All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs

MOSFET
join:2002-09-29
Garfield, NJ

MOSFET

[General] Amount of Data Used (Monthly Usage)

I certainly hope that Clear stays around for a long time to come. They're not perfect, they have their issues but they are very convenient as I can basically plug my modem in almost anywhere and voila! I'm on the Internet. No need to change providers if I decide to move from New Jersey to say, Las Vegas!!

Anyway, my question is, on average, what is your monthly usage on Clear assuming you have an unlimited usage plan.

I'm using about 52 GIGS a month.

xrayman
join:2008-12-09
Kansas City

xrayman

I use between 20 and 25 GB a month on Clear.
kenbr1960
join:2011-10-31
Jacksonville, FL

kenbr1960 to MOSFET

to MOSFET
I agree completely. For what I need Clear is the perfect solution. I tend to use 10 to 15GB each month.

norbert26
Premium Member
join:2010-08-10
Warwick, RI

norbert26 to MOSFET

Premium Member

to MOSFET
around 100 GB
criggs
join:2000-07-14
New York, NY

criggs to MOSFET

to MOSFET
Not sure if I should be posting here, but here goes.

I use the Clear WiMax network almost all the time. My average download is about 100 gigabytes a month.

That said, I am not a Clear customer but a Wireless 'n' WiFi customer, which also offers unlimited 4G. The difference is that Wireless 'n' WiFi bundles their service with 3G, with the latter having a 35 gig cap. As most of us know, where WiMax is present and the buildout is complete, it's actually pretty good. The problem is that the network looks like Swiss cheese, which is why one needs a package that includes a backup network.

JimThePCGuy
Formerly known as schja01.
MVM
join:2000-04-27
Morton Grove, IL

JimThePCGuy to MOSFET

MVM

to MOSFET
15 -> 30 Gig/Mo depending on whether I use Netflix, StarsPlay, HBOGo ...
ivman
join:2010-08-15
Shortsville, NY

ivman

20-25 Gig a month. Slowly but steadily rising. No use of netflix but a lot of youtube & streaming music.
richyque
join:2012-11-30
Chicago, IL

richyque to MOSFET

to MOSFET
Clears been great for me since i've had them, i always use over 150 gb a month. Last month Data Used: 164.50 GB.
Tempus
join:2013-07-23
MA, USA

Tempus to MOSFET

to MOSFET
Good thread idea, MOSFET.

I've only been with Clear for just over a month, but in that first month I've used about 17GB. I have a bunch of digital downloads I previously purchased from various sources and have been waiting to download. Had I worked on downloading those during that month, I would have used considerably more bandwidth, but I didn't want to step on anyone's toes, especially in the very first month of service. However, seeing how much some of you guys use, I might be slightly less cautious this month, so thanks for the information, everyone.
Tempus

Tempus

I've now been with Clear for two months. During my second month I stopped being quite so careful about bandwidth, and as a result I used about 24GB.

BlueMagic
join:2008-03-30
Riverside, IL

2 edits

BlueMagic to MOSFET

to MOSFET
Click for full size
Click for full size
Here you go, 61.67 GB over 8.5 days = 217.66 GB average for a 30 day month with perfect service and no throttling, and yes I am near a tower with many users and lots of traffic. Where are the mythical Ericsson bandwidth police?

PING 56 ms - Download Speed 9.41 Mbps - Upload Speed 0.92 Mbps

It is so wonderful to live in a sophisticated Chicago suburb and not in Flyover country. Sprint/Clear has skimmed the cream and owns the best markets in the United States, nobody cares about Flyover country markets.

Life is good.

ivman
join:2010-08-15
Shortsville, NY

ivman to MOSFET

to MOSFET
30.5 gig this past month, ending on the 12th.