spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

DirtDigger

@sbcglobal.net

[Help Me] Di-604: can't stealth ports 445, 135

I have a Di-604 w/the latest firmware (I think), which is 3.53 , Wed, 18 Apr 2007. I have successfully used virtual server to forward any WAN requests on port 113 to an unused IP address on the internal LAN. When I try to do this w/ports 445 or 135, TCP protocol the ports are closed according to Shields UP, instead of being stealthed. I tried shutting down all computers and the router then powering them all off and then bringing up the Di-604 first. No soap.

BimmerE38FN

join:2002-09-15
Boise, ID
kudos:1
Reviews:
·CableOne
This might be past any thing that can be fixed as this would be a FW issue.

Curious why your having VS point to a unused IP address for 113?

Your router is out of date and probably doesn't have the newer security patches that newer routers have. If this is a security concern for you, I recommend getting into something new, like a DIR-645, 655 or 636L.

hairspring

join:2007-11-23
Oakville, ON
reply to DirtDigger
Could this be a uPnP issue? Can you turn uPnP off on the DI-604 and see what happens?

DirtDigger

@sbcglobal.net
uPnP is turned off on the Di-604. I just don't understand why it will stealth port 113, but not 445 and 135.

ISP_Filter

@comcast.net
said by DirtDigger :

uPnP is turned off on the Di-604. I just don't understand why it will stealth port 113, but not 445 and 135.

There is a very good possibility that your ISP (or your ISP's "modem") is filtering ports 445 and 135, and that is why you can't get the D-Link router to read stealth for an on-line scan. If your ISP (or their "modem") is filtering those ports, the GRC scan is not even reaching your D-Link router, so it makes no difference how you configure it. I suggest looking at the configuration in the modem/gateway for the reason for not being able to get a stealth condition for ports 445 and 135 (although the ISP could still be filtering those ports before it even reaches the "modem").

BimmerE38FN

join:2002-09-15
Boise, ID
kudos:1
reply to DirtDigger
What model ISP modem do you have?
What ISP service do you have?

PamelaTS

join:2004-04-20
Dallas, TX
reply to DirtDigger
I get it the DI-604 has been a warrior for a very long time. It's difficult sometimes to say good bye to older faithful equipment. Perhaps it's time to update/upgrade your hardware? a DI-604 is in networking a dinosaur

Old_Dinosaur

@comcast.net
said by PamelaTS:

Perhaps it's time to update/upgrade your hardware? a DI-604 is in networking a dinosaur

Perhaps DirtDigger is a paleontologist ?

PamelaTS

join:2004-04-20
Dallas, TX
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
·Clearwire Wireless
·Clear Wireless
said by Old_Dinosaur :

said by PamelaTS:

Perhaps it's time to update/upgrade your hardware? a DI-604 is in networking a dinosaur

Perhaps DirtDigger is a paleontologist ?

I hear ya I actually still have an old DI-524 flashed wit DI-624 firmware in a box. It works just fine for a bg router, but otherwise worthless. I tried to give it away and no one would take it, lol
--
---- Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
---- Albert Einstein

--
TWC [20/2] / Motorola SB6141 / ASUS RT-AC66R (fw 3.0.0.4.354) / DAP-1522 (a1) fw 1.40 {1 @ 5ghz bridge mode; 2nd semi-retired}