join:2006-11-18
Union, NJ

EG to SMC_QoS

Premium Member

to SMC_QoS

Re: [Business] Comcast Business class -- uploading kills connect

said by SMC_QoS :

the easy solution is to get your own SB6121 modem

FWIW, why not get a newer and better SB6141 (eight downstream channel capable) device instead of an older only four downstream capable device ?

Apologies for the off topic post.

telcodad
MVM
join:2011-09-16
Lincroft, NJ

telcodad

MVM

said by EG:

said by SMC_QoS :

FWIW, why not get a newer and better SB6141 (eight downstream channel capable) device instead of an older only four downstream capable device ?

I guess the SB6121 modem was suggested as it's not clear that the SB6141 is supported for Business Class service, as per the discussion in this previous thread: »Re: [Business] JUst had comcast installed - advice please
sef5
join:2013-07-24

sef5

Correct, only that one is supported. Well... they said that Netgear CG3000DCR is also supported... but it has the same firmware because they (Comcast) insisted on it. I haven't done much research on that yet.

SMC_QoS
@comcast.net

SMC_QoS to EG

Anon

to EG
said by EG:

said by SMC_QoS :

Because I don't see the SB6141 listed as an officially approved Comcast Business Class modem at »mydeviceinfo.comcast.net/ and I am not about to recommend that someone use a modem that Comcast may then use as an excuse for not providing support.

Here is the official list; do you see the SB6141 listed?

EG
The wings of love
Premium Member
join:2006-11-18
Union, NJ

EG to telcodad

Premium Member

to telcodad
O/k fair enough but I have read here and at other forums that some have had success with them provisioning it for the B.C. service.
EG

EG to SMC_QoS

Premium Member

to SMC_QoS
I've already conceded to this... Sorry for the intrusion...