spc
Search similar:

uniqs

houkouonchi
join:2002-07-22
Ontario, CA

houkouonchi

500/100 Package available.

Anyone going to get this? I am wondering to see if it has any upload fluff. Under small business quantum section it says 150/65 is $200/month which is about $40 cheaper without phone and 500/100 is $364 which isnt that much more than what I am paying for two business 150/65 but if anything I need more upload. Definitely curious to see what kind of upload speeds people get on the package to see if its worth-while for me to upgrade to.

It doesn't list it on the order page but I found the price in the small business section. Both residential/business only show up to 300/65 available to me but I know 500/100 should be to as I am on GPON. I am curious what the residential price is though. I am guessing $300 or cheaper.
houkouonchi

houkouonchi

LOL. Took 15 minutes on chat to find out how much it would cost on residential. It old the guy multiple times I just wanted to know how much it cost:
quote:
A Verizon Service Representative will be with you shortly. Thank you.
Agent Arron has joined. (16:33:48)
Arron : Chat ID for this session is 07211374823. (16:33:48)
Arron(16:33:48): Welcome to Verizon Online Sales Support! Thank you for choosing Verizon. I would be happy to assist you today.

For quality and security purposes, your session is recorded and may be monitored or reviewed. Please do not provide sensitive information such as social security, bank account or credit card numbers to the chat agent. May we view your selections and/or account information, including any services you subscribe to, which are displayed to your on verizon.com, so that we may assist you with respect to available Verizon products and services? Under federal law, it is your right and our duty to protect your account information. May I have your permission?
Arron(16:34:09): Hello! How may I assist you?
You(16:34:18): I was trying to find out what the cost was of your 500/100 package but it doesnt list it in options that are available to me
Arron(16:35:03): Thank you for the information.
Arron(16:35:13): Could you please provide me your full address to check the availability for you?
You(16:35:25): XXXX X. XXXX XXX., XXXXX, CA XXXXXX
Arron(16:35:55): Please give me few moments to check the availability for you.
Arron(16:36:26): I am getting two options could you please confirm the correct address?
Arron(16:36:26): XXXX X XXXXX XXX, UNIT 1, XXXXXXX, CA XXXXX.
XXXX X XXXXX XXX, XXXXXX, CA XXXXX.
You(16:36:30): I can get 300/65 so I dont see why 500/100 would not be available I am guessing your system has not been updated yet? I see on the small business page its $364.99 but I was curious about what the cost was on residential?
You(16:36:44): the unit 1 address is something VZ setup which never got setup right. its the one without the unit
Arron(16:37:35): Should you I select the Unit 1 address?
You(16:37:45): no chose the one without the unit
You(16:37:57): unit 1 doesnt even have an ONT associated with it
Arron(16:38:23): Thank you for the information.
Arron(16:39:23): The address is showing the services. Could you please confirm which services you have with Verizon?
You(16:40:13): I currently have small business FIOS internet (two connections). I am just trying to find out how much the residential 500/100 is
Arron(16:41:19): Great! let me assist you with a link to log into your account and I will navigate you to find the options.
Arron(16:41:24): WIll it be good?
You(16:41:38): I don't have residential services though
You(16:41:55): and it doesnt list it if I try to create an order for new service. Like I said I just want to know what the price for the resideitnal 500/100 package is
Arron(16:42:36): Could you please let me know are you looking to order the new services at the same address?
You(16:43:05): I have no clue if I would order it or not. I first just need to know how much it would cost. Yes it would be at this address if I did
Arron(16:45:02): As the address is already showing the services I wll not be able to check the availability for the 500/100Mbps plan. Let me assist you with a number to call and check the options.
You(16:45:26): Can you not atleast give me the cost? for anywhere?
You(16:45:34): 95% of fios markets are the same pricing
You(16:46:10): Also I dont see why it matters if I have services. I have 4 data ports on mY ONT
Arron(16:46:14): I will be able to give you the Price.
You(16:46:14): I could add additional services
You(16:46:29): I already have two 150/65 circuits right now
Arron(16:47:02): The price will be $299.99/mo. for the 500/100Mbps plan if the plans is available at your location you will be able to get it.
You(16:47:16): ok thank you. that is all I needed to know.
Arron(16:47:21): Would you like to try for the second address you have ?
You(16:47:38): that address is something VZ setup trying to migrate my dual ONT to a sub-address
You(16:47:48): which was never done properly and instead they just switched me to an ONT with 4 data ports
You(16:47:54): anyway thats all I wanted to know. thanks for the assistance.
Your session is now closed.
Welcome to Verizon Live Chat

So it was how much I expected $299.

mackey
Premium Member
join:2007-08-20

1 recommendation

mackey

Premium Member

Someone needs to make a demotivational poster

"I upgraded my internet speed to 500/100

And I STILL can't watch a SD (Youtube/Netflix) video"

/M

houkouonchi
Ontario, CA

houkouonchi

Youtube works just fine here in SoCal not that I care. Honestly its the cogent situation that is caused by netflix that bugs me more than anything (not that I use netflix) but a lot of stuff goes through cogent.

If there are no other takers I may temporarily upgarde to 500/100 just to see if there is upload fluff.

Smith6612
MVM
join:2008-02-01
North Tonawanda, NY
·Charter
Ubee EU2251
Ubiquiti UAP-IW-HD
Ubiquiti UniFi AP-AC-HD

Smith6612 to houkouonchi

MVM

to houkouonchi
Neat news. I wonder if the lower tiers are going to be boosted up now that this 500M tier is starting to show up. It'd be nice, though, if the price were a bit more in line with places like Japan, Korea, Singapore, Sweden, etc for price per megabit, though.
noebl1
join:2003-01-03
MA, USA

noebl1 to houkouonchi

to houkouonchi
Wow this literally must have just shown up, as of last week I upgraded to GPON and the 150 tier, and it wasn't there, and now it is tonight. Could barely justify the 150 tier with my wife; no way I can justify another $160 for 500, LOL.
serge87
join:2009-11-29
New York

serge87 to houkouonchi

to houkouonchi
I don't understand, you won't be able to use a 1/3 of that 500mb continuously(~150mb plan) without get the TOS book thrown at you so who would pay $300 for light usage on a 500mbps line?! Verizon logic...
RolteC
The Need for Speed
join:2001-05-20
New York, NY

RolteC to houkouonchi

to houkouonchi
Didn't a few of us say that this 500Mbit plan was coming out months ago, when we caught the 500Mbit internet sub-caption inside the leaked picture of the Verizon 6 tuner box, media server is it?

bohratom
My Jersey Giants finally winning again..
join:2011-07-07
Red Bank NJ

bohratom to houkouonchi

to houkouonchi
They probably just want to stay one step ahead of the competition now that Cablevision is offering 100mbs. Like others have said its overkill as the 50mbs+fluff is fine for my family of 4 including the kids that use it 24/7 now with school out. Of course every now and then I see the pipe is maxed out for afew mins but nothing that would require a 10x increase of the pipe. Id venture to say 99% of FIOS subscribers do not require 500/100mbs for everyday use.

Of course we all know what could tie up a pipe like that but ill just leave that for others to ponder...
Bytezboy
join:2001-05-17
New York, NY

Bytezboy to houkouonchi

to houkouonchi
They should've have made it 500mbit symmetrical instead.

mackey
Premium Member
join:2007-08-20

mackey

Premium Member

said by Bytezboy:

But if they did that they run the risk of having people actually USE it, which would destroy their "but, but, but, asymmetrical traffic!" argument against upgrading their Cogent links.

/M
McBane
join:2008-08-22
Wylie, TX

McBane to houkouonchi

to houkouonchi
If only this bumped the prices on the other speeds down

jarablue
Always be true to yourself
join:2001-06-11
Worcester, MA

jarablue to houkouonchi

to houkouonchi
I had 150 tier for a bit. It was just too much money. I would go back to it or even 300 if the price was cheaper. I just can't pay that much for internet. I would love to go back to it though if the price was lower.
silbaco
Premium Member
join:2009-08-03
USA

silbaco to Bytezboy

Premium Member

to Bytezboy
said by Bytezboy:

Offering symmetrical speeds invites too many people to abuse the service by using residential packages when they should be on business packages.

bohratom
Red Bank NJ

3 edits

bohratom to Bytezboy

to Bytezboy
said by Bytezboy:

Lets all remember that the Internet, as we know, is NOT symmetrical even within Verizons own topology. I think what you meant to say is for FIOS to offer 500/500mbs service from the customers demarcation point to their gateway...

aaronwt
Premium Member
join:2004-11-07
Woodbridge, VA
Asus RT-AX89

aaronwt to jarablue

Premium Member

to jarablue
said by jarablue:

I had 150 tier for a bit. It was just too much money. I would go back to it or even 300 if the price was cheaper. I just can't pay that much for internet. I would love to go back to it though if the price was lower.

The 150/65 tier is under $70 a month in a bundle. Although I did not see the 500/100 available in a bundle. The highest I could get in a bundle now was the 300/65 tier and they wanted $100 more than my current bundle to go from the 150/65 tier to the 300/65 tier.
Expand your moderator at work

houkouonchi
Ontario, CA

houkouonchi to bohratom

to bohratom

Re: 500/100 Package available.

GPON is asynchronous but the ratio between download/upload is 2:1 so I think they could have done better than 5:1 on this package.
RolteC
The Need for Speed
join:2001-05-20
New York, NY

RolteC

Let us know if its really 5:1 when you order it for "testing"
serge87
join:2009-11-29
New York

serge87

said by RolteC:

Let us know if its really 5:1 when you order it for "testing"

Better to get two subscribers to compare results before declaring the "fluff" since the FSC are known for screwing up upload speeds(in a good way )
tmc8080
join:2004-04-24
Brooklyn, NY

tmc8080 to houkouonchi

to houkouonchi
The wisdom of putting this out there (leak) so soon indicates a concern on Verizon's part (couldn't wait for September huh?)... most people are interested in any possible benefit from shifting the tier posts on what they currently have (price per tier) such as what happened to OOL customers getting bumped to 101 ultra for $45 (essentially a free upgrade during their current promotion time frame). This is more important to the average customer rather than bragging rights on a money is no object tier.

The $64k question is what would Verizon offer in response for current customers? How far would their 50mbit tier go in terms of a free and/or minimal charged upgrade ($5 more per month). 75, 100, 150? We all know that anything above 100 puts a service tech call on the table to upgrade bpons to gpons.

A lagging question is will Verizon beat ANY cable companies to the punch on true gigabit services (will it be GPON gigabit or docsis 3.1 that unleashes gigabit internet first)? Obviously I'm not including google fiber and other muni fiber that's already taken a limited customer base there.. let's just include the top 5 or 6 major ISPs.

The days of utilizing 10/100 Ethernet equipment are numbered to becoming obsolete and if not accelerates the timetable.. give a finer estimation on how many are left. When residential speeds are measured in gigabits, we old timers can be wistfully nostalgic on the days when dialup modems costs hundreds of dollars and delivered a pitiful amount bandwidth in comparison.

GlennLouEarl
3 brothers, 1 gone
Premium Member
join:2002-11-17
Richmond, VA

GlennLouEarl

Premium Member

Yeah, well, even though my first 1200 baud modem cost almost $500, I never felt like I was being ripped off the way I am now by Verizon. I might only have been going at 1200, but I'm not even going that fast now at those times when I wait for Verizon's routers to stop dropping packets because there's too much traffic for them to handle (Loading... Loading... Loading...).

houkouonchi
Ontario, CA

houkouonchi

Not sure if its true or not or my SOHO ONT causing issues yet again but when I called to possibly upgrade I was told that 500/100 was available in certain area's only and that I couldn't upgrade to it, my max speed available was 300/65.

HarleyYac
Lee
Premium Member
join:2001-10-13
Allendale, NJ

HarleyYac to houkouonchi

Premium Member

to houkouonchi
BPon here in my CO... not happening..
SilentMan
join:2002-07-15
New York, NY

SilentMan to houkouonchi

to houkouonchi
The 500/100 package would only be good to people who want to download tons of Blu-ray ISOs and if the source could upload at that speed; otherwise it is a waste of money.

houkouonchi
Ontario, CA

1 edit

houkouonchi

Apparently there is an issue with OLT capacity in certain areas which is why I can't get it.

I was probably not going to keep it anyway but was mainly interested in testing it so no huge loss here.

So I guess I won't be able to be the test case. Sorry guys!
Grover8
join:2012-01-06
Fresh Meadows, NY

Grover8 to houkouonchi

to houkouonchi
Not available in Fresh Meadows yet. So it's a technical issue at the CO for the package. Hm.... Great Neck....Fresh Meadows....Don't they share the same CO?

bohratom
Red Bank NJ

1 edit

bohratom to HarleyYac

to HarleyYac
said by HarleyYac:

BPon here in my CO... not happening..

Yeah Im in the same boat as you being served from VHO7 in Freehold. Freehold was one of the first FIOS footprints so I'm really surprised they have not yet augmented their BPON with GPON at the CO. Maybe nycdave or other FIOS employees could enlighten (get it, light us up) us...
kenwvt
join:2011-05-18
Chelmsford, MA

kenwvt to houkouonchi

to houkouonchi
This is why we don't get any more HD channels, they keep bonding channels for useless internet. No one needs 300 let alone 500....ridiculous...FioS can't even provide a decent router with N speed without having to pay extra for it.

-Ken

nycdave
MVM
join:1999-11-16
Melville, NY

nycdave

MVM

You obviously don't understand the FiOS architecture if you think FiOS internet uses bonded QAM channels...