Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

devolic
Premium
join:2001-11-22
Oscoda, MI

Service Down Since Monday - Ortonville MI

My friends phone/internet services have been down Since Monday in Ortonville, MI. Anybody else have problems or know why or when it will be back up. Sorry that's all the information I know.
--
WinXP Pro SP3

Double OH 7

join:2009-10-19

I live just north of Ortonville, in a small town. Tuesday I had to go to my mechanic (in Ortonville) and their internet and television service was down the entire time I was there... 5-6 hours.

Although, I'm assuming they got their service back in the evening Wednesday; because they were finally able to finalize my payment. But, maybe it's because they are on the business tiers?

While I was there; I overheard one of the mechanics saying a couple of his buddies in town were having issues with their service @ the time.

johns36j

join:2012-03-19
Utica, MI
reply to devolic

I live 24 miles northeast of Ortonville. About 6 months ago I had numerous techs out because i have had some serious internet issues(congestion and noise issues). They said it is an area problem that they have been working on. I have been in contact with a man in charge of my area and he said by July, the congestion and noise problem should be fixed because they are upgrading to 8 bonded channels and separating nodes. Apparently there is 2 nodes on 1 card(which is not the protocol they follow). It is suppose to be 1 node on 1 card. I just filed a BBB complaint because the quality of service is garbage. I was also promised all these problems to be fixed by july in march. I use to never have a problem with charter until the last couple years. I have been a loyal customer since 2001. The congestion problem has been so bad i get like 500kbps-1mbps on the ultra tier. On a rare occassion i will get 10-12mbps.

passerby

join:2013-03-22
Monroe, MI
reply to devolic

I would say a call the 800 number or a visit to the office is way overdue.

cork1958
Cork
Premium
join:2000-02-26
reply to devolic

Can't say as I have a clue as to where Ortonville is, but there hasn't been a single issue here in West Michigan.

Is Ortonville some where near Whoville or Hooterville?! Sorry, couldn't help myself!
--
The Firefox alternative.
»www.mozilla.org/projects/seamonkey/

Zappa2000

join:2001-12-16
Kalamazoo, MI

said by cork1958:

Can't say as I have a clue as to where Ortonville is, but there hasn't been a single issue here in West Michigan.

Is Ortonville some where near Whoville or Hooterville?! Sorry, couldn't help myself!

Heh...

As for the OP, and yet another reason Charter needs to have a status page of known outages.
The phone reps don't have a clue most of the time.

cork1958
Cork
Premium
join:2000-02-26

Yeah,
A pretty sad attempt at humor. Makes a little more sense if you know what/where Hooterville is though, if you're not old enough. Hooterville was the home of Petticoat Junction and Green Acres on tv, eons ago! I'm sure you know where/what Whoville is.
--
The Firefox alternative.
»www.mozilla.org/projects/seamonkey/

Techie01

@verizon.net
reply to devolic

If this was near the Oxford, mi area the services were down for awhile near that part of Michigan because about 6000ft of fiber got damaged/burnt.