uniqs
share rss forum feed

elec999

join:2005-12-19
Reviews:
·Start Communicat..

Need help with outside access

I need helping setting up.
I have a static IP and one two servers on the network. I need to somehow access both servers from outside using port 8080.

server1.mydomain.com going to same external ip
server2.mydomain.com going to same external ip

i already open port 8080 for both internal ips for these servers
server1 192.168.0.xx port 80,8080,443 is open
server2 192.168.0.xx port 80,8080,443 is open

What should I tell my ips to setup for rdns in order to access each server by using those address from outside.

Jason24

join:2004-01-21
Davenport, FL
Assuming this is for hosting a web site, what server are you using? It would be pretty easy to setup IIS/Apache to host multiple sites on a single server with a shared IP.

elec999

reply to elec999
Each server is seperate. The first one is my exchange server. And then theres another server hosting something else.

phantom99b

join:2008-08-04
Chillicothe, IL
reply to elec999
I might be speaking out of turn here but the setup that you want will not work due to routing issues. When you port forward your router, you tell your router that all traffic on a particular port should go directly to a particular ip address. You can't forward all traffic to two different locations. The best thing to do is have your router use different ports like 8080 to server1 and 8081 to server2. You could always get a second public IP from your provider and have 2 ips then you could associate each public ip to its own server.

Basshead89

join:2012-08-07
Modesto, CA
reply to elec999
If you only have one outside IP you will have to change ports on one of the two servers.

then you can forward the traffic to the right server with port forwarding.

If you have more than one outside IP this is a simple NAT\Routing issue.

Guy3685

join:2012-09-03
Patchogue, NY
reply to elec999
What Software are you running on the servers?

I do this with Apache all the time:
You would need to decide which server will be the main server and forward the ports in your router to that server. Then you would have to configure Apache to use Virtualhosts that will check the Server name and forward the request to the correct server. If you need a quick install of an apache server for windows check out xampp. Your second server and be running what ever you want it to be running.

Here is a link explaining how to run multiple servers for Apache: »www.integratedwebsystems.com/201···e-proxy/

If using a windows server you need to install and configure it as a DNS, and internet gateway, and dhcp server server so that it will receive all requests and forward them to the proper server. I have not done it with a windows server in a while.

elec999

Reviews:
·Start Communicat..
reply to elec999
If using a windows server you need to install and configure it as a DNS, and internet gateway, and dhcp server server so that it will receive all requests and forward them to the proper server. I have not done it with a windows server in a while.

Where would I find a guide for Windows.