Search similar:

uniqs

G00SE
Premium Member
join:2003-03-07
Conroe, TX

G00SE

Premium Member

[Phish] Chase, FedEx, Wells Fargo, DSL, PayPal, etc....

Click for full size
Spammers Paradise !
This is my first post here, and I've included a shot of the spam I receive on a private account, to illustrate that
by tightening up SpamAssasin's threshold (default score of 5 changed to 4), and proper blacklisting of domains, key words, subject, and whitelisting of e-mails that are valid.
With my ISP's e-mail accounts, I receive very little spam, as if I'm not mistaken, Suddenlink does a good job of
filtering e-mail going through their mail server.
I realize not everyone has Spamassasin, or use other products, but it seems to work really good for me.
(note: I did read the rules, stating that this is not a spam posting forum, to submit them, which I will do;
rather, I posted the pic to show the variety of pure junk that I receive).

nwrickert
Mod
join:2004-09-04
Geneva, IL

nwrickert

Mod

Yes, tools such as SpamAssassin do a pretty good job. However, they are not 100% perfect. So you still need to be wary, and to be able to tell when email is suspicious.

G00SE
Premium Member
Conroe, TX

G00SE

Premium Member

Very much agreed ! Spammers seem to be endless in pulling 'rabbits' from their hats as new software
and ways of doing things change, and believe me, they do keep up with it !

NormanS
I gave her time to steal my mind away
MVM
join:2001-02-14
San Jose, CA
TP-Link TD-8616
Asus RT-AC66U B1
Netgear FR114P

NormanS to G00SE

MVM

to G00SE
My ISP, Sonic.net, LLC, uses SpamAssassin, Spamhaus, and their own home built filters. They also have a "Graymail" option (for ambiguous results), and a "Spam" folder. So far I have had no spam delivered to the Inbox; one to "Graymail".

I also have a 14-year-old Outlook.com (formerly Hotmail), and a 14-year-old Yahoo! Mail account. I had exposed both to spammers before I learned how to avoid doing so. Both are very good at sequestering spam to their respective "junk" folders; so I rarely (once every 3 to 4 months) get spam to the respective Inboxes.

I have some indication, from certain spam support forums, that ESP/ISP filters drive spammers nuts.

Doctor Olds
I Need A Remedy For What's Ailing Me.
Premium Member
join:2001-04-19
1970 442 W30

Doctor Olds

Premium Member

said by NormanS:

I have some indication, from certain spam support forums, that ESP/ISP filters drive spammers nuts.

And that is known as "a very good thing".

G00SE
Premium Member
Conroe, TX

G00SE

Premium Member

Yeah, that's known as a great thing !! I'm interested in trying OpenBSD's "greylisting". I really think that would drive a spammer crazy, or tie up a lot of his time.....