Search similar:

uniqs
thomaus
join:2010-05-21
Toronto, ON

thomaus to TSI Andre

to TSI Andre

Re: July 18th 2013 Outages Update

Still down at Danforth/Broadview. I have a direct support post from this morning. My modem won't even ping 8.8.8.8.

Log has DHCP warning, T4 & T3 timeouts. Just recently the Upstream status light started blinking (scanning).

When I check status the 4th upstream channel hasn't locked on.

pissed off
@teksavvy.com

pissed off

Anon

ever since july 8th in north york, i did not have internet until july 16th. my initial call to teksavvy was july 10th to see whats going on, they asked to be patient and i was.
i understand that the storm took a lot of effort for everyone involved to fix all things needed to be fixed so i didnt bother being a pest and call teksavvy everyday.

after week of no internet, ive decided to power cycle and i was able to get online but it was like back in the 56k phone modem days. most of the sites were really slow to load or have connection timed out.

so on the same day july 16, i called into teksavvy to see whats taking them so long to get rogers to fix this crap. all they did was run some modem test and opened a ticket. but as im sitting here ranting on july 18, i must ask; wtf is taking sooooo long? ive been patiently waiting and i understand that it takes time to get shiet together but this is ridiculous!

i also heard that if customers do not call in often to "open ticket-complain" then they will not get reimbursed properly. i find that really r3t@rded! i work along side customer service and i know how irratating most of the calls are. its always about impatient people asking the same questions over and over. that is why ive only called in twice in almost two weeks. if i am not reimbursed accordingly, i will be even more pissed and will move service.
mrpinc
join:2013-07-18
Newmarket, ON

mrpinc

Amen brother!!!!!

Jen
@telus.com

Jen to TSI Outages

Anon

to TSI Outages
I think I'll leave my modem and router unplugged until it's absolutely certain that everything is back to normal, like those pre-flood days..
And maybe the employees can check their own connections at home and confirm if they're working or not.
Unless they use different ISPs LOL.

linicx
Caveat Emptor
Premium Member
join:2002-12-03
United State

linicx

Premium Member

I've had Internet for a number of years. Floods, tornadoes, lightening, snow, ice, blistering heat, shovels, viruses, system attacks, system failure, server software updates, fiber or cable cut, third-party hosts, and even squirrels can cause a break in the Internet. Finding and fixing "it" over hundreds of miles of cables and wires throughout Canada can sometimes be a lengthy and a frustrating process.

Please believe me when I say your ISP is working very hard to identify "it" and get you back on line as fast as possible. They hate this more than you do. It is an enormous pita to get a large system back up and tested after a failure not caused by them.

It is a long story but I worked with small ISPs in three states. I experienced it and got to watch the recovery process from fail to fully functioning. Downtown averaged 3-5 days, and sometimes the email worked before the whole system was oniine because the mail server was separate.