uniqs
share rss forum feed

amarryat
Verizon FiOS

join:2005-05-02
Marshfield, MA

1 recommendation

Quantum sales push

Who else is getting bombarded with phone calls and emails to switch to Fios Quantum? Not a week goes by without a sales pitch.

I'm happy with my symmetric 35mbit service from Verizon and am not interested in downgrading my upload speed.

DGGSLF

join:2007-04-14
Lynn, MA

1 edit

1 recommendation

Unbelievable amount! I even noticed over the weekend that on two of my boxes at seperate times, when I pressed the DVR button to watch a couple of recorded shows, instead of bringing up the list of recordings, I got a Quantum ad that if I mistakenly clicked ok on the remote, it appears as if I would have ordered the upgrade without realizing it. A bit sleazy if you ask me. :-(

If they really want me to switch that badly, they should offer me a discount which keeps my price the same for a year, versus having me pay an extra $10/month for something I don't want or need. My 35/35 does exactly what I need it for and I work from home via VPN tunnel, with two young adult gamers online for hours, plus a wife always on her tablet.

C'mon Verizon, leave me alone!!

Steely
I rise when the sun goes down
Premium
join:2000-10-15
Princeton Junction, NJ
kudos:1
reply to amarryat

I'm with you guys on this. Satisfied with "35/35" (43/33 actual)...unless Verizon wants to increase my speeds at no additional charge (like most other providers do on occasion). Getting tired of being BOMBARDED with in-your-face ads and offers to "upgrade" to 50/25 (please explain to me how going from 35 to 25 on the upload side is an upgrade).

For a long time, Verizon was stating that 50/25 Quantum would be a "3x speed" upgrade for only $10 more a month. I may not be the greatest mathematician, but I'm pretty sure 3 x 35 does NOT equal 50. Sure, the Quantum deal is reasonable if you're starting out with 15/5 speeds or slower. But to make the offer fair and attractive, the $10/month increase should give present 35/35 users a boost to the 75/35 package. THAT, in my opinion, would make more sense...and I wouldn't need or appreciate non-stop blaring ads online, on my TV and in the mail to badger me about it!

frankpf3
Verizon Fios

join:2007-08-09
Huntington Station, NY
reply to amarryat

They were calling me constantly. I have 35/35 and don't want to switch to 50/25. With the fluff, I get close to that now anyway.

It's driving them crazy I am on a non-contract agreement.

RedCaliSS
Premium
join:2004-08-21
Murrieta, CA
reply to amarryat

Ha, I have the 50/25 package already and Verizon is STILL bombarding me with ad's to upgrade to their 50/25 tier
jack wagons!

Chris123NT

join:2001-11-24
Nesconset, NY
reply to amarryat

I actually recently got a call to "upgrade" to 75/35 which I already have mind you. Told them I would love to have 150/65 and they were like sorry that's not available in your area to which I responded yeah I'm probably going to go with Optimum's 101/35 once my fios contract expires. The sales rep didn't know what to say, so I told them to upgrade their network so they can deliver the new tiers to more than just a handful of select areas :P

tmc8080

join:2004-04-24
Brooklyn, NY
Reviews:
·ooma
·Optimum Online
·Verizon FiOS

That is so sad. That means they only have BPON capabilities in your area. Verizon will begin neglecting FIOS in much the same way they did with DSL and couldn't get customers the speeds they wanted or needed. I can't wait for OOL commercials to say: Yeah, sure 500 megabits, but you can't get that speed everywhere in the FIOS network because they didn't build the network properly for high capacity & density at the same time. Boo Hoo..

norm

join:2012-10-18
Pittsburgh, PA
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

said by tmc8080:

That is so sad. That means they only have BPON capabilities in your area. Verizon will begin neglecting FIOS in much the same way they did with DSL and couldn't get customers the speeds they wanted or needed. I can't wait for OOL commercials to say: Yeah, sure 500 megabits, but you can't get that speed everywhere in the FIOS network because they didn't build the network properly for high capacity & density at the same time. Boo Hoo..

It honestly feels at times they don't want to be in the non-enterprise level game and are just letting their residential and small-business grade stuff die.

bohratom
Jersey Shore is back again.

join:2011-07-07
Red Bank NJ
reply to amarryat

They just started offering me a free month to upgrade. Im happy with my 25/25 and will just wait and see if they upgrade everyone for free like they did when I had 15/5.

kingdome74
Let's Go Orange
Premium
join:2002-03-27
Syracuse, NY
kudos:5
reply to amarryat

Heck, I already have 50/25 and I get all kinds of email and messages on my set top.
--
I fail to never disappoint.

just lou

join:2008-05-16
Staten Island, NY

1 recommendation

reply to amarryat

There is no way they should expect people to pay to go from 35/35 to 50/25.

Jcink

join:2005-12-19
none
reply to amarryat

I don't get phone calls or emails but every time I sign into my verizon business account, there's a special offer to upgrade to fios quantum. $30 more a month offer to upgrade on top of the $150/m I'm now paying... yeah no thanks. I'm happy with my symmetric 35mbit service from Verizon as well so for that price it's not even worth it.

birdfeedr
Premium,MVM
join:2001-08-11
Warwick, RI
kudos:9
reply to amarryat

It's possible to call customer service and have your marketing preferences set. It's also possible to do that online. I don't receive calls because I set my privacy preferences a long time ago.

It's possible that if you set them when you had Phone Essentials, that they were reset when you went to Digital Voice. In that case, you need to re-establish your preferences.

OwlSaver
OwlSaver
Premium
join:2005-01-30
Berwyn, PA
reply to amarryat

Same boat here. I get calls and pop ups on all my boxes. It is getting really annoying. I am on 35/35 and BPON. Until they can offer me at least 70/70 I have no reason to change. (I know it will not be symmetrical, but I want to at least double each of the speeds)

mikev
Premium
join:2002-05-04
Leesburg, VA
Reviews:
·Comcast
·Verizon FiOS
·Callcentric
reply to amarryat

I'd love to upgrade to 50/25... but the max I can get is 30/5 since I'm on a BPON MDU with VDSL setup. The commercials on TV don't bother me (I don't have a Verizon STB, so don't know if they're doing other promos and whatnot with them)... but since I can't upgrade to anything faster, I haven't seen much else in the way of ads, postal mail, or email about upgrading.

jh28

@bankofamerica.com
reply to amarryat

just got a new computer yesterday and installed the fios in home agent on it last night. What popped up 30 minutes later? a pop up box trying to get me to upgrade to quantum.