Tell me more x
, there is a new speed test available. Give it a try, leave feedback!
dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc

spacer

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Snakeoil
Ignore Button. The coward's feature.
Premium
join:2000-08-05
Mentor, OH
kudos:1

Star Trek: Renegades [release date of 2014]

»www.imdb.com/title/tt2621446/

quote:
It is nearly ten years after Voyager's return from the Delta Quadrant, and the Federation is in a crisis. The Federation's main suppliers of dilithium crystals are disappearing. Space and time have folded around several planets, effectively isolating them from any contact with outside worlds. And this phenomenon is not natural - someone or something is causing this to happen. This necessitates drastic measures; some of which are outside the Federation's normal jurisdiction. For this, Admiral Pavel Chekov, head of Starfleet Intelligence, turns to Commander Tuvok, Voyager's former security officer and current head of the newly reorganized Section 31. Tuvok must put together a new covert, renegade crew - mostly outcasts and rogues - even criminals. This new crew is tasked with finding out what is causing the folding of time and space, and stopping it - at all costs. But will they be able to put aside their differences and stop trying to kill one another in time to accomplish their mission?

»startrekrenegades.com/home/

»www.youtube.com/watch?v= ··· NI#at=31

--
Is a person a failure for doing nothing? Or is he a failure for trying, and not succeeding at what he is attempting to do? What did you fail at today?.

Octavean
Premium,MVM
join:2001-03-31
New York, NY
Awwww $#!t,.....

Looking forward to this!

Although I, still not sure what it is. It has a great case but for all I know these could be voice actors in a CGI, animated or video game production,....

Is this a live action production?

Snakeoil
Premium
Mentor, OH

1 edit
I think it's live action. They held a kickstarter for 200k, and raised it. I think their intent is to show it to CBS and hopefully get a TV or web series going, with CBS backing.

They did one before called Star Trek: Gods and Men.
»startrekofgodsandmen.com/main/

Here is the link to the Full Gods and Men movie:

»www.youtube.com/watch?v= ··· AME7dx58

From what I've seen, they use a lot of cheap CGI, but can that be held against them? After all, look at how bad some of the STOS sets were, but it was acceptable.
--
Is a person a failure for doing nothing? Or is he a failure for trying, and not succeeding at what he is attempting to do? What did you fail at today?.

Voxxjin
Made of Hamburger
Premium
join:2010-01-13
Dupont, WA
Reviews:
·CenturyLink
said by Snakeoil:

They did one before called Star Trek: Gods and Men.
»startrekofgodsandmen.com/main/

Thanks for linking that. I might have to watch it one night.
--
Cry "Havoc!" and let slip the dogs of war

Alpha Phoenix
Premium
join:2001-06-15
Brooklyn, NY
reply to Snakeoil
It's not the same without Janeway, and Seven of Nine.

GlennAllen
Sunny with highs in the 80s
Premium
join:2002-11-17
Richmond, VA
reply to Snakeoil
Idunno... Chekov being head of "Starfleet Intelligence" sounds too "B5" to me.

HELLFIRE
Premium
join:2009-11-25
kudos:21
reply to Snakeoil
Umm, wasn't one of the basic items in the TNG bible that natural dilithum no longer needed to be mined?[/Star Trek nitpick mode off]

Also, maybe its because I haven't seen Walter K in anything since his Bester / B5 days, but I got the feeling
that was who he was channeling at the time

...I will give them credit due that this has alot more imagination than what's coming out of Hollywood these
days backstory-wise...

Regards

join:2013-07-08
MA
reply to GlennAllen
said by GlennAllen:

How does intelligence correspond to being a psi cop?

GlennAllen
Premium
Richmond, VA
Reviews:
·Comcast
·Verizon FiOS
Invasive shadowy organization trying to creep into every crevice of your mind and existence? (think "NSA")

(Of course, you may be using "intelligence" facetiously, while I was just being descriptive. )

Maybe it's just me, and every time I see WK I just see Bester?

MA
said by GlennAllen:

Invasive shadowy organization trying to creep into every crevice of your mind and existence? (think "NSA")

(Of course, you may be using "intelligence" facetiously, while I was just being descriptive. )

Maybe it's just me, and every time I see WK I just see Bester?

When you put it that way I can see the connection. Now I want to go re-watch B5 again. Damn you!

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in
kudos:2
reply to Snakeoil
Went through the website, looks like the hired a ton of eye candy this time around.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX
kudos:3
reply to Alpha Phoenix
said by Alpha Phoenix:

Ya need 7 Of 9 for sure
--
semper idem
1KTzRMxN1a2ATrtAAvbmEnMBoY3E2kHtyv

MA
said by DarkLogix:

said by Alpha Phoenix:

Ya need 7 Of 9 for sure

She's busy with another show ,"Body of Proof", so I doubt she could do it.

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium
join:2001-01-02
Forest Grove, OR
kudos:4
said by 02778712:

said by DarkLogix:

said by Alpha Phoenix:

Ya need 7 Of 9 for sure

She's busy with another show ,"Body of Proof", so I doubt she could do it.

Show was canceled, IIRC.
--
♬ Dragon of good fortune struggles with the trickster Fox ♬

MA
reply to Alpha Phoenix
said by Alpha Phoenix:

I can't stand Kate Mulgrew. The first time I seen her in WH13 I was pissed. Luckily she's a very very minor character in WH13.

GlennAllen
Premium
Richmond, VA
Reviews:
·Comcast
·Verizon FiOS
reply to 02778712
said by 02778712:

Now I want to go re-watch B5 again.

Alright! ...now I have plans for the weekend! [woo-hoo]

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium
Somewhere in
Reviews:
·VMedia
reply to GlennAllen
said by GlennAllen:

Exactly how does a navigation officer rise to the head of Intelligence?

GlennAllen
Premium
Richmond, VA
Must have used his Psi powers.

Octavean
Premium,MVM
join:2001-03-31
New York, NY
reply to Alpha Phoenix
Janeway is in Netflix jail (Orange is the new Black)

SixOfNine
Brake In A Ladylike Manner.
Premium
join:2001-08-30
Sterling, VA
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
said by Octavean:

Janeway is in Netflix jail (Orange is the new Black)

Good series, too.
--
Leave the gun. Take the cannoli.

LocutusBorg
Premium
join:2005-12-25
Revere, MA
reply to elwoodblues
said by elwoodblues:

said by GlennAllen:

He moved from Nav. to Security. Became Head of Security. Then moved to Intelligence. Im sure you can figure it out from there

MA
said by LocutusBorg:

said by elwoodblues:

said by GlennAllen:

He moved from Nav. to Security. Became Head of Security. Then moved to Intelligence. Im sure you can figure it out from there

Chekov also substitutes for Mr. Spock at the science officer station when necessary. His promotion to lieutenant for Star Trek: The Motion Picture brings with it his transfer as the ship's tactical officer and chief of security. By the events of Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan, Chekov has been promoted to commander and executive officer aboard the USS Reliant. Novels written by William Shatner detail that Chekov reaches the rank of Admiral, and even serves as Commander in Chief of Starfleet.

Overtkill
Premium
join:2005-09-21
Magna, UT

1 recommendation

reply to Snakeoil
Umm, The timeline doesn't work out here. Wasn't there roughly 80 years between Star Trek: TOS and the Next Generation crew. McCoy was a 127 Year old fossil in the first episode of TNG. How is it that Chekov is still alive at this point?

Snakeoil
Premium
Mentor, OH
I think he was "baby" of the STOS crew. The rest were in their late 20's early 30's, where as Chekov was in his early to mid 20's.
McCoy may have been older, like maybe in his mid 30's.
--

GlennAllen
Premium
Richmond, VA
Chekov was fresh out of the Academy. Bones was in his mid 40s.

MA
reply to Overtkill
said by Overtkill:

Umm, The timeline doesn't work out here. Wasn't there roughly 80 years between Star Trek: TOS and the Next Generation crew. McCoy was a 127 Year old fossil in the first episode of TNG. How is it that Chekov is still alive at this point?

Yet Scotty was kicking just fine in ST:TNG due to a transporter buffer.
"No bloody A, B, C, or D." - Scotty (ST:TNG season 6 episode 4)

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium
Somewhere in
Reviews:
·VMedia
reply to Snakeoil
said by Snakeoil:

what I've seen, they use a lot of cheap CGI, but can that be held against them? After all, look at how bad some of the STOS sets were, but it was acceptable.

It was the 60',ff 50yrs I expect much better.

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium
Somewhere in
Reviews:
·VMedia
reply to Overtkill
So going through the wiiki's, TOS ended the year 2269, Voyager ended 2378 so we're already at 109.

Renegade takes place 10-yrs after Voyager ended, so that's 119 yrs after TOS.

and lets assume Chekov was in his 20's , so we're talking a nearly 150yr old man in charge of "INTELLIGENCE"?
--
No, I didn't. Honest... I ran out of gas. I... I had a flat tire. I didn't have enough money for cab fare. My tux didn't come back from the cleaners. An old friend came in from out of town. Someone stole my car. There was an earthquake.......

MA

4 edits
said by elwoodblues:

So going through the wiiki's, TOS ended the year 2269, Voyager ended 2378 so we're already at 109.

Renegade takes place 10-yrs after Voyager ended, so that's 119 yrs after TOS.

and lets assume Chekov was in his 20's , so we're talking a nearly 150yr old man in charge of "INTELLIGENCE"?

Scotty was born in 2222 then trapped in a transported in 2294. Later he was rescued in 2369 (ST:TNG) at the physical age of 72 and actual age of 147! So yes Scotty could have become a 147 year old in Starfleet. It's plausible Chekov has something happen to him as well. Maybe with the reboot that makes it so Chekov was in the Dyson Sphere instead of Scotty so Chekov returns from the transport buffer. Since he was born in 2245 that would make him 124 but physically 49 in 2369 so in 2388 he would be 68 physically. That gives him 19 years to advance from Commander/USS Reliant First Officer to Admiral/Head of Starfleet Intelligence. It could be an alternate reality Chekov as well. I'm sure a team of writers can come up with a few other plausible ideas.
Expand your moderator at work