join:2002-02-04
united state
Ubiquiti EdgeRouter Lite
Ubiquiti UniFi AP-LR
Polycom VVX300

crazyk4952

Premium Member

faster upload speeds?

I will probably be moving (back) to a CableOne area soon and I am pretty disappointed that they only offer 2Mbps upload on their residential plans.

Currently, I have a 30/4 plan with Charter and it's going to be really painful to have my upload speed cut in half. It already takes me long enough to complete my online backups and upload videos to YouTube.

I even inquired about business plans with faster upload speed and was advised of a 75/5 plan for a mere $211/month!! Ouch! When I asked about CableOne's plans to increase upload speeds in the future, I was told that they had just increased them. Hmmm.

I realize that I am ranting and probably nothing will come of this. But, is anyone else frustrated by this?

jasonkradiog
@cableone.net

jasonkradiog

Anon

I personally cant wait until the whole country is 1000/1000 and providers stop all the bandwidth and cap nonsense.

But what can you do? Move to Kansas City or Utah and sign up for Google Fiber? :/

lordpuffer
Legalize It Joe!
Premium Member
join:2004-09-19
Old Town, ME
Nokia XS-110G-A
Linksys Velop MX5300

lordpuffer to crazyk4952

Premium Member

to crazyk4952
I'm also pretty frustrated. 2 Megs up today is behind the times.

I remember about one year ago where I was living I had 20 Megs up for a while with CenturyLink. It wasn't perfect, but it sure was like night and day compared to what my upload speed is now.

Pashune
Caps stifle innovation
Premium Member
join:2006-04-14
Gautier, MS

Pashune to crazyk4952

Premium Member

to crazyk4952
I heard on their FB page that they do hope to increase upload speeds on the residential side sooner or later. I'm guessing maybe that'll happen after they've got everyone moved off analog TV. As it stands right now I don't think C1 has channel bonding on the upstream side and that might be a reason they haven't increased upload speeds as well.

I'm somewhat annoyed with it as well but I haven't done enough uploading lately either to be bothered by it. Hell, I was on 1 meg upload for the longest.

crazyk4952
Premium Member
join:2002-02-04
united state
Ubiquiti EdgeRouter Lite
Ubiquiti UniFi AP-LR
Polycom VVX300

crazyk4952

Premium Member

said by Pashune:

I heard on their FB page that they do hope to increase upload speeds on the residential side sooner or later. I'm guessing maybe that'll happen after they've got everyone moved off analog TV.

Well I really hope so. When I asked the CSR that I talked to about future plans on upload speed upgrades, she replied, "We just upgraded them".
said by Pashune:

As it stands right now I don't think C1 has channel bonding on the upstream side and that might be a reason they haven't increased upload speeds as well.

I am currently with Charter now and do not have upstream channel bonding. They seem to be offering two residential plans currently:

30/4
100/5

I really think that CableOne has such crap speeds because they truly like screwing their customers. I see that they got rid of their slogan, "Watch Us Make You Smile". Now we are not even getting lip-service...