All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs

DisconInPSL
@fpl.com

DisconInPSL

Anon

[Connectivity] Network Problems in Port St. Lucie, FL?

I suppose this is more of an FYI and 'is anybody else having this problem' sort of post.

We live in Port St. Lucie, FL and our Comcast internet has been down since Monday. Interestingly enough, just the download speed is affected, averaging just around 0.15 - 0.25Mbps when it actually works. Upload speeds have been fine at around 5.0Mbps, which is what it usually is.

A technician came to our place yesterday, spent 4.5 hours troubleshooting and determined there is nothing wrong w/ our modem or internal wiring -- the problem exists outside of our house, on the network somewhere. He said his supervisor would come out tomorrow. Which brings us to today ...

After chatting with 3 Comcast folks via online chat and 1 person over the telephone this morning, just asking for a timeframe when the supervisor was coming out (so I could make sure someone was home) or just generally what was going on with our ticket, a 5th person finally called me around 1:30pm and told me that there is a known network issue in our area that they've known about since yesterday and that they can't send a technician out until that known issue is resolved. Fair enough. But really -- the 4 people I communicated with this morning couldn't have told me that?

Oy!

graysonf
MVM
join:1999-07-16
Fort Lauderdale, FL

graysonf

MVM

They would have to know about it before they could tell you about it.

flwpwr
@comcast.net

flwpwr to DisconInPSL

Anon

to DisconInPSL
said by DisconInPSL :

I suppose this is more of an FYI and 'is anybody else having this problem' sort of post.

We live in Port St. Lucie, FL and our Comcast internet has been down since Monday. Interestingly enough, just the download speed is affected, averaging just around 0.15 - 0.25Mbps when it actually works. Upload speeds have been fine at around 5.0Mbps, which is what it usually is.

A technician came to our place yesterday, spent 4.5 hours troubleshooting and determined there is nothing wrong w/ our modem or internal wiring -- the problem exists outside of our house, on the network somewhere. He said his supervisor would come out tomorrow. Which brings us to today ...

After chatting with 3 Comcast folks via online chat and 1 person over the telephone this morning, just asking for a timeframe when the supervisor was coming out (so I could make sure someone was home) or just generally what was going on with our ticket, a 5th person finally called me around 1:30pm and told me that there is a known network issue in our area that they've known about since yesterday and that they can't send a technician out until that known issue is resolved. Fair enough. But really -- the 4 people I communicated with this morning couldn't have told me that?

Oy!

I would check with any neighbors you know and see if they use Comcast and are having that issue, its not normal for downstream to be affected and not upstream, that's usually a faulty router in the home and not a system issue, that causes that scenario. Often a software based bug that can be overcome with a power cycle of the router, but not always.

DisconInPSL
@comcast.net

DisconInPSL

Anon

Comcast came out yesterday and resolved the problem.
The tech told me multiple people in this area ("the entire node" he said) was having an issue where if you were on a certain rate code in Comcast's system, you'd end up with this problem.