Premium
join:2002-04-20
Rockwood, MI
Reviews:
·WOW Internet and..
·AT&T Midwest

[Rant] Taco Bell Removing Items From Menu--That sell Well

Hey all

Why does Taco bell have to remove items that sell so good off the menu or bring them back for a limited time, (Beefy Crunch Burrito) facebook page alone for taco bell right now 34,724 likes) and yet they still take it off the menu. Doesn't make any sense to me, oh well guess will not be eating much more taco bell.

Bamafan2277
Premium
join:2008-09-20
Jeffersonville, IN
Its just like McDonalds with the McRib. Bring it out for a limited time to drive a frenzy for it and then take it away. they make more money that way.

computerman2
Premium
Rockwood, MI
Yeah that is True, despite would be nice if they kept it permently though, but oh well I guess

Santa Fe
Living With Diabetes.
Premium,Mod
join:2000-08-22
Freight Yard
kudos:5
reply to Bamafan2277
said by Bamafan2277:

Its just like McDonalds with the McRib. Bring it out for a limited time to drive a frenzy for it and then take it away. they make more money that way.

I still loved the year McDonalds said they were going to stop making McRibs forever, and next year, McRib is back. Had loads of fun going to every McDonalds where I live & yelling HYPOCRITE.
--
Explore Xubuntu. Like It? Install It. [Love It]!

jadinolf
I love you Fred
Premium
join:2005-07-09
Ojai, CA
kudos:8
reply to computerman2
Never been to Taco Bell or McDonalds.

Maybe some day.
--
Printed on 100% recycled bytes

computerman2
Premium
Rockwood, MI
Oh well I guess healthier to not eat that weekly from Taco bell lol, despite I had about 15-20 of them since May 23rd lol

signmeuptoo
Bless you Howie
Premium
join:2001-11-22
NanoParticle
reply to computerman2
I make a better filling than Taco Bell. By far. Ground beef and ground pork, green chili refried beans, cilantro, comino, coriander, chili powder, tomato sauce, tomatillos, onions, garlic, adobo, chipotle powder, a few other things.

DataDoc
My avatar looks like me, if I was 2D.
Premium
join:2000-05-14
Martinsburg, WV
Reviews:
·Comcast
·Suddenlink
reply to jadinolf
said by jadinolf:

Maybe some day.

Don't bother if you actually know how to cook.
--
If Obama had a city, it would look like Detroit.

jadinolf
I love you Fred
Premium
join:2005-07-09
Ojai, CA
kudos:8
Reviews:
·DSL EXTREME
said by DataDoc:

said by jadinolf:

Maybe some day.

I do.
--
Printed on 100% recycled bytes

Oedipus

join:2005-05-09
kudos:1
reply to signmeuptoo
said by signmeuptoo:

I make a better filling than Taco Bell. By far.

Wow, that's... uh... great.

signmeuptoo
Bless you Howie
Premium
NanoParticle

2 recommendations

Yes it is.

GlennAllen
Sunny with highs in the 80s
Premium
join:2002-11-17
Richmond, VA
Reviews:
·Comcast
·Verizon FiOS
reply to jadinolf
You missed your chance. They used to have great food--great taste, first-class ingredients, quality service, good prices... but that was, like, the '70s, somewhat into the '80s (some locations were still good into the '90s). It's been all downhill since then--been well over a decade since I went back.

Mospaw
My socks don't match.
Hawaiian Jellyfish
join:2001-01-08
Mile-High
reply to computerman2
Just because its not on the menu board, doesn't mean they won't make it for you.

quote:
Taco Bell has a great policy of creating custom items so long as they have the ingredients on hand.
»www.ranker.com/list/taco-bell-se ··· nu-items

I've seen this reported in other places, too, so you might still be able to get that Beefy Crunch Burrito.

DataDoc
My avatar looks like me, if I was 2D.
Premium
join:2000-05-14
Martinsburg, WV
Reviews:
·Comcast
·Suddenlink
reply to jadinolf
said by jadinolf:

said by DataDoc:

said by jadinolf:

Maybe some day.

I do.

Then don't.
--
If Obama had a city, it would look like Detroit.

Grimm

join:2011-05-23
reply to computerman2
1. Drive to Taco Bell
2. Place order and replace sour cream with Baja Sauce on everything
3. ???
4. Profit
5. Proceed to food coma

Oedipus

join:2005-05-09

2 recommendations

said by Grimm:

1. Drive to Taco Bell
3. ???
4. Profit
5. Proceed to bathroom

fixed

join:2013-07-08
MA

1 edit
reply to signmeuptoo
said by signmeuptoo:

I make a better filling than Taco Bell. By far. Ground beef and ground pork, green chili refried beans, cilantro, comino, coriander, chili powder, tomato sauce, tomatillos, onions, garlic, adobo, chipotle powder, a few other things.

Ick! I'll stick to Taco Bell thanks. I make a good home-made taco but it's not comparable to Taco Bell. Different taco's entirely. My taco's are very good as I buy steak and grind it fresh for the ground beef. I use bacon as the fat in the ground beef mix I make and get it to about 85%. I also double grind it which is a step you can't get anywhere else. It makes great burgers, taco's, meatloaf, or anything else.

Grimm

join:2011-05-23
reply to Oedipus
said by Oedipus:

said by Grimm:

1. Drive to Taco Bell
3. ???
4. Profit
5. Proceed to bathroom

fixed

Mah b. That's just typical for me. Regardless of what I eat, 20 mins later I'm on the porcelain throne.

CylonRed
Premium,MVM
join:2000-07-06
Bloom County
quote:
That's just typical for me. Regardless of what I eat, 20 mins later I'm on the porcelain throne.
Man - that would have prevented some issues I have had. Have yet to find food that does this to me. Closet I got was food poisoning that still took hours and hours to do anything.
--
Brian

"It drops into your stomach like a Abrams's tank.... driven by Rosanne Barr..." A. Bourdain

Anonymous_
Anonymous
Premium
join:2004-06-21
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
reply to computerman2
said by computerman2:

Hey all

Why does Taco bell have to remove items that sell so good off the menu or bring them back for a limited time, (Beefy Crunch Burrito) facebook page alone for taco bell right now 34,724 likes) and yet they still take it off the menu. Doesn't make any sense to me, oh well guess will not be eating much more taco bell.

mmmmm.... Hot Mess burger

will be missed
--
Live Free or Die Hard...

Fir_Na_Tine
Giggity Giggity
Premium
join:2001-01-03
Sout Joisy
reply to Grimm
said by Grimm:

said by Oedipus:

said by Grimm:

1. Drive to Taco Bell
3. ???
4. Profit
5. Proceed to bathroom

fixed

Mah b. That's just typical for me. Regardless of what I eat, 20 mins later I'm on the porcelain throne.

Yep most fast food you don't actually buy, your renting it lol.
--
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."
-Jimi Hendrix

"The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it."
Neil deGrasse Tyson

MA
said by Fir_Na_Tine:

Yep most fast food you don't actually buy, your renting it lol.

Fixed it for you.

ebgbjo
Sewing is cheaper than therapy
Premium
join:2007-09-14
USA
reply to Grimm
I rarely eat fast food anymore, but when I do and have enough macros left over for the day, I head to Taco Bell for the beef chulupa with baja sauce and cinnamon twists. YUMMY

MA
said by ebgbjo:

I rarely eat fast food anymore, but when I do and have enough macros left over for the day, I head to Taco Bell for the beef chulupa with baja sauce and cinnamon twists. YUMMY

You forgot to end that right. "Stay thirsty my friend!"

Secyurityet
Premium
join:2012-01-07
untied state
reply to computerman2
said by computerman2:

(Beefy Crunch Burrito)

Tw0 words: smothered burrito.

Enjoy!

CylonRed
Premium,MVM
join:2000-07-06
Bloom County
reply to computerman2
Since FB is national - 34K likes is barely a blip on the screen. IF it was a blip - you would have top look real hard to find it - if it could be found.
--
Brian

"It drops into your stomach like a Abrams's tank.... driven by Rosanne Barr..." A. Bourdain

David
I start new work on
Premium,VIP
join:2002-05-30
Granite City, IL
kudos:101
Reviews:
·DIRECTV
·AT&T Midwest
·magicjack.com
·Google Voice
reply to signmeuptoo
said by signmeuptoo:

ummm.... no pun intended... but... signmeuptoo? for consumption of course.. that and I will bring beer!
--
If you have a topic in the direct forum please reply to it or a post of mine, I get a notification when you do this.
Koetting Ford, Granite City, illinois... YOU'RE FIRED!!

signmeuptoo
Bless you Howie
Premium
NanoParticle
reply to computerman2
Those that like tacos and that have had mine love them.

nonymous
Premium
join:2003-09-08
Glendale, AZ

4 edits
reply to 02778712
Steak? I told my wife I would make beef tongue tacos someday. She said she isn't in to that type of taco.
But my wife does use ground beef when it is just a quick family thing. For better days crock pot beef, chicken or pork depending.
Still have red chili left but going to NM to stock up on green over the holiday weekend. Not the good Hatch stuff just Deming chili. Wife though grew up on the Deming chili and it is still NM chili.
True Hatch but expensive. They are part of the Franzoy family.
»www.younggunsproduce.com/
Mostly Deming sometimes some Hatch thrown in but no guarantee, still NM chili and cheaper. Shipping isnt to bad for the size and weight:
»diazfarms.com/

monchis
Premium
join:2002-12-09
Los Angeles, CA
reply to David
said by David:

said by signmeuptoo:

ummm.... no pun intended... but... signmeuptoo? for consumption of course.. that and I will bring beer!

That was my thought too when I read his post ha
--
dslreports.com