uniqs
share rss forum feed

pike
Premium,MVM
join:2001-02-01
Washington, DC
kudos:3

Double your money back?

Early last month I cancelled my Comcast internet service because I no longer need it at home (have free Wifi now). I had already paid for the month of June, so come July 9th, Comcast dutifully sent my a pro-rated refund check for the portion of the month I had not used. I promptly deposited the check. This weekend, I had an envelope in my mailbox with the return address of "Comcast Accounts Receivable". I immediately groaned, knowing for sure they were going to try to say I hadn't returned their equipment and I would need to start digging for the receipt. Imagine my surprise when I opened the letter and found.. another refund check for the same exact dollar amount. Stupid Comcast.

Obviously I'm not entitled to this second refund, what do you think I should do with it? It's only about $25. I'm not concerned enough to deal with their abysmal telephone support...

graysonf
Premium,MVM
join:1999-07-16
Fort Lauderdale, FL
kudos:2
You have two easy choices. Either destroy the check or cash it.

pike
Premium,MVM
join:2001-02-01
Washington, DC
kudos:3
Thanks Capt. Obvious . I already noted I wasn't interested in keeping money that I'm not entitled to. I guess I was hoping for a more creative response from the collective wit of the forums.

graysonf
Premium,MVM
join:1999-07-16
Fort Lauderdale, FL
kudos:2

1 recommendation

So tear up the check and be done with it. This isn't rocket science.

Johkal
Cool Cat
Premium,MVM
join:2002-11-13
Happy Valley
kudos:10
reply to pike
I wouldn't destroy it. The check would still be on record being issued to you. Go to the Comcast office & try to get it resolved.