spc
uniqs

LostInTO
@telus.com

LostInTO to TSI Andre

Anon

to TSI Andre

Re: July 18th 2013 Outages Update

Still left without service here in Toronto. Is the fiber cut resolved or not? This is NUTS!
Shouldn't network traffic be re-routed when there's a cut? Do we not have any redundancies?

TSI Marc
Premium Member
join:2006-06-23
Chatham, ON

TSI Marc

Premium Member

there was nothing wrong with our dns.

muppetx
@wind.ca

muppetx

Anon

Been down since tuesday early morning in Newmarket. Still no internet, no updates. What is going on??
savvypilot
join:2009-03-20
Toronto, ON

savvypilot to LostInTO

to LostInTO
Same here, on York Mills and just lost service again about an hour ago. Power cycled the modem, but Online LED won't come on.
mrpinc
join:2013-07-18
Newmarket, ON

mrpinc to muppetx

to muppetx
muppetx: So have I. They have are scheduling a tech to come out. There's also another Newmarket(onian?) who has also been down. This is pretty brutal.
kabes
join:2010-05-14
Kitchener, ON

kabes to LostInTO

to LostInTO
said by LostInTO :

Still left without service here in Toronto. Is the fiber cut resolved or not? This is NUTS!
Shouldn't network traffic be re-routed when there's a cut? Do we not have any redundancies?

It was rerouted yesterday. Speed was slower but it was working. Your issue might be something different?

Bananas77
@grouptelecom.net

Bananas77

Anon

I'm in Whiby and still having issues with the stability of my internet connection. If it's not related to the fiber cut issues, is there something else you've seen that I can address on my own?

TSI Outages
TSI Support
ISP Employee
join:2009-09-28
Chatham, ON

3 edits

TSI Outages

ISP Employee

See original post for updates.