how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

goldbeab

join:2008-05-31
Brighton, MA

[Connectivity] Internet Keeps Dropping Out In Brighton, MA

Anyone else in Brighton having an internet issue? My connection keeps cycling. It'll work fine for fifteen minutes and then goes offline for three minutes, and then back up fifteen minutes... down three minutes... up... down.... This has been going on for about 48 hours. I tried power cycling the modem several times to no avail. I called RCN and the tech support wasn't able to help at all. The woman I spoke with rebooted on her end when it was online but then while we were on the phone it dropped out again. Her only other solution was to send a technician to the house which she promptly offered to charge me for.

lilhurricane
Crunchin' For Cures
Premium,Mod
join:2003-01-11
Purple Zone
kudos:57

Next time it's 'up' - please add your encoded mac address

goldbeab

Brighton, MA

1 recommendation

reply to goldbeab

Yesterday and today have been a little better -- meaning a slightly more consistent connection. Today, however, even when I was up I maxed out at 3.38Mbps downstream when my connection typically clocks in between 15-20Mbps.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Encoded Mac: e977fc436e12fe40939dde873e978cd6a35fab6b

lilhurricane
Crunchin' For Cures
Premium,Mod
join:2003-01-11
Purple Zone
kudos:57

Thanks for adding that..

Still having the issues, goldbeab See Profile?

Pacomartin

join:2013-03-18
Bethlehem, PA
reply to goldbeab

»192.168.100.1/
What are your upstream and downstream power levels, and your signal to noise ratio

goldbeab

Brighton, MA
reply to goldbeab

My downstream speeds have returned to normal but the intermittent connectivity issues have persisted. The frequency of the dropouts occurring has gotten better, but I'm still seeing my connection completely drop out for five minutes every hour or so.

goldbeab

Brighton, MA
reply to goldbeab

... forgot to mention that all my specs seem to be in normal ranges.

sashwa
Premium,Mod
join:2001-01-29
Alcatraz
kudos:17
reply to goldbeab

(topic move) [Connectivity] Internet Keeps Dropping Out In North

Moderator Action
The post that was here, has been moved to a new topic .. »[Connectivity] Internet Keeps Dropping Out In North Waltham, MA