Rogers Internet Price Increase - August 2013
»communityforums.rogers.com/t5/fo···id/11807
not again.... to bad i don't have rogers internet
bell/acn + vmedia

elitefx

join:2011-02-14
London, ON
kudos:2

Well, Rogers lost over 25,000 cable subscribers in the first quarter this year. They might as well bankrupt their internet services while they're at it. They'll be bleeding broadband customers like water through a paper bag if they implement ANY more price hikes this year...........

MJB

join:2012-01-29

1 recommendation

death would be good for rogers... move everyone to teksavvy and tpia.... then teksavvy can buy rogers..... just got to balance those expenses...

yyzlhr

join:2012-09-03
Scarborough, ON

said by MJB:

then teksavvy can buy rogers..... just got to balance those expenses...

LMAO

elitefx

London, ON

said by yyzlhr:

LMAO

Well, you never know. You can't keep running your best business assets (customers) into the ground and expect to still be in the game for the long term........

yyzlhr

Scarborough, ON

said by elitefx:

said by yyzlhr:

LMAO

Well, you never know. You can't keep running your best business assets (customers) into the ground and expect to still be in the game for the long term........

I think it's fairly obvious that Rogers customers don't choose to be customers due to price. Rogers continues to increase their internet customer base every quarter despite increasing their rates multiple times in one year.

Also if Rogers goes out of business, TPIA cable goes out the window too, and I highly doubt all the TPIAs combined would have enough cash to buy acquire all of Rogers assets. Hence why I thought the notion of Teksavvy buying Rogers to be quite hilarious.

OntarioTL

join:2013-03-05
London, ON
reply to MJB

I am so glad I made the switch to Start.ca a few months ago. Will never look back. Hell they adjusted prices just not too long ago and surprisingly it went down 10 bucks a month for a change.

I can understand if you have to be stuck with rogers, but if any chance to jump ship I wouldn't hesitate. Stop paying them so they can afford sports teams like the Leafs or Blue Jays.

Mashiki
Balking The Enemy's Plans

join:2002-02-04
Woodstock, ON
kudos:1
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
·Rogers Hi-Speed
·Bright House

1 recommendation

reply to yyzlhr

said by yyzlhr:

Also if Rogers goes out of business, TPIA cable goes out the window too, and I highly doubt all the TPIAs combined would have enough cash to buy acquire all of Rogers assets. Hence why I thought the notion of Teksavvy buying Rogers to be quite hilarious.

Actually you might see the government step in and buy it, then lease the lines out. Very similar to what you see in parts of Japan and S.Korea. I've personally believed that the net infastructure should be owned under a crown corporation, ISP's via the customers pay in for maintenance/upgrades. And the repairs/upgrades are done by a 3rd party who's audited to ensure they're not sucking muck at the trough and trying to screw everyone out of money.
--
The Art of War
"Excessive law is no law." - Cicero
The man who fed the world

newtekuser

@teksavvy.com
reply to MJB

said by MJB:

death would be good for rogers... move everyone to teksavvy and tpia.... then teksavvy can buy rogers..... just got to balance those expenses...

If Rogers goes down so does TS. TS is using Rogers infrastructure and they don't have money to create a new one.
Rogers is never going down anytime soon. In my area I cant even get Bell. So Rogers is the only option.

elitefx

London, ON

1 recommendation

said by newtekuser :

Rogers is never going down anytime soon.

And that's what they said about Nortel. Worldwide Canadian telephone/tech manufacturing giant. Billions in global patents. 100,000 employees. Mismanaged to the end. Barely remembered by today's generation.

arahman56

join:2011-08-11
Etobicoke, ON

Was Nortel the only option for many people in their field though?

As long as Rogers/Bell keeps being the only option (TPIAs not counted, as they need to get the lines from Rogers/Bell), they can keep jacking up the prices without any worry.

yyzlhr

Scarborough, ON
reply to elitefx

said by elitefx:

said by newtekuser :

Rogers is never going down anytime soon.

And that's what they said about Nortel. Worldwide Canadian telephone/tech manufacturing giant. Billions in global patents. 100,000 employees. Mismanaged to the end. Barely remembered by today's generation.

Rogers is not mismanaged, they're making billions each year and their shareholders are quite happy. Nortel was quite the opposite.

newtekuser

@teksavvy.com
reply to yyzlhr

said by yyzlhr:

said by elitefx:

said by yyzlhr:

LMAO

I think it's fairly obvious that Rogers customers don't choose to be customers due to price. Rogers continues to increase their internet customer base every quarter despite increasing their rates multiple times in one year.

Well said. Rogers is still pretty good in Toronto even if TS fanaboys say.
If Rogers goes down then TS is bankrupt. The foundation is all Rogers and TS is just leeching.
As much as TS wont like this this is the truth.

Anzio

join:2008-11-22
Innisfil, ON
Reviews:
·Start Communicat..

said by newtekuser :

Well said. Rogers is still pretty good in Toronto even if TS fanaboys say.
If Rogers goes down then TS is bankrupt. The foundation is all Rogers and TS is just leeching.
As much as TS wont like this this is the truth.

This.

newtekuser

@teksavvy.com
reply to arahman56

said by arahman56:

Was Nortel the only option for many people in their field though?

As long as Rogers/Bell keeps being the only option (TPIAs not counted, as they need to get the lines from Rogers/Bell), they can keep jacking up the prices without any worry.

The Best would be ask TS to have their own infrastructure and see what happens.
Once that is done we don't care what happens to Rogers or even Bell.
This is not Asian country where most people are in small area compared to Canada and US. And yes the population here.
Let TS pay for all the cabling like Rogers did and then TS can dictate the prices.

dillyhammer
START me up
Premium,MVM
join:2010-01-09
Scarborough, ON
kudos:10
Reviews:
·Start Communicat..

said by newtekuser :

Let TS pay for all the cabling like Rogers did and then TS can dictate the prices.

[/BROKENRECORD]

Mike

elitefx

London, ON
reply to MJB

Just saw the new Rogers internet price list over in the Tek forum. Nasty nasty business. »[Cable] Rogers Customers Fubared Again Thank God For Teksavvy!

UserX

@atrianetworks.net
reply to MJB

This all looks fishy.

the original posting was moved and some links are broken.

The prices shown on the TS forums have lower prices for some unlimited and ultimate packages...

I would certainly be glad to save $17 a month instead of getting a $3 per month increase.

J E F F
Whatta Ya Think About Dat?
Premium
join:2004-04-01
Kitchener, ON
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Rogers Portable ..
reply to elitefx

Nortel and Rogers are two totally different companies. A better comparison is to compare Nortel to Nokia or BlackBerry and compare Rogers to Bell or Time Warner.
--
If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. - Albert Einstein

elitefx

London, ON
reply to MJB

Rogers profit rises to $497M

»www.cbc.ca/news/business/story/2···ngs.html

Ian
Premium
join:2002-06-18
ON

said by elitefx:

Rogers profit rises to $497M

»www.cbc.ca/news/business/story/2···ngs.html

No kidding. Was wondering where all this "if Rogers goes down" nonsense was coming from. Rogers is making money hand over fist with their monopoly/duopoly positions. The only thing to seriously impair that is real, honest, competition. And that's something that they fight tooth and nail against.
--
“Any claim that the root of a problem is simple should be treated the same as a claim that the root of a problem is Bigfoot. Simplicity and Bigfoot are found in the real world with about the same frequency.” – David Wong

Hooter

join:2009-08-17
Scarborough, ON

Agreed - we need more competition. Perhaps chairman Nadir is worried about his $18.5 million buy-out and is therefore fighting the competition!

MJB

join:2012-01-29
Reviews:
·VMedia
·ACN DSL

rogers and all the big telecom are owned by goldman sachs.. google fiber isn't likely to arrive in canada cause of lobbyist's protecting their area of business.... i see google trying to get aggressive with getting into the telecom business... they own most of internet in their data centers... so yes rogers and the others are scared as ****