Premium Member
join:2009-06-15
Canada

1 edit

Davesnothere

Premium Member

New Forum Page Settings on DSLR

After the short DSLR outage yesterday, I noticed some things :

First, there were some phantom IMs - no sender - click and they would go away - refresh page and it would happen again.

Next, the forum front pages where topics are listed are less tall and have more pages - GOOD SHOW !

This means less scrolling (though more paging if you want to go back in time).

Finally, the topic pages where we post now have 30 posts per page instead of the former 20, so more scrolling within topics, but less pages per topic.

Has anyone else noticed any OTHER changes ?

EDIT :

Thanks to FourBoxers for these links :
said by fourboxers:

....a couple topics you may want to read through where justin has mentioned some al-round site changes :

»Topic for site switch-to-new-servers glitches

»Something changed, and if it isn't a bug, I don't/do like it

Kalford
Seems To Be An Rtfm Problem.
MVM
join:2001-03-20
Ontario

Kalford

MVM

I'm not as observant. The only change I've really noticed is the following at the top of every page. . .

Welcome back. A topic has been created for site status (after the swit to new servers)

and the "MORE.." link to the right of itthat goes to said topic. I have no idea what it's for.

Anav
Sarcastic Llama? Naw, Just Acerbic
Premium Member
join:2001-07-16
Dartmouth, NS

Anav to Davesnothere

Premium Member

to Davesnothere
No changes here noted, but I heard that VIP members can pay extra to drive other posters mad by monkeying with their logins.

rogersmogers
@start.ca

rogersmogers to Davesnothere

Anon

to Davesnothere
said by Davesnothere:

First, there were some phantom IMs - no sender - click and they would go away - refresh page and it would happen again.

Next, the forum front pages where topics are listed are less tall and have more pages - GOOD SHOW !

Finally, the topic pages where we post now have 30 posts per page instead of the former 20, so more scrolling within topics, but less pages per topic.

You know you can change those settings yourself before today. I have mine set to 100 posts per page.

Thane_Bitter
Inquire within
Premium Member
join:2005-01-20

Thane_Bitter to Davesnothere

Premium Member

to Davesnothere
Bell Canada screwed up their routing after the site changed servers, packets would disappear someplace along their Chicago interconnect. But that was a few days ago.

Jackorama
I Am Woman
Premium Member
join:2008-05-23
Kingston, ON

Jackorama to Davesnothere

Premium Member

to Davesnothere
said by Davesnothere:

Same things happening with me. Topic about it here »Topic for site switch-to-new-servers glitches

Also notice that when I post I have to refresh the page before the post shows up in the topic.
bt
join:2009-02-26
canada

bt to Davesnothere

to Davesnothere
If a post has a group ("Serious", "Poll", etc) that group title is now shown in it's own column instead of at the front of the post title.

creed3020
Premium Member
join:2006-04-26
Kitchener, ON

1 recommendation

creed3020

Premium Member

said by bt:

If a post has a group ("Serious", "Poll", etc) that group title is now shown in it's own column instead of at the front of the post title.

I noticed this too today when browsing TekSavvy forum.

TSI Marc
Premium Member
join:2006-06-23
Chatham, ON

TSI Marc

Premium Member

it will surely come in handy to group the different services... it's difficult to know what a poster is talking about when DSL or Cable can be used for many different vendor... any way we can add more selectable buttons? rCable, vCable, TDSL... TekTalk..

postal codes also seem to be displayed under some users? is that new or has that been there long? that would be really useful to help ppl with as well.

fourboxers
Mod
join:2003-05-04
Toronto

fourboxers

Mod

The tags are per forum so you can shoot me an IM what you think needs added to the TSI forum. You can't make people use them either so there will be a lot of posts not tagged at all.

Postal codes are shown where the person has input it without a space and the site can't convert it to city.

TwiztedZero
Nine Zero Burp Nine Six
Premium Member
join:2011-03-31
Toronto, ON

TwiztedZero

Premium Member

Cool, any new perks in the works for Premium users?

fourboxers
Mod
join:2003-05-04
Toronto

fourboxers

Mod

Not that I've heard of but a couple topics you may want to read through where justin has mentioned some al-round site changes
»Topic for site switch-to-new-servers glitches
»Something changed, and if it isn't a bug, I don't/do like it

TSI Marc
Premium Member
join:2006-06-23
Chatham, ON

TSI Marc to fourboxers

Premium Member

to fourboxers
thanks fourboxers. I'll do that for sure.

Davesnothere
Change is NOT Necessarily Progress
Premium Member
join:2009-06-15
Canada

Davesnothere to fourboxers

Premium Member

to fourboxers
said by fourboxers:

....a couple topics you may want to read....

Thanks.