spc
Search similar:

uniqs
arcadius
join:2013-07-17
N2A 0A6

1 recommendation

arcadius

Why is it now 7 days and my new modem is not provisioned??

So I decided to upgrade to the 150/10 service. Called and placed the order and paid for a new modem. I waited for the modem to arrive via Canada Post. Once the modem arrived I called TSI. They said wait for the current one to stop working and then plug in the new one, and you should be good to go. That was on a last Tuesday. I got home Wednesday to a voice message from TSI saying please call us, we didn't get all the information from you that we should have. I offered the S/N and MAC addr from the new modem, the girl said she didn't need it. So I wait on hold for 25 mins and go through the whole thing again. This time, however, the proper information was asked for and given. But I was told it would yet ANOTHER 24 - 48 hrs. Basically the clock was starting over again due to no fault of my own. So that was last Wed evening. Thursday afternoon the old modem went offline. I plugged in the new one but had no Internet access. I had to leave to go out of town for a few days so I couldn't really troubleshoot it. But my wife had an evening with no Internet access.

So I arrive back home yesterday ( Sunday), still no web access. All I am getting is a 10.x.y.z address. This would indicate a modem that is not provisioned I would guess. So I call up TSI, sit on hold for 45 min!! this time. To be treated to, uhm, ya..that modem is not provisioned yet. The ticket is still open with Rogers I am told and that all I can do is continue to wait...another 24 - 48 hours. So here I sit. A week now, and no one has managed to provision my new modem properly. And now I have no Internet at all, haven't had it since last Thursday afternoon.

I'm starting to think this scenario is a good case for why someone might want to leave TSI and go back to Rogers. All I get from TSI folks on the phone is shoulder shrugging and saying all you can do is wait...

I have been a TSI customer for a couple of years and have never had a problem. I wish I had never tried to upgrade my speeds. This is getting ridiculous.

TSI Marc
Premium Member
join:2006-06-23
Chatham, ON

TSI Marc

Premium Member

really sorry to hear this. it's also possible that you have RF issues though. are you able to post the signal levels you are getting? I noticed from your postal code that you're in Kitchener.. there are known problem in Kitchener at the moment. see these threads:

»[Outages] Outage Report July 20th 2013 @ 5:20PM
»[rCable] RF problems lately

I'm just wondering out loud if perhaps you aren't caught in the middle of two different problems.
arcadius
N2A 0A6

arcadius

I wouldn't be able to do anything until I get home today after work. How would I determine my signal levels?

TSI Marc
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

TSI Marc

Premium Member

do you know how to get into the web interface of your modem? in there there's a screen that will show you the stats... if not I can get you somebody to help you with this.
arcadius
N2A 0A6

arcadius

I assume I would just browse to whatever IP my modem has from a connected PC? For example, I had a 10.69.205.3/25 addr on my laptop and my gateway was 10.69.205.1. The only thing in my arp cache, also, was 10.69.205.1 So I assume I would just open a web page to .1 ?

TSI Marc
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

TSI Marc

Premium Member

you have the right idea.. give it a try and if not we'll get you some help. I'll get Andre's team to follow with you either way.
arcadius
N2A 0A6

arcadius

Thank-you. I will check this when I get home today...assuming of course I still have no web access.

HiVolt
Premium Member
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON

1 recommendation

HiVolt to arcadius

Premium Member

to arcadius
The modem web interface IP should be 192.168.100.1, regardless if it assigns a 10.x walled garden IP.

TSI Andre
Premium Member
join:2008-06-03
Chatham, ON

TSI Andre to arcadius

Premium Member

to arcadius
Hi arcadius,

Can you please PM me your account details so we can push for a resolution ASAP to your issue.

Thanks,

Andre
TSI Andre

TSI Andre to arcadius

Premium Member

to arcadius
Hi Arcadius,

Thanks for the PM.

Here is what I found:

On 7/10/2013 you were advised to call in once you got the modem so we can push the swap. On 7/16/2013 you called in and spoke to a newer agent which posted a note on your account and set it as a ticket to swap the modem. Our new agents don't have the ability to push their own tickets fully as we like to filter them to make sure they are doing it right. Later that night, one of our seniors noticed that he had done the incorrect procedure so he logged the error for coaching and then placed the proper order to get things going.

On 7/18/2013, we pushed the info to Rogers (we are a little delayed so we lost a day). Since then, we have not heard back from Rogers.

I have asked one of our senior escalations staff to push your ticket to Rogers as a first tier escalation to get the ball rolling and I have asked to be CC'ed on it. I will follow-up on it and make sure its escalated when it can be and also that I provide you with timely updates. Once this is done, we will be able to push the upgrade order.

I am really sorry about all of this.

Can you confirm if the old modem still works for the time being?

Andre
lboyin
join:2013-07-22
Markham, ON

lboyin

I'm running into the same exact issue.

July 8th: I called in to submit my new modem's MAC

A week gone by, new modem still not provisioned, but old modem worked.

July 15: Old modem stopped working in the evening, no go on new modem. Called in and I was took to wait.

July 17: Still no internet, called in and I was told the ticket for provision is completed. Later we found out the wrong MAC was submitted to Rogers, and it has to be submitted again. Another 48 hours wait.

July 19: Still no internet. Told me Rogers is behind because of the power outages.

July 20: Still nothing. Called in again and I was told the ticket was completed, but I'm not getting any connection because my area is down.

July 21: Still nothing. Another call, this time they told me the last ticket was not submitted properly(don't even know what that mean), and they have to yet again resubmit the provision request!!

Andre, can you help me out here and make sure it is done properly this time, and quickly please

TSI Andre
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

TSI Andre

Premium Member

I was just going to ask you for your Account info but just got your PM. I will be looking into this shortly.

HiVolt
Premium Member
Toronto, ON

HiVolt

Premium Member

All the more reason to push Rogers to develop a portal for modem provisioning... It would avoid this comedy of errors on both sides.

TSI Andre
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

TSI Andre

Premium Member

said by TSI Andre:

Hi Arcadius,

Thanks for the PM.

Here is what I found:

On 7/10/2013 you were advised to call in once you got the modem so we can push the swap. On 7/16/2013 you called in and spoke to a newer agent which posted a note on your account and set it as a ticket to swap the modem. Our new agents don't have the ability to push their own tickets fully as we like to filter them to make sure they are doing it right. Later that night, one of our seniors noticed that he had done the incorrect procedure so he logged the error for coaching and then placed the proper order to get things going.

On 7/18/2013, we pushed the info to Rogers (we are a little delayed so we lost a day). Since then, we have not heard back from Rogers.

I have asked one of our senior escalations staff to push your ticket to Rogers as a first tier escalation to get the ball rolling and I have asked to be CC'ed on it. I will follow-up on it and make sure its escalated when it can be and also that I provide you with timely updates. Once this is done, we will be able to push the upgrade order.

I am really sorry about all of this.

Can you confirm if the old modem still works for the time being?

Andre

I will be checking at 4pm for an update.
arcadius
N2A 0A6

arcadius to TSI Andre

to TSI Andre
Hi Andre, thanks for looking into this for me. It is very helpful to get this kind of service here at this forum. It is miles ahead of the phone based experience. So I appreciate that.

I cannot confirm absolutely right now from work if the old modem works, but I assume not as it dropped off the map sometime last Thursday morning. So I'm assuming it is still not use able.

Regards

TSI Andre
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

TSI Andre to lboyin

Premium Member

to lboyin
Looks like your issue is slightly different in the sense that we pushed the wrong info twice... Once caused by human error (making sure they get coaching) and the other by a glitch the agent didn't pay attention to.

I have someone taking a look at the account to make sure its on the right track and that we escalate when we can. I will follow-up on your ticket as well.
TSI Andre

TSI Andre to arcadius

Premium Member

to arcadius
Nothing Yet. I will be checking first thing tomorrow for an update.
TSI Andre

TSI Andre to lboyin

Premium Member

to lboyin
Nothing on yours either. I will check first thing tomorrow.

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium Member
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in

elwoodblues to HiVolt

Premium Member

to HiVolt
said by HiVolt:

All the more reason to push Rogers to develop a portal for modem provisioning... It would avoid this comedy of errors on both sides.

Good luck with that.
lboyin
join:2013-07-22
Markham, ON

lboyin to TSI Andre

to TSI Andre
Thank You very much, Andre, for the speedy replies

HiVolt
Premium Member
Toronto, ON

HiVolt to elwoodblues

Premium Member

to elwoodblues
said by elwoodblues:

said by HiVolt:

Good luck with that.

I'm sure it'll have to be during the next round of tariffs, but it has to be done. it's a freakin joke, and with the amount of customers the independent TPIA's have now, its freakin ridiculous to send email tickets for simple modem provisioning.
arcadius
N2A 0A6

2 edits

arcadius to TSI Marc

to TSI Marc
Click for full size
Click for full size
Click for full size
This post should have attached 3 screen shots from my modem just now. I can't seem to paste them directly into my post..maybe it's my browser, dunno.

EDIT: I guess I can't upload the png files either for some reason...

EDIT2: Seems IE is more forum friendly here than Chrome...
arcadius

arcadius to TSI Andre

to TSI Andre
Old modem is, in fact, working right now. I guess when I saw it go offline last Thursday and swapped it out that it was just coincidental with some sort of outage? So as soon as it goes offline again, I will swap in the new modem again...

TSI Marc
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

TSI Marc

Premium Member

Those modem stats look fairly good

TSI Andre
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

TSI Andre to arcadius

Premium Member

to arcadius
At least it works. Ill still push for an update though.
arcadius
N2A 0A6

arcadius

Yes please. I signed up for the speed increase and am eager to start using those speeds. When does the billing for my new subscription begin?

TSI Andre
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

TSI Andre

Premium Member

It will start once the service speed is increased.

I checked for an update and nothing as of yet. We can escalate things to the next tier early afternoon. I will check again for an update at 11am and go from there.

Cheers,

Andre
TSI Andre

TSI Andre to lboyin

Premium Member

to lboyin
No update on yours just yet. Yours cant be escalated (according to Rogers process) until tonight but I will also check at 11am and go from there.

Cheers,

Andre

TSI Andy
Premium Member
join:2012-11-22
Chatham, ON

TSI Andy to arcadius

Premium Member

to arcadius
I have followed up with this for Andre, he is currently in a meeting and was unable to do so personally. We do not have a response as of yet but it has been escalated so this should put a fire behind it.

Sorry for the wait, we will keep checking up on it.

Martin
TSI Andy

TSI Andy to lboyin

Premium Member

to lboyin
said by lboyin:

Thank You very much, Andre, for the speedy replies

I have followed up with this for Andre as he is currently in a meeting and unable to do so. We do not have a update as of yet but we will continue to monitor and notify you accordingly.

Martin