uniqs
smokozuna
join:2008-04-11
Las Vegas, NV

smokozuna to Optimus2357

to Optimus2357

Re: [NV] Lag issues during gaming

said by Optimus2357:

Hmm, I dug around and found some interesting things. I agree that its probably not your internet causing it. Seems Forza may have changed developer's recently? If so the new company may not be paying for the same kind of server maintenance but I couldn't find any data to back that up so take it with a grain of salt. I did find a TON of youtube videos showing flying cars though (LOLz) so I don't think its a uncommon problem. The consensus is if your the only flying car, its either your connection or your playing people far away from you (either would increase the latency difference between you and the other players) but if other players cars are flying it likly has nothing to do with you at all.

Found a decent post that gives some good data but its kind of old. It might be because of the nature of a driving game they have been heavy handed in the way they force match making to actually add latency to other players connection to balance driving conditions. Again, I don't have any data to back this up, just a theory.

»forums.forzamotorsport.n ··· 004.aspx

::Edit:: Sorry if it seems like I am thread hoarding. I kept posting right before someone else posts. Also Im quite bored

you are not hording Optimus. thank you very much for taking your time to research my problem. you are a good man!

Optimus2357
Premium Member
join:2010-11-21
West Warwick, RI

Optimus2357

Premium Member

No problem at all my friend, it was my pleasure. Thats why I come here, to help people and learn in the process. And actually there may be something you can do. If you find you play alot with the same friends, and they are far away, you might actually be able to set up a free VPN and then set that as a proxy server in the Xbox 360. It can help get around certain country specific content bans, and possible routing problems with your ISP peering. It does however reduce your overall Xbox 360 throughput, think smaller, but faster pipe. Check it out

»www.se7ensins.com/forums ··· .585549/
smokozuna
join:2008-04-11
Las Vegas, NV

smokozuna

said by Optimus2357:

No problem at all my friend, it was my pleasure. Thats why I come here, to help people and learn in the process. And actually there may be something you can do. If you find you play alot with the same friends, and they are far away, you might actually be able to set up a free VPN and then set that as a proxy server in the Xbox 360. It can help get around certain country specific content bans, and possible routing problems with your ISP peering. It does however reduce your overall Xbox 360 throughput, think smaller, but faster pipe. Check it out

»www.se7ensins.com/forums ··· .585549/

VPN's for XBL were setup to stop people booting you offline with Cain & Able and a shell booter. The free ones stink but the pay ones may be better. I met a couple people using the free ones and they had a lot of lag. It is my friends connections that are causing the lag not mine. One of my friends have Cox in FL, one minute he has 38 down and 7 up the next 6 down and .5 up. The Cox tech recommended he buy a new modem and router which he did but the problem remains, now he is to lazy to call them back to get the problem resolved. Maybe I just need better friends on XBL lol.

Optimus2357
Premium Member
join:2010-11-21
West Warwick, RI

Optimus2357

Premium Member

Cheaters are that high tech these days huh? Though to be honest I tried to design something similar for my PSN, but just so we could kick trolls and cheaters from some of our public matches. Don't ask which game...::grin:: I had my doubts about my post after I made it, since your adding a big bottle neck with a VPN, but my friend that used to play SF4 on the PS3 against people in Japan used to swear by it. Something about the way it hopped the pond, so to speak.