join:2007-10-02
Newcastle, ON
Asus XT8
Asus RT-AX92U
Nokia XS-010X-Q

shwatkin to snorlax14

Premium Member

to snorlax14

Re: Don't forget to replace your DSL filters yearly!!

I once had a customer come into a computer store I was working at and ask me for a new 56K modem (yeah, this was a few years ago). I asked why? The customer said that she had spoke to Bell tech support and that the support tech told her that her modem wasn't working because it had expired and to go buy a new one. I informed the customer that she should probably bring in the computer for us to test free of charge and if the modem was actually faulty then we would sell her a new one and install it. After the customer left I promptly laughed myself to tears. It's amazing what people without tech knowledge will believe when it seems to come from a reputable source. Expired, still love that one.
snorlax14
join:2007-11-20
Thornhill, ON

snorlax14

"expired" may be translated as "dead". Could be a tech who first language isn't English used the wrong word.

Davesnothere
Change is NOT Necessarily Progress
Premium Member
join:2009-06-15
Canada

Davesnothere to shwatkin

Premium Member

to shwatkin
said by shwatkin:

I once had a customer come into a computer store I was working at and ask me for a new 56K modem....

Like the woman in an old electronics magazine cartoon, standing at the counter in the repair store, talking with the tech there :

"My husband said that this radio has a 'short' in it. - Would you put a 'long' in it, or something ?"

Don't shoot me - I'm only the messenger - the cartoon exists.
julienvf
join:2008-12-30
Verdun, QC

julienvf to shwatkin

to shwatkin
That actually happened to me last week.. Customer asking for a new 56k modem to put in a tower running Windows Me!