spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Jeo

@rogers.com

[ALL] Shaw down?

Is shaw down right now in richmond lansdowne? Cause all of a sudden the internet died and so did the cable.

itgurl

@shawcable.net

I believe Shaw is down in parts of Richmond as a result of a power outage - caused by a motor vehicle accident. (See BC Hydro Map on their site)... I have two clients on the west and south side of Lansdowne that are both without Internet.

Shaw_Alex
Official Shaw Rep

join:2010-12-16
kudos:1
reply to Jeo

You can find the latest updates at »community.shaw.ca/docs/DOC-2091

mikoulyak

join:2011-02-05
Richmond, BC

1 edit

How do I get credit for downtime? Do I need to call Shaw or will I be credited automatically?

Shaw_Alex
Official Shaw Rep

join:2010-12-16

There are not any automated credits to be applied for the downtime caused by this outage.

join:2013-02-02
Whistler, BC

1 edit

maybe there isnt automated credits but if you call in tech support like me i got credited for 20 days (60$) yesterday for the issue so certainly other people should be able to aswell, mikoulyak you should call shaw and talk to a tech support agent explain your issue calmly and they should be able to help you, maybe if you mention some recent previous outages like me it will help, they can look back and see them

also alex that page u said u can see updates, it doesnt work

Darhole
Premium
join:2005-06-14
Edmonton, AB

1 recommendation

he said automated. learn to read.

Juggernaut
Irreverent or irrelevant?
Premium
join:2006-09-05
Kelowna, BC
kudos:2

"Enter this place, and abandon all hope".

uriliar

join:2013-07-19
reply to Jeo

I wonder if it has something to do with all the expanding teksavvy cable users in the richmond area they all pay a premium you know! They all pay more than the shaw cable packages. I wonder if that overloaded the netwrok?

mikoulyak

join:2011-02-05
Richmond, BC
reply to 18286719

Thanks Connor, I just contacted them via chat and I should be credited for a couple of days worth of service.

Thanks.

join:2013-02-02
Whistler, BC

glad you figured it out no prob