spc

spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

sfernand

join:2013-07-19

Zazeen - why do you keep censored forums?

Not sure if anyone else is annoyed that we are unable to express our views on Zazeen forums in regards to its IPTV delays and lack of communications. All post need to go through a moderator and I just had my 2nd reply not posted. These guys have not even launched but have advertised on newspapers and bus stops all over GTA that IPTV is available. Wonder how many innocent people have signed up and been cornered because of their deceptive tactics.

The only people happy at zazeen are the moderators who have free IPTV for a while now. The same ones who moderate the forums.

HiVolt
Premium
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON
kudos:21
All posts are pre-screened?

That's utterly lame.
--

Fergless
Premium
join:2008-04-19
Toronto, ON
kudos:1

2 edits
reply to sfernand
Not all posts are held in queue, just first posters for their first post, due to tons of spammers to the site.

There have some delays and the STB's are being sent out first to Quebec customers followed by Ontario customers.
This is the latest update from Paul:
quote:
the STB's for Quebec will be sent out this week and Ontario STB's around July 20th.
It's been posted many times how upset people with the service not starting on time, but issues pop up and they have to be fixed. It appears the replies by Paul fall on deaf ears and if there are no updates to report the Moderators have no knowledge what is going on.

Some things could not be posted in updates due to privacy concerns etc. with the launch.

There are many testers besides the Moderators as well as Acanac and Distributel Staff.

If you have ordered the service sfernand, please hang in there.

Thank you.

PS: I just checked your group on the forum sfernand, and you were somehow in 2 groups, Newly Registered Users and Registered Users. So you should be good to go now as a Registered User. No queue for you

Please remember there are forum rules and if forum members break them they just may have their posts deleted, as they are on any forum including this one. Please understand not everyone posting there has subscribed to IPTV and in the forum it's difficult to know who's who.

TwiztedZero
Nine Zero Burp Nine Six
Premium
join:2011-03-31
Toronto, ON
kudos:5
LAME & overbearing. IMHO.
We hate dictatorships.

XoX

join:2003-08-19
Qc, Canada
we also have rules here so does it make it a dictatorships? If it is, why not go open your own forum and post all the crap you want in it?

Guspaz
Guspaz
Premium,MVM
join:2001-11-05
Montreal, QC
kudos:23
reply to sfernand
So spam control is now dictatorship? Yikes, talk about an exaggeration.

sfernand

reply to Fergless
said by Fergless:

Not all posts are held in queue, just first posters for their first post, due to tons of spammers to the site.

PS: I just checked your group on the forum sfernand, and you were somehow in 2 groups, Newly Registered Users and Registered Users. So you should be good to go now as a Registered User. No queue for you

I see that you have fixed it. Hopefully, there are no more users in same situation who cannot post. Perhaps, my post will help sort this out for you

said by Fergless:

Please remember there are forum rules and if forum members break them they just may have their posts deleted, as they are on any forum including this one. Please understand not everyone posting there has subscribed to IPTV and in the forum it's difficult to know who's who.

Not a single STB has been shipped to customers...so you dont have any live subscribers yet. Btw, I am a subscriber of Acanac Cable.

sfernand

1 edit
reply to HiVolt
said by HiVolt:

All posts are pre-screened?

That's utterly lame.

FOr me it was ...until Fergless corrected it. I was in 2 groups. It seems only first time posters are held back. There are not a lot of people posting or action on zazeen forums so I wonder if there are many in same boat as me.

sfernand

reply to Fergless
said by Fergless:

There have some delays and the STB's are being sent out first to Quebec customers followed by Ontario customers.
This is the latest update from Paul:

quote:
the STB's for Quebec will be sent out this week and Ontario STB's around July 20th.
It's been posted many times how upset people with the service not starting on time, but issues pop up and they have to be fixed. It appears the replies by Paul fall on deaf ears and if there are no updates to report the Moderators have no knowledge what is going on.

Paul said the first STBs would be shipped tp QC 3 weeks ago but AFAIK, he never came back and said it was delayed. Thats why people rant . He should have come back on the first day he knew he failed to meet his timeline.

Anyways, i will keep continue posting on zazeen forums. I cam here because I couldnt post there and wanted to get a sense about how other people felt about being moderated. Looks like it was an error with my ID on your forums.

sfernand

reply to sfernand
Here we go again.....

Zazeen missed another start date and their mod locked the thread because users started asking questions and voicing their opinions!!!

Brutal and completely useless mods. Locking a thread cause they cannot deal with "negative" opinions?

»community.zazeen.com/viewtopic.p···start=50

TwiztedZero
Nine Zero Burp Nine Six
Premium
join:2011-03-31
Toronto, ON
kudos:5

2 edits
Sabeti = big britches, eh?

I'd say take your mesage to the open web, twitter and facebook etc... every social media angle you can leverage. Sooner or later you'll get word cascading out and a whole lot less censorship.

End users should never be hushed for speaking up about irregularities in their service.

Anyways - Did my small part though didn't send it to @Zazeeninc I figure the #Zazeen #IPTV hashtags oughta get wider reception if anyone's watching.
--

!- From the mind located in the shadows of infinity -!
Nine.Zero.Burp.Nine.Six
Twitter = @TwiztedZero
Chat = irc.teksavvy.ca

singerie3

join:2008-10-12
Saint-Constant, QC
reply to sfernand
i was about to post in the thread on zazeen, until sabeti closed the post.

Fortunately, Bell fibe is comming to my town. As soon fibe TV + internet is here, bye bye zazeen beta.

chall2k56

join:2007-10-03
Edmonton, AB
Reviews:
·ELECTRONICBOX
·Acanac
·WIND Mobile
reply to sfernand
You can still post on the forums, there was never any issues there, the reason Sabeti locked the topic was that posters were getting off topic, continually whining that the service was delayed, while other people who subscribed to Paul's first post to get real updates were getting inundated with replies from people venting

and as for the advertising before service launches, everyone does it, Rogers had their I Want my LTE page active for allmost 6 months before launch, Globalive had their "Soapbox" live before they even knew they were going to market with the Wind brand, Mobilicity advertised in Ottawa a year before they came....the bottom line every company does it, to drum up their brand's presence before they launch

sfernand

Its called opinions ...btw, I never heard of vmedia until a month before it launched.

sfernand

1 recommendation

reply to sfernand
Btw, one of the mods did the right thing and unlocked the topic on zazeen before they felt the real wrath of their community

scorpido
Premium
join:2009-11-02
New Hamburg, ON
Lots of trigger happy Rookie Mods over there. Best place to get Acanacs attention is right here in DSLR.

JackOG

@rogers.com
reply to sfernand
It seems like Sabeti has taken the habit to lock threads as soon as he considers them '' negative''.

I don't know how many times he did it but I know he also reserves himself the right to censor/delete posts when he does not like what he reads as he did delete one of mine even though it was in accordance to the forum rules and was very respectful but since I was saying how I felt regarding the way they handled the questions and comments of the community, he deleted it (and locked the thread arterwards).

My main issue with Zazeen is not only with the never-ending delays but more with the fact that to the the question '' Are we there yet'' the answer can be '' Yes we launch this week'' five weeks in a row without anything happening and not a single updates as of why nothing happens after which we are being told something around the lines of ''Well obviously we haven't launch so keep waiting and stop asking if we are there yet or we will stop giving you updates''.

Fergless
Premium
Toronto, ON
reply to sfernand

Re: Zazeen - Updates from Paul

Paul has been answering questions on the forum a few moments ago.

HiVolt
Premium
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON
kudos:21
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·TekSavvy Cable
reply to JackOG

Re: Zazeen - why do you keep censored forums?

said by JackOG :

My main issue with Zazeen is not only with the never-ending delays but more with the fact that to the the question '' Are we there yet'' the answer can be '' Yes we launch this week'' five weeks in a row without anything happening and not a single updates as of why nothing happens after which we are being told something around the lines of ''Well obviously we haven't launch so keep waiting and stop asking if we are there yet or we will stop giving you updates''.

And their HDTV ads have been out for months now... Must suck to be wasting money on that and still have no product.
--

Fergless
Premium
Toronto, ON
reply to sfernand

Re: IPTV starting date..

Latest update by Paul

quote:
Please beware due to some of the NDA's we signed we are prevented from discussing the issues that are causing these delays.
What I can tell you today we are waiting for approval to an amendment made to one of our agreements. Once this is signed off on we can start shipping out the devices.

Once again we are not trying to be evasive and the information I having been providing has been correct at that moment. If the brakes get put on by the regulatory side not much I can do.

rednekcowboy

join:2012-03-21
Reviews:
·Acanac

1 edit
said by Fergless:

Latest update by Paul

quote:
Please beware due to some of the NDA's we signed we are prevented from discussing the issues that are causing these delays.
What I can tell you today we are waiting for approval to an amendment made to one of our agreements. Once this is signed off on we can start shipping out the devices.

Once again we are not trying to be evasive and the information I having been providing has been correct at that moment. If the brakes get put on by the regulatory side not much I can do.

Not much he can do except communicate, like he did just now, that they are having issues with the regulatory side of things and there is a small delay.

If he did this every time then people wouldn't be so ticked off about it.

I can't say anything different than anyone else. I sent emails to Acanac, Distributel and Zazeen with a bunch of questions regarding the services and how they combine together for package pricing, moving over my service, transferring my modem, etc, etc and never got 1 reply from any of the three.

Communication is absolutely horrid for these 3 companies from my perspective and the lack of response from any 1 of the three made up my mind right there on whether or not I would be a customer. The question I had to ask myself was if they could not even bother a reply and they haven't got my money yet, what will they be like once they have me locked in?

No offense, but if you want to get new customers and keep the current ones, you better start placing your focus on them first.

JackOG

@rogers.com
said by rednekcowboy:

said by Fergless:

Latest update by Paul

quote:

Not much he can do except communicate, like he did just now, that they are having issues with the regulatory side of things and there is a small delay.

If he did this every time then people wouldn't be so ticked off about it.

I can't say anything different than anyone else. I sent emails to Acanac, Distributel and Zazeen with a bunch of questions regarding the services and how they combine together for package pricing, moving over my service, transferring my modem, etc, etc and never got 1 reply from any of the three.

Communication is absolutely horrid for these 3 companies from my perspective and the lack of response from any 1 of the three made up my mind right there on whether or not I would be a customer. The question I had to ask myself was if they could not even bother a reply and they haven't got my money yet, what will they be like once they have me locked in?

No offense, but if you want to get new customers and keep the current ones, you better start placing your focus on them first.

I can't agree more. I really don't see how not giving updates and not answering your customers especially when you don't deliver what you said you would can even be considered a viable option for a telecom company (or for any company for that matter).

Acanac Inc
Premium
join:2007-03-05
Mississauga, ON
reply to rednekcowboy
We don't just ignore tickets. As of this moment the oldest unanswered sales ticket in the Zazeen system is only 5 hours old. Can you please provide me with any of the ticket ID's. (You get an automatic reply with the ticket ID when you submit one)

rednekcowboy

Reviews:
·Acanac

1 edit
said by Acanac Inc:

We don't just ignore tickets. As of this moment the oldest unanswered sales ticket in the Zazeen system is only 5 hours old. Can you please provide me with any of the ticket ID's. (You get an automatic reply with the ticket ID when you submit one)

This was months ago, not long after zazeen was announced/webpage was put up and I did not receive a ticket (just did a search of my email to verify). I sent emails to Acanac, Distributel and Zazeen and never received a response from any of the companies.

I wouldn't worry to much about me as that made up my mind right there, you would be hard pressed to change it now. Sorry.

As for the rest, I admittedly don't know the whole story but if you set a deadline for people and miss that deadline, you owe those people an explanation of some sort.

Acanac Inc
Premium
Mississauga, ON
You should of at least received a ticket ID. This is automatically sent when an email is submitted to our sales department. No human intervention is required for this action.

Won't try to change your mind however your business will always be welcomed.

Have a great weekend.

Fergless
Premium
Toronto, ON
reply to JackOG
quote:
I can't agree more. I really don't see how not giving updates and not answering your customers especially when you don't deliver what you said you would can even be considered a viable option for a telecom company (or for any company for that matter).
Not sure if that was intended for me however i'll try and clarify.

Re Updates on the Zazeen IPTV Forum

There are no paying customers yet, there is no charge to sign up for the Beta until the STB's are sent out. Which they haven't. Other than Paul and the other owners I do not have any updates to pass on until Paul lets me know. On the forum Sabeti and myself have no knowledge of who has signed up.

Thank you.

rednekcowboy

Reviews:
·Acanac
reply to Acanac Inc
said by Acanac Inc:

You should of at least received a ticket ID. This is automatically sent when an email is submitted to our sales department. No human intervention is required for this action.

Won't try to change your mind however your business will always be welcomed.

Have a great weekend.

Nope, never got one at all. Maybe it didn't go through? Should have for both Acanac and Distributel though (I actually, if I remember correctly--getting old lol, copied and pasted the exact same thing to all three).

I can give you my email if you want to double-check (actually put it in this post but thought better of that ). Though I am really happy with Ebox.....

Acanac Inc
Premium
Mississauga, ON
You can send me a PM with the email. I can take a quick look.

rednekcowboy

pm sent

Acanac Inc
Premium
Mississauga, ON
I searched both Zazeen's and Acanac's ticket systems and nothing came up. I will have to get back to you on the Distributel side.

Even though it's probably too late I would still be happy to answer your questions.