spc

spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

SlinkkyD6

@shawcable.net

[BC] shaw bb50 node congestion? (Maple Ridge 240th)

for about the past month and a half i have been getting random ping spikes (mostly during the evening from 6pm-11pm and rarely during the day though not as bad) and low download speed (upload is fine though). I have had no problem with my service i have been receiving for the past maybe about 2 years

things i have tried before deciding it might be a node issue
- reinstalling windows/update drivers on my 2 computers/different network cards
- switching out different routers/ rebooting modem and router (currently not using a router)
- i thought it might be some kinda interference but the constant speed drop at 6-11pm makes me believe otherwise.

if this is a node congestion what can i do/say to shaw to get this issue fixed?

This really sucks for me being a gamer. should i just switch isp's?

bucko2012

@sasknet.sk.ca
switch to telus or novus, better gaming and low spikes and faster speed.

kevinds
Premium
join:2003-05-01
Calgary, AB
kudos:3
Reviews:
·Shaw
reply to SlinkkyD6
That sounds like congestion, or maybe wireless interference if your neighbors are also a lot more busy with their wireless during that time (didn't see if you are using wired or wireless).

if this is a node congestion what can i do/say to shaw to get this issue fixed?

Call Shaw and complain of slow speeds, get service calls booked (if they want a service call) for as late in the evening as you can.

If your issue is only between 6pm-11pm a service call at 11am isn't going to help.
--
Yes, I am not employed and looking for IT work. Have passport, will travel.

SlinkkyD6

@shawcable.net
using wireless. My upload speed is never affected only download speed i drop from 50mbps to as low as around 2-4mbps there's no reason for my upload speed to be higher then my download speed lol

FraserValley

@shawcable.net
reply to SlinkkyD6
Shaw seems to be neglecting upgrades on the outer fringes of the Fraser Valley.

I have Shaw 25 at a house in Mission and one in Surrey in the Cloverdale area. I get worse congestion/slowdown issues at Mission during peak periods than Surrey.

(3 connections to Astraweb normally saturates the connection, however at peak periods it slows down to 400-800kB/s and I have to up the connections to ~20 to saturate it again. In Surrey peak periods same 3 connections slows down to only about 1500kB/s. Not a very scientific test/proof) Also, I definitely notice more hiccups/stalling when watching 1080p youtube clips during peak period in Mission than Surrey.

kevinds
Premium
join:2003-05-01
Calgary, AB
kudos:3
Reviews:
·Shaw
reply to SlinkkyD6
Try a wired connection, see if that makes a difference.

Maybe it will, maybe it won't, but worth a try
--
Yes, I am not employed and looking for IT work. Have passport, will travel.