TypeS

join:2012-12-17
London, ON
kudos:1
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable

said by Grump:

What happened to Woodstock?

Woodstock was already upgraded on the 8th, it got swapped with Greensboro.

TwiztedZero
Nine Zero Burp Nine Six
Premium
join:2011-03-31
Toronto, ON
kudos:5
reply to Grump

said by Grump:

What happened to Woodstock?

Grump

join:2012-11-07
London, ON
reply to TypeS

said by TypeS:

Woodstock was already upgraded on the 8th, it got swapped with Greensboro.

Thanks TypeS, I must have missed that. Was just inquiring for a friend.

HaRd_Kick

join:2011-03-29
reply to TSI Marc

I browsed the Teksavvy website yesterday and to my surprise, the rates had been updated for London which was scheduled to go in effect on the 22nd (today). I requested a tier change through MyWorld (grandfathered 28/1 to 25/2) and was wondering how quick (or how slow - knock on wood) it took for your services to be adopted - for those of you who applied through MyWorld (yes I do realize it could take up to 15 days). It would've been nice to have been informed with a confirmation email to indicate that the transaction had gone through and was received. But its absence makes me feel slightly iffy - I sent the form twice to make sure.

TypeS

join:2012-12-17
London, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable

I got this e-mail after I put in a request (I did mine through the direct support forums)

quote:
TekSavvy Solutions Inc.

Thank you for choosing TekSavvy for your service needs!
We have received your change of service request and it has been processed.
Please note that changes can take up to 72 hours to complete.
If you need to make any other changes or are in need of Technical Support please contact us at 1-877-779-1575

TwiztedZero
Nine Zero Burp Nine Six
Premium
Toronto, ON

1 edit

LoL, I put in my request via MyWorld on a Sunday morning, then by the following thurs it activated... though I didn't get the e-mail thingy until just about a week later. Still waiting for my July invoice though.
Its been nice n snappy 45/4

HaRd_Kick

join:2011-03-29

Very nice! Thursday will be my benchmark. Did the new speeds kick in unsupervised? Or did you require a modem reboot? Thanks.

KPaul

join:2007-02-08
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
·Rogers Hi-Speed
reply to TSI Marc

Nah, you need to supervise them. Sometimes they get a little rowdy, pushing and kicking, then seeing how far that goes, biting. Just keep on eye on it, and they'll be fine. (yes reboot)
--
I hate rogers and their CRAP tech. support... But, MAJOR kudos to the TekSavvy team!

TwiztedZero
Nine Zero Burp Nine Six
Premium
Toronto, ON
reply to HaRd_Kick

CMTS did all the rebooting n stuff after it pushed the new tftp config to the modem. Didn't have to do a thing on my end.

ommand

join:2013-07-19
canada
reply to TSI Marc

I sent in my upgrade request on friday (for london), how long should I expect the process to take?

KPaul

It started today, should be a few days more

mikee

join:2012-12-21
Gloucester, ON
reply to TSI Marc

One. Week. Left. So close yet so far. -.o

Tekkkkk

@teksavvy.com
reply to TSI Marc

do we have to submit a request to be 'upgraded' or is it automatic?

Id like to know if the existing clients would be bumped up to the faster/same cost service. Thanks

Madwand

join:2002-12-03
Toronto, ON
reply to ommand

said by ommand:

I sent in my upgrade request on friday (for london), how long should I expect the process to take?

Too long. Here are my dates:
Ordered Friday, July 12th in the evening via MyWorld portal (I figured I'd be helping Teksavvy out by not calling in or using direct forum to upgrade to 45/4).

Bloor converted Monday, July 15th.

Thursday, July 18th Teksavvy confirmed my order at 8AM

I'm still waiting... By Wednesday morning I should be able to escalate this through Teksavvy should my service still be at 28/1.

KPaul

Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
·Rogers Hi-Speed

Or my experience so far.

Ordered via the direct forum, and again on myworld on the 19th. Got a call from TSI about a failed request due to an old modem on my account (got this call at 11am on the 22nd. Same day London went live.) Got an email 15 minutes later saying the following.

"TekSavvy Solutions Inc.

Thank you for choosing TekSavvy for your Internet needs!
Your change of service request has been received and has been processed.
If you need to make any other changes, please contact our customer service department at 1-877-779-1575
For 24/7 technical support please call 1-877-357-2889."

Seems like things be moving quick yo
--
I hate rogers and their CRAP tech. support... But, MAJOR kudos to the TekSavvy team!

TwiztedZero
Nine Zero Burp Nine Six
Premium
Toronto, ON
reply to Tekkkkk

said by Tekkkkk :

do we have to submit a request to be 'upgraded' or is it automatic?

Id like to know if the existing clients would be bumped up to the faster/same cost service. Thanks

See: Details and yes you have to put in your request to get moved to a new tier.

Dotard

join:2013-03-23
reply to TSI Marc

Can anyone tell me what poi i'm currently connected to? I was on bloor3 at one point hoping to upgrade with the migration, but as the migration happened my trace now shows up as follows. I would like to know so I can attempt to upgrade my plan at the respective time. I'm really look forward to those upload speeds. NB: I'm in the east york area, which seems to show costumers consistently on the bloor.

>tracert google.com
1 1 ms 1 ms 1 ms 192.168.1.1
2 8 ms 7 ms 7 ms 10.124.45.129
3 11 ms 15 ms 11 ms gi-1-0-0.cmts08.wlfdle.phub.net.cable.rogers.com
[66.185.90.169]
4 13 ms 35 ms 23 ms 69.63.252.230
5 10 ms 9 ms 9 ms 69.196.136.36
6 11 ms 11 ms 11 ms 72.14.212.134
7 11 ms 11 ms 15 ms 216.239.47.114
8 10 ms 11 ms 12 ms 209.85.250.207
9 11 ms 11 ms 13 ms yyz08s13-in-f6.1e100.net [74.125.226.102]

Azmodan012

join:2013-05-10
Chatham, ON
kudos:2
reply to TSI Marc

Humm wolfdale?

tedrampart

join:2011-12-13
London, ON
reply to TSI Marc

Cool.. I put in my request for change earlier tonight. Hopefully all the remaining upgrades go smoothly!

TLS2000
Crazy Canuck
Premium
join:2004-02-24
Mississauga, ON
reply to Dotard

I'm not sure which POI you're connected to, but you're not connected to Wolfedale if you're in East York.
--
Tom

zhaolong

join:2011-01-15
reply to Madwand

I also ordered Fri night Jul 12 to upgrade to 35/3 but no confirmation of any sort fr TSI so far. I'm on Bloor POI.

Madwand

join:2002-12-03
Toronto, ON

said by zhaolong:

I also ordered Fri night Jul 12 to upgrade to 35/3 but no confirmation of any sort fr TSI so far. I'm on Bloor POI.

Have you checked your spam filter?

ommand

join:2013-07-19
canada
reply to KPaul

My request went in on friday as well (via myworld) and I haven't heard anything whatsoever.

TSI Andre
Got TekSavvy?
Premium,VIP
join:2008-06-03
Chatham, ON
kudos:24
reply to TSI Marc

Hey guys,

If you post in the Direct Forum with your account info, we can take a peek where things are at.

Cheers,

Andre

tommyv2

join:2007-06-03
London, ON
reply to TSI Marc

Anyone got their higher tier working in London yet? I requested mine in TekSavvy World on Friday. I've seen new config downloads in the modem logs but no speed change yet. Tried rebooting the modem as well, no dice.

deal1

join:2010-12-27
Mississauga
reply to TSI Andre

said by TSI Andre:

Hey guys,

If you post in the Direct Forum with your account info, we can take a peek where things are at.

Cheers,

Andre

I'm surprised it takes a human to process a request like that submitted via MyWorld. That outstanding, do you not have access to live queries that show all the requests that have are in the queue and how long they have been in a non-completed status?

Would some creative automation reduce your requirement for so many new hires. Too many requests seem to fall through cracks and left up to the customer to reactivate.

Are you hiring?

billco

join:2011-02-11
Ottawa, ON
reply to TSI Marc

3 more weeks until Richmond Rd... maaaaannn why don't you just FedEx me the parts and I'll go upgrade it myself. I neeeeeed my fix man

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
join:2006-06-23
Chatham, ON
kudos:28

LOL.. I'll have to go back to the future and get a flux capacitor. that's a key part to it. it's totally why it's taking so long.
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy