Brake In A Ladylike Manner.
Premium Member
join:2001-08-30
Sterling, VA

1 recommendation

SixOfNine

Premium Member

Legend of Korra - Book 2: Spirits

Fans of The Walking Dead and Legend of Korra rejoice: Steven Yeun, known to fans of the AMC horror show as Glenn, will be joining the voice cast of the Nickelodeon animated series for a guest role as Wan, the very first Avatar in existence. Yeun’s character will appear in two episodes titled “Beginnings 1 & 2 during the second season — aka Book 2: Spirits — debuting later this year.

The sequel to the beloved Avatar: The Last Airbender, Legend of Korra debuted last April to 4.5 million viewers, and quickly became the highest-rated show on Nickelodeon. Both series are set in a fictional world where people called “benders” have special abilities that allow them to control one of the four elements (water, earth, air, and fire), but only one person — the Avatar — can control all four and bring balance to the world.

Wan’s story will take place 10,000 years before Korra’s time, and follow the teenage explorer and skilled bender as he tries to bring balance between mankind and the spirits, a quest that ultimately leads to becoming the first Avatar...

These episodes will also mark a significant stylistic departure from the usual aesthetics of Legend of Korra. ”To depict the world in Wan’s time, the creative team drew inspiration from ancient and traditional East Asian ink wash paintings and woodblock prints for the environments, color palettes, and stylizations of the elements,” said a Nickelodeon representative. “The results expand the vision of the Avatar world, but also stay very true to the building blocks of its visual influence.”

More details will be announced at the Legend of Korra panel at Comic-Con International in San Diego, which is slated for 11:15 a.m. Friday morning in Ballroom 20. Check out the WIRED liveblog for up-to-the-minute details on the event, which opened today to the general public.

»www.wired.com/underwire/ ··· en-yeun/

Snakeoil
Ignore Button. The coward's feature.
Premium Member
join:2000-08-05
united state

Snakeoil

Premium Member

Bummer I missed the runof the first season on Nick. Maybe netflix will pick it up.

Grimm
join:2011-05-23

Grimm

C-C-C-COMBO BREAKER

TheBionic
Funkier than a mohair disco ball.
Premium Member
join:2009-07-06
united state

TheBionic to SixOfNine

Premium Member

to SixOfNine
I hope they don't actually change the title of the series every season (a la Book 2: Spirits). It causes my DVR to miss the first couple of episodes until I log in here and see you folks talking about it. Loved Season 1.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix to Snakeoil

Premium Member

to Snakeoil
Season one is now on blu-ray at walmart
DarkLogix

DarkLogix to TheBionic

Premium Member

to TheBionic
Season one was Book 1: air I think

the last airbender went through Book 1,2 3,4 (air, water, earth, fire) (I might have the order wrong)

so the show is The legend of Kora
the season is Book 2:spirits

SixOfNine
Premium Member
Sterling, VA

2 recommendations

SixOfNine

Premium Member

Here's a new trailer published by Nickelodeon. The series returns in September.

»www.youtube.com/watch?v= ··· Lm52V1y0

TheBionic
Premium Member
united state

TheBionic to DarkLogix

Premium Member

to DarkLogix
Ah cool, thanks. I caught the first series on Netflix one after another so it wasn't an issue.

Octavean
MVM
join:2001-03-31
New York, NY

Octavean to SixOfNine

MVM

to SixOfNine
$#!t yeah!!!

Woohoo,....

Looking forward to this!

Alpha Phoenix
Premium Member
join:2001-06-15
Brooklyn, NY

Alpha Phoenix to SixOfNine

Premium Member

to SixOfNine
Thanks for this! My wife and I both love this show!

SixOfNine
Premium Member
Sterling, VA

1 recommendation

SixOfNine

Premium Member

I haven't watched it yet, but the Nick website is showing the first three minutes of the premiere episode:

»www.nick.com/videos/clip ··· id=LOKFB

Octavean
MVM
New York, NY

Octavean

MVM

Cool,....

Thanks for that!

SixOfNine
Premium Member
Sterling, VA

3 recommendations

SixOfNine

Premium Member

Reminder: Season premiere on Friday, September 13th, 7 PM eastern.

Octavean
MVM
New York, NY

Octavean to SixOfNine

MVM

to SixOfNine
Just setup series recording for this!

SixOfNine
Premium Member
Sterling, VA

1 recommendation

SixOfNine

Premium Member

said by Octavean:

Just setup series recording for this!

And for the rest of you, a friendly reminder that the one-hour season premiere is this Friday at 7 PM eastern. Oh, and here's another trailer.

»www.nick.com/videos/clip ··· id=LOKFB
SixOfNine

1 recommendation

SixOfNine

Premium Member

Tonight's the night!

Alpha Phoenix
Premium Member
Brooklyn, NY

Alpha Phoenix

Premium Member

said by SixOfNine:

Tonight's the night!

FINALLY!

Octavean
MVM
New York, NY

Octavean to SixOfNine

MVM

to SixOfNine
I remember the premiere episode of season one,.....

It was a freebee off of iTunes so I downloaded it for the kids when we were on vacation,.....watched it on the iPad. It was really great stuff. Different then Avatar the last Airbender but great just the same.

Can't wait for the first episode of season 2. I'm probably looking forward to it more then the kids,.....

Got to love a show that turns you into a kid again,...!!!

SixOfNine
Premium Member
Sterling, VA

SixOfNine

Premium Member

Excellent premiere episode. It was nice to see the Air temple rebuilt and being maintained, with Ang's statue in there.

Octavean
MVM
New York, NY

Octavean

MVM

said by SixOfNine:

Excellent premiere episode. It was nice to see the Air temple rebuilt and being maintained, with Ang's statue in there.

Yes indeed as well as the other Avatar's statues (stone) and a mysterious state that seemed so old it was made of wood,........

I think we know where this is going,....

RockCake
Premium Member
join:2005-07-12
Woodbridge, VA

RockCake to SixOfNine

Premium Member

to SixOfNine
I can't wait to see how Jinora's story line plays out. She's one of my favorites despite her minimal screen time last season.

Alpha Phoenix
Premium Member
Brooklyn, NY

Alpha Phoenix to Octavean

Premium Member

to Octavean
said by Octavean:

said by SixOfNine:

Yes indeed as well as the other Avatar's statues (stone) and a mysterious state that seemed so old it was made of wood,........

I want to see the water bending tribes united into a great Water Nation, and the Airbenders repopulated and continue to grow and for a strong Air Nation too.

SixOfNine
Premium Member
Sterling, VA

1 recommendation

SixOfNine

Premium Member

Loved the one-hour special about the first avatar, voiced by Stephen Yeun of Walking Dead.

The "woodblock" style of animation for the very old story was very cool.

RockCake
Premium Member
Woodbridge, VA

RockCake

Premium Member

I kept trying to place Vaatu's voice and finally figured out he was Diablo III's Tyrael (Jonathan Adams).
The "Beginnings" episodes are the best of the Korra series, by far.

TheBionic
Premium Member
united state

TheBionic to SixOfNine

Premium Member

to SixOfNine
said by SixOfNine:

Loved the one-hour special about the first avatar, voiced by Stephen Yeun of Walking Dead.

The "woodblock" style of animation for the very old story was very cool.

I just watched that episode. I really liked it.

Octavean
MVM
New York, NY

Octavean

MVM

Same here, really good stuff!

Alpha Phoenix
Premium Member
Brooklyn, NY

Alpha Phoenix to SixOfNine

Premium Member

to SixOfNine
Agreed!

RockCake
Premium Member
Woodbridge, VA

1 recommendation

RockCake to SixOfNine

Premium Member

to SixOfNine
Perhaps they'll meet again...

Octavean
MVM
New York, NY

1 edit

Octavean to SixOfNine

MVM

to SixOfNine
OK, based on Beginnings Part 1 and part 2 (which were excellence incarnate) I think we may now have an idea of what is going on due to the introduction of characters like Rava, Vaatu and the first Avatar Wan.

Unalaq attacking the southern water tribe is strategically timed with the great convergence. No one has demonstrated any real power over the spirits save for Vaatu and later Unalaq (who is likely doing it via proxy). We know that the spirt world is accessible and that Unalaq crosses over (likely to convene with the imprisoned Vaatu and enlist / enslave angry spirits).

The motives are likely ultimately Vaatu's.

SixOfNine
Premium Member
Sterling, VA

SixOfNine to RockCake

Premium Member

to RockCake
said by Octavean:

said by RockCake:

I can't wait to see how Jinora's story line plays out. She's one of my favorites despite her minimal screen time last season.

Well, we got our answer last night. and Octavean See Profile is right -- Vaatu is running the show, with Unalaq as his minion in the material world.