share rss forum feed

TSI Outages
TSI Support
Premium
join:2009-09-28
Chatham, ON

4 edits

July 18th 2013 Outages Update

1 - The fiber cut outage from yesterday is being re-investigated by the Rogers Network team. ***If still experiencing issues please reach out to us in the Direct »TekSavvy Direct to troubleshoot.

2- Quebec cable outage has reports of being resolved. If still experiencing issues please reach out to us in the Direct »TekSavvy Direct to troubleshoot.

3 - Cable internet customers in BC will be experiencing problems browsing the internet caused by a routing issue.

*** We apologize for the inconvenience, and are working to resolve these issues as quickly as possible.

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
join:2006-06-23
Chatham, ON
kudos:28
Geez. WTH.

Janek

@ibm.com
reply to TSI Outages

Internet outage in Ottawa

Can you please indicate what areas in Ottawa will be affected.
Also would you have time for this issue to be finally resolved.
I was with Rogers for 5 years and the longes break in internet connection lasted about an hour

Jan

TSI Andre
Got TekSavvy?
Premium,VIP
join:2008-06-03
Chatham, ON
kudos:24
Hi Jan,

All issues in Ottawa should be resolved. If you are still experiencing issues, can you please post in the Direct Forum?

Andre

Waterloo_eh

@labstat.com
reply to TSI Outages

Re: July 18th 2013 Outages Update

As of 8:00AM this morning my internet was still not working in Waterloo. Cannot reach the DNS.

TSI Andre
Got TekSavvy?
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON
"1 - The fiber cut outage from yesterday should be resolved. If you are still having issues, please post in the »TekSavvy Direct forum with account info and symptoms so we can investigate further."

Ashgrey

@rogers.com
reply to TSI Andre

Re: Internet outage in Ottawa

Still having issues in Toronto too

KC_

join:2013-06-10
North York, ON
reply to Waterloo_eh

Re: July 18th 2013 Outages Update

Try OpenDNS (or Google dns) to see if it resolves your issue.
OpenDNS addresses are:

Google DNS:

Regards,
KC_

OrionOps

join:2013-03-26
Kanata, ON
reply to TSI Outages
Shouldn't just setting a different DNS server on your computer/router fix this issue?

CrystalGard

join:2013-07-17
k7c0b7
reply to TSI Outages
Mine in carleton place (fallowfield) is out. Has been for a while now again. Going to reboot etc . But this is a bit ridiculous to still be having issues 24 hours later.

LostInTO

@telus.com
reply to TSI Andre
Still left without service here in Toronto. Is the fiber cut resolved or not? This is NUTS!
Shouldn't network traffic be re-routed when there's a cut? Do we not have any redundancies?

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
join:2006-06-23
Chatham, ON
kudos:28
there was nothing wrong with our dns.
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

muppetx

@wind.ca
Been down since tuesday early morning in Newmarket. Still no internet, no updates. What is going on??

savvypilot

join:2009-03-20
Toronto, ON
reply to LostInTO
Same here, on York Mills and just lost service again about an hour ago. Power cycled the modem, but Online LED won't come on.

mrpinc

join:2013-07-18
Newmarket, ON
reply to muppetx
muppetx: So have I. They have are scheduling a tech to come out. There's also another Newmarket(onian?) who has also been down. This is pretty brutal.

kabes

join:2010-05-14
Kitchener, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
reply to LostInTO
said by LostInTO :

Still left without service here in Toronto. Is the fiber cut resolved or not? This is NUTS!
Shouldn't network traffic be re-routed when there's a cut? Do we not have any redundancies?

It was rerouted yesterday. Speed was slower but it was working. Your issue might be something different?

Bananas77

@grouptelecom.net
I'm in Whiby and still having issues with the stability of my internet connection. If it's not related to the fiber cut issues, is there something else you've seen that I can address on my own?

TSI Outages
TSI Support
Premium
join:2009-09-28
Chatham, ON

3 edits
See original post for updates.

vastator_x

@myvzw.com
reply to TSI Outages
Anyone else experiencing DHCP issues in the downtown Toronto core?

Modem looks normal, when coax cable disconnected get an internal IP address that goes to modem diagnostics (that shows DHCP failed/no answer). When coax cable connected - no IP.

Completely different than the generally slow/unstable internet over past couple of days due to power cut.

Jen

@bell.ca
Actually my internet connection is even worse than last week.

wmtorode

@uwaterloo.ca
reply to TSI Outages
We have been experiencing an outage with our cable internet in Waterloo since about 1:30 last night, we tripped a breaker in the house and after we got it back up the internet was flaky then went down altogether and hasn't been back up since. is this related to any outage or should we contact support?

coolspot18

join:2012-10-23
reply to TSI Outages
Anyone notice that sites still are not loading properly? My speeds are generally OK, but many sites load partially, i.e. the HTML but not the pictures, or half the page. A reload or two usually fixes it.

Is there still something wrong with the routing where some data is getting lost?

I'm in Richmond Hill.

UPDATE: I rebooted my modem and looks like things are back to normal - so why does my modem slow down from time to time? I notice the pings spike through the roof (600 - 900ms) but once I reboot, it clears up?

TSI Andre
Got TekSavvy?
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON
reply to TSI Outages
Guys... If you are having issues, we need to open tickets. Please post your info in the direct forum.

Cam3ls

Toronto, ON
reply to TSI Outages
I live downtown. Wellesley/Jarvis area and have had no Internet since 3AM. I am working from home and tethering for Internet.

Is there any chance of getting an update on when this will be resolved?

jmck
formerly 'shaded'

join:2010-10-02
Ottawa, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·Start Communicat..
said by Cam3ls:

I live downtown. Wellesley/Jarvis area and have had no Internet since 3AM. I am working from home and tethering for Internet.

Is there any chance of getting an update on when this will be resolved?

you have an isolated issue that won't get fixed until you call in or open a ticket as indicated above a few times.

TSI Andre
Got TekSavvy?
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON
reply to TSI Outages
Can anyone confirm if they are back online? Queues are quieting down so I thought I'd check.

potatoman

join:2008-01-16
reply to Jen
Yeah mine's about the same - which is still not as it should be - good stats all around, slow initial request for pages + loading some content. Posting in the direct forum now. I'm on Greensboro BTW.

Fraoch

join:2003-08-01
Cambridge, ON
kudos:2
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
reply to TSI Andre
said by TSI Andre:

Can anyone confirm if they are back online? Queues are quieting down so I thought I'd check.

It's been perfect for me all day today.

Ren

@telus.com
reply to TSI Outages
Bayview and Eglinton still no service.

desix

Still have no service at Church/Dundas. On hold for 30+ minutes already.