uniqs

Msradell
Premium Member
join:2008-12-25
Louisville, KY

Msradell

Premium Member

[IE] Problems playing CNN videos in IE

Videos from CNN constantly stutter or don't play when I tried to run them using IE. I've tried IE 10, 9 and 8 with the same results. However if I use Google Chrome CNN videos play fine. I don't have any trouble with YouTube or any other videos using IE, just those from CNN.

I tried changing every setting I can think of but have not been able to make any improvements. Does anybody have any ideas?

I'm running Windows 7x64 home premium on a laptop with a i5 processor and a 16 GB of RAM. My Internet connection speed is 12mb and quite consistent.

Oregonian
Premium Member
join:2000-12-21
West Linn, OR

Oregonian

Premium Member

I just went to the CNN home page and played a video with IE10 no problem. Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium.

Dr Tweak
join:2004-09-23
Chesapeake, VA

Dr Tweak to Msradell

to Msradell
Most likely your blocking their ads, also try updating Flash and Shockwave Players. Are you using any TPL lists? If so disable them and see if the videos work, or possibly your hosts file.

Msradell
Premium Member
Louisville, KY

Msradell

Premium Member

said by Dr Tweak:

Most likely your blocking their ads, also try updating Flash and Shockwave Players. Are you using any TPL lists? If so disable them and see if the videos work, or possibly your hosts file.

I tried completely removing flash player and shockwave players and reinstalling them without luck. I'm not using any TPL lists nor and blocking software. The funny thing is that the video ads play okay, the problem only starts when the actual video I want to watch starts playing.

Dr Tweak
join:2004-09-23
Chesapeake, VA

Dr Tweak to Msradell

to Msradell
Try uninstalling Flash and Shockwave Players then use the Flash Player Uninstaller »www.majorgeeks.com/files ··· ler.html

and the Shockware Uninstaller
»www.majorgeeks.com/files ··· ler.html

Then reinstall both.

I have seen Flash and Shockwave crashing just as you are describing and uninstall then reinstall won't fix it, but by using the uninstallers then reinstalling they work.

Msradell
Premium Member
Louisville, KY

Msradell

Premium Member

said by Dr Tweak:

Try uninstalling Flash and Shockwave Players then use the Flash Player Uninstaller »www.majorgeeks.com/files ··· ler.html

and the Shockware Uninstaller
»www.majorgeeks.com/files ··· ler.html

Then reinstall both.

I have seen Flash and Shockwave crashing just as you are describing and uninstall then reinstall won't fix it, but by using the uninstallers then reinstalling they work.

I've already tried that but I will try it again. It's frustrating that the ads will play fine, but the videos won't.
gimme_a_br8k
Premium Member
join:2002-09-16
Lyons, GA

1 edit

gimme_a_br8k to Msradell

Premium Member

to Msradell
Here is an interesting link that might help.

»www.cnn.com/feedback/hel ··· gin.html