uniqs
share rss forum feed

G00SE
Premium
join:2003-03-07
Conroe, TX
Reviews:
·Suddenlink

[DISH] Hopper External Connections...Question..

I'm hardly trying to do anything illegal here, but, I did have a 722 & 612 before we upgraded to a Hopper system (Hoppers in living room and master bedroom, Joeys on patio and back bedroom); on the TV on the patio, I had used one of the outputs of the 612, but I also had a connector that went to the back bedroom TV off the 722 right beside this output; I could hook up the 722 with no problem.
Simple question is this: We hardly watch the TV in the master bedroom, and the patio TV isn't that critical, so, could a
second connection from the living room Hopper be used for the patio TV (HDMI is used on the TV where the Hopper is located), as there is also a std RCA connection available. I could save almost 20 bucks by getting rid of a Hopper and a Joey.

Hall
Premium,MVM
join:2000-04-28
Germantown, OH
kudos:2
Yes and there's nothing illegal about it. You will be limited in being able to watch something different on those other TVs just in case other TVs are being used.

You have (4) TVs - how many Hoppers and Joeys do you have, two of each ? If so, that's way too many. Based on what you say about your viewing habits, you would probably be okay with (1) Hopper and (1) Joey. The Hopper has (3) tuners.

G00SE
Premium
join:2003-03-07
Conroe, TX
Reviews:
·Suddenlink
Yes, 2 Hoppers, 2 Joeys. The patio TV is almost always watched only when no one's watching the "main" TV in the living room (Hopper), and the Hopper in the main bedroom is only used to record 'Prime Time' shows my wife watches. I'm sure we could drop to 1 Hopper and 1 Joey and be fine, as the bedroom TV is seldom if ever used except as a night light ...It could mirror the back bedroom TV & the patio TV could mirror the living room TV. I was checking into splitters, length of HDMI cables, etc, etc...., and I don't think it would be that expensive if I even had to buy anything; I probably have most of the cabling needed already.