how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

LINCSAT
Premium
join:2003-06-15
Markham, ON

[Cable] Rogers Customers Fubared Again Thank God For Teksavvy!

Click for full size

dmbcanada

join:2009-06-01
Canada

Re: [Cable] Rogers Customers Fubared Again Thank God For Teksavv

Hi-Speed Lite = $44.49 for 256K upload, give me a break!!

Ree

join:2007-04-29
h0h0h0
kudos:1
reply to LINCSAT
Those prices for Ultimate don't look right. If they are correct, then Ultimate users will be seeing a decrease of $17, not an increase of $3.

deal1

join:2010-12-27
Mississauga
reply to LINCSAT
TekSavvy, Start, Vmedia, etc should expect another wave of new customers. I have been speaking alot about my experience going to ms.voip with people I know that are paying over $200 for their internet/tv/phone packages. I think lots of people are at their breaking point and will look at alternatives.

Lots of people are still unaware that there are alternatives. Do any of the 3rd party providers offer an affiliate program? I would consider opening some mall kiosks to sign people.

Fraoch

join:2003-08-01
Cambridge, ON
kudos:2
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
reply to LINCSAT
Is this not the third price increase this year? Insanity! There was one in January, their "regular" price increase in March and now this one!

Broadband prices are going down worldwide, except here in Canada.

I bailed back in March to TekSavvy so I get to avoid this but I bet my remaining Rogers services (TV, home phone) go up too. I'm desperate for TekSavvy to get into IPTV but I may have to switch to VMedia before long...hope I can hold out (at $100/month!) until the end of the year.

BTW to anyone still stuck on Rogers, take a look at this:

»smartcanucks.ca/how-to-terminate ··· cts-now/

They may have closed this loophole, but you might want to try it if you're in a contract.
--
TekSavvy 35/3 cable - Technicolor DCM476 - Ubiquiti EdgeRouter Lite - Amer Networks SGD8 switch - ASUS RT-N66U (as WAP)

Dustyn
Premium
join:2003-02-26
Ontario, CAN
kudos:11
reply to LINCSAT

KC_

join:2013-06-10
North York, ON

ground

join:2008-01-16
Toronto, ON
reply to LINCSAT
Lite Unlimited? Ha-ha. Looks like now Rogers is copying Teksavvy in terms of capped vs. unlimited packages. Wow Rogers, but what happened to network congestion and "living in a metered world"?

TOPDAWG
Premium
join:2005-04-27
Calgary, AB
kudos:3
reply to LINCSAT
well if that paper is true my bill will go down as I pay for express with unlimted. Think I pay around $83 each month so it will go down to $64. Well long as those prices if you just have internet alone.

TypeS

join:2012-12-17
London, ON
I think the notice is being deceptive about the unlimited pricing, that looks like the unlimited pricing when you have a tripple play bundle.

coolspot18

join:2012-10-23
reply to LINCSAT
Wasn't a new Ted Rogers statue erected today? It'll be a good place to plaster the "Rogered" stickers

MJB

join:2012-01-29
excellent the rogers and bell ship will sink..... customers have no money and no jobs.... china..... wtf....

corporations will collapse themselves

TOPDAWG
Premium
Calgary, AB
reply to TypeS
yeah I'd guess that too. Would be nice think I'll go ahead and switch to start anyway.

DennisLX

join:2010-02-07
reply to LINCSAT
meanwhile....

»www.thestar.com/business/2013/07 ··· ate.html

"Net income was also higher than expected, at $532 million or 93 cents per share — $22 million above the estimate and up from $413 million or 77 cents per share a year earlier."

that extra 3 dollars should pay for that new bronze statue in front of the Robbers Center in Toronto

elitefx

join:2011-02-14
London, ON
reply to LINCSAT
I think Rogers is going to price themselves right out of the market. There's guys that say "if you want higher speeds, better support etc you need to pay more". That's CRAP. There's no reason they can't supply 25/2 for $25 month. Rogers wants to make a billion dollars overnite, every nite. THATS the problem.

We're talking internet here. It's a simple signal over a network. No different from POTS or hydro or any utility. There comes a point when the supplier needs to realize what it is they're actually selling. Internet is no miracle, mystical thing.

Rogers has lost all touch with reality when it comes to their pricing structure. You'd almost think they're all on medication when they come out with these ridiculous fees, hikes and arbitrary rules for anyone wanting to connect to their infrastructure.

Can't believe Rogers has actually sunk to this level.......

dmbcanada

join:2009-06-01
Canada
The CRTC allows Rogers to do this, we need more competition or stop the regional offers. In Ontario I should be able to choose, Rogers, Cogeco, Telus, Videotron for my internet. Either way I am sticking with Teksavvy!

pcfxer

join:2006-12-11
Orleans, ON
I will not be sticking with Teksavvy. The congestion issues that I've been experiencing make my 28/1 connection a 5/0.3 Lite Rogers connection when I need it most (working at home, dealing with Doctors that want to go home).

I am looking at SN DSL or maybe Start Cable. How is start cable for congestion?

bt

join:2009-02-26
canada
reply to dmbcanada
said by dmbcanada:

In Ontario I should be able to choose, Rogers, Cogeco, Telus, Videotron for my internet.

Won't happen, and it has nothing to do with the CRTC.

Epichappy

join:2012-05-14
Kitchener, ON
reply to elitefx
said by elitefx:

We're talking internet here. It's a simple signal over a network. No different from POTS or hydro or any utility. There comes a point when the supplier needs to realize what it is they're actually selling. Internet is no miracle, mystical thing.

If metal pipes were as expensive as fiber optic cables, you might be correct. But you are not, they are incredibly expensive, and believe it or not Rogers is expanding and repairing its network... If they did not need to expand, like NTT in Japan you might be more correct.

elitefx

join:2011-02-14
London, ON
said by Epichappy:

If metal pipes were as expensive as fiber optic cables, you might be correct. But you are not, they are incredibly expensive,......

Then the question becomes: What purpose or use will the internet serve when half the population simply won't be able to afford it. People are already dropping cable like a bad habit. The internet will be next. Rogers will drive Canada back into the stoneage. The technology will be there but beyond the financial reach of everyday folks.

vincom

join:2009-03-06
Bolton, ON
Reviews:
·Anveo
·TekSavvy Cable

2 edits
reply to LINCSAT
rogers is a listed company and as such cares only about the bottom line and to their share prices, to expect anything else is fubar.

do they care for their customers?, only to the point of how much would it cost them in the long run.

could they provide same services for lower prices? yes, if there was enough competition for said services but that would effect what I said in my first sentence so why would they bother lowering prices if theres not much competition for such services.

competition? the crtc sets out rules for that. who runs the crtc? we all know who.

thank that for internet services we have "some" competition because of companies like tsi and such.

tv signal competition? not much there so who ever wants it will get hosed.

cellphones? only the big can compete and they are basically in cahoots with each other and buy up the smaller competition to control the market

camelot

join:2008-04-12
Whitby, ON
reply to pcfxer
If you're experiencing congestion issues with TSI, you'll face them with any other provider as well (including Rogers themselves'). The issue is local node congestion, not back haul.

However, DSL may be different in your area.

LINCSAT
Premium
Markham, ON

4 edits
reply to LINCSAT
I just can't understand why they are not bleeding as of yet. I have family, friends etc etc leave rogers for third party isps and going to wind for wireless. This must be happening in lots of familys and your circle of friends my thinking is they are cooking the books and now there trying to keep verizon out well it doesn't add up.

coolspot18

join:2012-10-23
Maybe 10% of my friends have switched from Rogers/Bell to Wind. Some have gone back to Rogers due to the poor quality of service from Wind/Mobilicity, etc.

As for third party internet, only a handful know it is an option ... so maybe 20% or less in my case.

A lot of people just don't care, especially if their Internet/Wireless is used for work and the company pays the bill...

TOPDAWG
Premium
Calgary, AB
reply to LINCSAT
so when will the workers on the phone know about the new prices? I may call see WTF my price will be that is if it changes I'll guess that price on the paper like someone said is if you got 3 services.

ANOU

@opera-mini.net
reply to dmbcanada
And Robber and Hell are complaining it's unfair about the competition has more choices than them. Is it fair to the consumers then? Greed !

LINCSAT
Premium
Markham, ON
reply to LINCSAT
I use my internet everyday, works great and Im not going broke paying the monthly bill like some of my friends on rogers who are switching 1 by 1, I am so glad I am not with rogers keep up the great work Teksavvy!!!

mikeylbl

join:2011-02-28
Scarborough, ON
reply to LINCSAT
I've been with Teksavvy almost 3 yrs.

I went through outages and hiccups here and there.

No big complaints from me.
Recently signed up for TekTalk. So far, so good.

I'm just happy how much I'm saving with the same plan Rogers is pricing out now.

45/4 77.99 plus tax - 87 $

Teksavvy 54.99 - 62 $

I'll take those savings

Arcturus

join:2008-04-18
London, ON
reply to LINCSAT
said by LINCSAT:

I just can't understand why they are not bleeding as of yet. I have family, friends etc etc leave rogers for third party isps and going to wind for wireless. This must be happening in lots of familys and your circle of friends my thinking is they are cooking the books and now there trying to keep verizon out well it doesn't add up.

The problem being the CRTC gave them such a HUGE profit margin off techsavvy, if every internet customers go to teksavvy, they still make huge profits, and then don't even have to offer any customer support or tech support. They might even make more profit off teksavvy customers than they do their own under the current insane bandwidth tarrifs.

TwiztedZero
Nine Zero Burp Nine Six
Premium
join:2011-03-31
Toronto, ON
kudos:5
CBB == INSANE

You got that much right.