Premium
join:2001-08-30
Sterling, VA
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to Grimm

Re: Batman in the Next Superman movie

said by Grimm:

I've never really been into the comics and such so I don't know the actual story. But wouldn't Superman completely destroy Batman? I mean, Superman is basically a god from another world and Batman is essentially just a playboy techy in a cape. Unless Kryptonite is the equalizer I just don't see how it's even a competition.

If it's a death match there's so much that Superman could do from a distance, such as bore a hole through Batman's skull with heat vision, drop an asteroid on him, fly right through him in less than the blink of an eye, etc., right?

If they're both following their traditional vows not to kill, it might be more interesting.
--
Leave the gun. Take the cannoli.

Alpha Phoenix
Premium
join:2001-06-15
Brooklyn, NY
kudos:1
reply to Snakeoil

said by Snakeoil:

In Kingdom Come, they never actually fought. They just had separate plans, with different outcomes, though similar goals.
Heck, by the time the story Kingdom come rolls around, Superman isn't that bothered with Kryptonite any longer [no matter the color]. He is basically just short of being a god.

In the comic book, I think[I didn't read the books that this took place in], Bats had a few devices made from Kryptonite.

There is an animated Justice League movie, where the JLA is having problems fighting their enemies. The root cause was because the "secrete" file Batman had on their weaknesses had been hacked. Batman collected the intel, in case one or more of the heroes decided to go villain.
So bats knows how to stop superman and the others.

Yeah. It was Justice League: Doom. It was a great movie.

--
"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." - Galileo

Snakeoil
Ignore Button. The coward's feature.
Premium
join:2000-08-05
Mentor, OH

I enjoyed, just couldn't remember the name of it. I also enjoyed the Batman year 1 videos.

aelingil
Mmm Burnt Toast
Premium
join:2008-10-22
Mesa, AZ

2 recommendations

reply to Snakeoil

Just saw this..

capecoddah

join:2005-03-18
Yarmouth Port, MA

1 recommendation

reply to Snakeoil

Fat Man?

GlennAllen
Sunny with highs in the 80s
Premium
join:2002-11-17
Richmond, VA

Something else you don't have to deal with in animation (actors getting older).

"I'm Batman." (Sure you are. )

bionicRod
Funkier than a mohair disco ball.
Premium
join:2009-07-06
united state
kudos:2
reply to Snakeoil

Well shit.

Ben Affleck is Batman.

The actor will replace Christian Bale as Bruce Wayne in the upcoming untitled Batman-Superman feature for Warner Bros., the studio announced Thursday.

Affleck becomes the eighth actor to play the Caped Crusader, following Bale, George Clooney and Michael Keaton.

“We knew we needed an extraordinary actor to take on one of DC Comics’ most enduringly popular Super Heroes, and Ben Affleck certainly fits that bill, and then some,” WB president Greg Silverman said in a statement.

Directed by “Man of Steel” filmmaker Zack Snyder, the Batman-Superman feature will open worldwide on July 17, 2015, with Henry Cavill, Amy Adams and Diane Lane reprising their roles.

»variety.com/2013/film/news/ben-a···0586881/

Color me skeptical.
--
The world was movin' she was right there with it and she was

Alpha Phoenix
Premium
Brooklyn, NY

»/r0/download/1···_ani.gif

anonome

@verizon.net
reply to bionicRod

I'd categorize his selection as either daringly devilish or devilishly daring ( )... however, playing Batman is easy--it's playing Bruce Wayne that tests one's mettle. I'm optimistic about it (so, I'm not like Batman at all).

Snakeoil
Premium
Mentor, OH
reply to bionicRod

The same here. Though my wife said they anted an older, seasoned Batman. I just don't think Affleck has the "grit" for it.

Why not Statham? He has the height and the roles of the action guy down.
--
Is a person a failure for doing nothing? Or is he a failure for trying, and not succeeding at what he is attempting to do? What did you fail at today?.

animepenguin

join:2001-04-29
Arecibo, PR
reply to Snakeoil

Maybe they can put Keanu Reeves as Superman too.
--
:-P

Snakeoil
Premium
Mentor, OH

Or Val Kilmer.

SixOfNine
Brake In A Ladylike Manner.
Premium
Sterling, VA
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to Snakeoil

Maybe Batman will say "That Joker is a pissa."

And Bruce Wayne will take some aspirin for his "banger" and wash it down with some water from the "bubbler."
--
Leave the gun. Take the cannoli.

BigSensFan
Premium
join:2003-07-16
Whitby, ON
reply to Snakeoil

IIRC alot of people did not like the casting of Bale for Batman originally

I know alot of people did not like Keaton when it was announced, he was a guy known for comedy.

I will wait and see how it goes

(as to the Statham selection... he does not look the Bruce Wayne part)
--
"The hardest thing about any political campaign is how to win without proving that you are unworthy of winning." ~ Adlai E. Stevenson

ekster
Hi there
Premium
join:2010-07-16
Lachine, QC
kudos:3
Reviews:
·FreePhoneLine

said by BigSensFan:

IIRC alot of people did not like the casting of Bale for Batman originally

I know alot of people did not like Keaton when it was announced, he was a guy known for comedy.

I will wait and see how it goes

(as to the Statham selection... he does not look the Bruce Wayne part)

I'll also add the much more important and complete world-wide meltdown that became the world-ending, apocalyptic, doomsday bringing, Armageddon that followed when it was announced that Ledger was going to be Joker.

And now the guy has shrines dedicated to him as the Joker of the millennia.

Not a fan of Affleck in general, but I'll let them actually start recording the movie, finish it, edit it, and then actually release it first before passing the judgement.

Boricua
Premium
join:2002-01-26
Sacramuerto

said by ekster:

Not a fan of Affleck in general, but I'll let them actually start recording the movie, finish it, edit it, and then actually release it first before passing the judgement.

I still don't think Affleck can pull off being Wayne/Batman.
--
Illegal aliens have always been a problem in the United States. Ask any Indian. Robert Orben

bionicRod
Premium
united state

Ah come on, give him a chance!

SixOfNine
Brake In A Ladylike Manner.
Premium
Sterling, VA
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

Click for full size

juilinsandar
Texas Gooner
Premium
join:2000-07-17
San Benito, TX
reply to Snakeoil

Affleck is reportedly exercising 2 hours a day to be ready for this movie.

Snakeoil
Premium
Mentor, OH

lol. 2 hours a day. He'll need at least 5. He is a feather weight. Now someone like Dwayne Johnson, he would be ok as Batman. He has the height and the build. Though I think he is to mild mannered to do it.
Now maybe the guy that plays Alcid on True blood, he might have made a good bats.
--
Is a person a failure for doing nothing? Or is he a failure for trying, and not succeeding at what he is attempting to do? What did you fail at today?.

juilinsandar
Texas Gooner
Premium
San Benito, TX
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable

Alcid as batman is thinking outside the box.

The only thing is that he's not a household name given the fact that you and I can't remember his real name without looking it up on google. It's Joe Manganiello by the way.

Apparently Affleck IS, at least to Warner Brothers, a superstar.

Winning that oscar for argo apparently wiped away all thoughts of gigli and his other bombs from the minds of WB execs.
--
An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last. - Sir Winston Churchill

Snakeoil
Premium
Mentor, OH

I still can't see Affleck as Batman, no matter how I try. Matt Damon on the other hand, yes I could. But then we'd have a short Batman, theugh they make lifts for that issue.
--

bionicRod
Premium
united state
reply to juilinsandar

said by juilinsandar:

Alcid as batman is thinking outside the box.

The only thing is that he's not a household name given the fact that you and I can't remember his real name without looking it up on google. It's Joe Manganiello by the way.

Apparently Affleck IS, at least to Warner Brothers, a superstar.

Winning that oscar for argo apparently wiped away all thoughts of gigli and his other bombs from the minds of WB execs.

I was kind of hoping for an unknown. I mean the dude playing Supes now isn't exactly a household name. It would have been a great opportunity and created quite a bit of excitement. Affleck could do a great job, IDK, but he's not who I would have thought of when making a Batman movie.
--

juilinsandar
Texas Gooner
Premium
San Benito, TX
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
reply to Snakeoil

If the fans were to vote, there's no way that affleck would get the role.

I wonder why they couldn't get Bale. Was he asking for too much money? Did he consider himself done with the character?

Anyway, we're on this board talking about this movie that's not going to be released until 2015, and many others are talking about it on other platforms.

Maybe that's what they wanted. Controversy to stir up free publicity?
--
An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last. - Sir Winston Churchill

bionicRod
Premium
united state

said by juilinsandar:

Anyway, we're on this board talking about this movie that's not going to be released until 2015, and many others are talking about it on other platforms.

Maybe that's what they wanted. Controversy to stir up free publicity?

I think they announced it this early to give people time to get used to the idea of Affleck as Batman. Two years is a lot of time for that idea to sink in.
--

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX
kudos:3

maybe they announced it to

Engage
The Nerd rage

Then replace him before actually filming?
--
semper idem
1KTzRMxN1a2ATrtAAvbmEnMBoY3E2kHtyv

Silvanos
It's a new Silvanos experience
Premium
join:2002-10-07
Tonawanda, NY
reply to Snakeoil

I like the move, he will do good. I hope he doesn't try to talk like Bale did.
--
Any it new they in one. You here for mine you here.
-JV

Snakeoil
Premium
Mentor, OH

I just saw a BBC alrt on my phone about Luther. Now I think Idris Elba could pull off Batman.

Sure he's black, but damn, he makes Luther into a pretty imposing fella.

I'm sure he could do the same with Wayne and Bats.
--

Rook008
Miles To Go
Premium
join:2002-02-05
Far Rockaway, NY
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
·Time Warner Cable
reply to anonome

said by anonome :

... however, playing Batman is easy--it's playing Bruce Wayne that tests one's mettle.

This. And I think Affleck could pull it off. I never thought Michael Keaton would make a good Batman, and he nailed it.

And I agree with Silvanos and hope he doesn't try to talk like Bale did when he donned the cape.
--
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats." - H. L. Mencken

Alpha Phoenix
Premium
Brooklyn, NY

1 recommendation

Click for full size

My vote is for Scott Cohen as Bruce Wayne/Batman. Watching him play the character of Nico Careles on Necessary Roughness, just makes him the perfect fit in my mind. He has the height, the build, and the charisma to play Bruce Wayne, as well as that dark brooding aspect about him that's needed, and he also looks good in a suit. He's got that tall, dark, handsome and mysterious look, and the charisma needed to play Bruce Wayne.

He also knows how to handle himself, since he plays a former Navy SEAL, head of security and "fixer" on the show, so he can definitely play the Batman role just as well as he can play the Bruce Wayne role.
--
"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." - Galileo