how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

elkido122

join:2011-02-23
Folsom, CA

[Connectivity] netgear r6300 or asus rt-ac66r

which one would you all prefer to get? Im looking into getting something to connect my xbox's to and for also a couple desktop pc's and some smartphones. opinions would be great. thanks

jaynick
lit up
Premium
join:2001-02-06
Sterling Heights, MI
kudos:2

1 recommendation

I am using the R6300 v1 and it's rock solid. I love it. I have 12 total devices on it. I read and hear the Asus rt-ac66r is also a great router and well liked. You shouldn't go wrong with either. of course YMMV applies.

NormanS
I gave her time to steal my mind away
Premium,MVM
join:2001-02-14
San Jose, CA
kudos:12
reply to elkido122
I am not familiar with that Netgear. I went with the Asus RT-AC66U (basically the same thing; I think the "R" is tied to a specific retail outlet).

RT-AC66U can configure IPV6 DHCP-PD.

YukonHawk

join:2001-01-07
Patterson, NY
reply to elkido122
Go with the Asus AC. The range is killer.

NetDog
Premium,VIP
join:2002-03-04
Parker, CO
kudos:81

1 recommendation

reply to elkido122
I agree I love my Asus..

Darknessfall
Premium
join:2012-08-17
kudos:6
Reviews:
·Frontier Communi..
·Comcast
·AT&T U-Verse
reply to NormanS
said by NormanS:

I am not familiar with that Netgear. I went with the Asus RT-AC66U (basically the same thing; I think the "R" is tied to a specific retail outlet).

RT-AC66U can configure IPV6 DHCP-PD.

All of the Asus "R" versions are Best Buy sold I believe.

YukonHawk

join:2001-01-07
Patterson, NY
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to elkido122
said by elkido122:

which one would you all prefer to get? Im looking into getting something to connect my xbox's to and for also a couple desktop pc's and some smartphones. opinions would be great. thanks

Here's is a review from Small Net Builder. Hope this helps you.

»www.smallnetbuilder.com/wireless···reviewed

RR Conductor
NWP RR Inc.,serving NW CA
Premium
join:2002-04-02
Redwood Valley, CA
kudos:1

1 recommendation

reply to YukonHawk
said by YukonHawk:

Go with the Asus AC. The range is killer.

I have the 6300 and the range on it is AMAZING, I get strong 5 Ghz signal in areas of my home I was not able to before, including using an Asus RTN66U, my previous router. They're both good routers, but I tell you, I am VERY impressed with the 6300, in terms of speed, range and reliability. The Netgear, like the Asus is well supported by 3rd party firmware, and even with the stock FW is able to be configured a good amount.

Darknessfall
Premium
join:2012-08-17
kudos:6
reply to elkido122
I have the Linksys EA6300(EA6400) and it's 5 GHz range is either incredible or it's 2.4 GHz is terrible. My 5 GHz was getting around/very slightly better of a signal than 2.4 GHz.