spc
Search similar:

uniqs

thedude
@comcast.net

thedude

Anon

[Speed] Houston Texas Speeds

Was just curious if anyone in the Houston / Northwest Houston area has had speed issues the past couple of days.

I have the blast package and normally get between 50-60Mbps down and 10Mbps up. However just recently while doing speed tests and downloading test files from various sites, I've noticed I don't seem to get above 15Mbps or so. Doing speedtests off the comcast site in Houston will get me speeds of 12-25Mbps, and once I go outside of the houston area and speedtest say to Dallas, Memphis, Nashville, Atlanta, I'm in the 5-11Mbps speed range. However, Upload is always constant at the 10-11Mbps range.

Had a tech come out today but he said all the signals are fine, he swapped my modem anyway to a cisco DPC3008, but still getting the same speeds.

Just curious if anyone else is having the same issue.

P.s. Yes I have connected directly to the modem and bypassed my firewalls and wireless equipment.
lethcoeb
join:2003-07-15
Houston, TX

lethcoeb

Yes - in Houston (West U) and I have experienced some hiccups of late.

Usually corrected by power cycling modem. Power levels and SNR have been ok last couple of days and have had fewer timeouts and partial service fallbacks since the 19th.