All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
internalaudi
join:2012-02-29

1 edit

internalaudi

Receiving credit for receiving 1/10th of subscribed speed?

I just recently signed up with Electronic Box and got my line installed Monday. I was with Bell's Fibe 25/10 and because Electronic Box will be using Bell's network, I figured I might as well give it a try (same speed -25/10) especially with the stellar customer service reviews posted here on DSL Reports. I would never go back to Teksavvy even if they were 50% less than Electronic Box because I realized their Tech Support always blame Bell or me for the slowdown and their line stat testing is really useless because they can see me having a noisy line whether I'm experiencing fast or slow internet speed (not sure how that adds value to troubleshooting!).

My service is already on its fourth day and I'm still only getting 2.5/0.6 Mbps, about a tenth of what I am paying for. I have been told that Bell mistakenly placed me on the lowest speed profile Monday when the technician came to fix or switch the line. It takes about 48 hours to get me to the right profile and that came due this morning. Still, the issue hasn't been resolved but a representative of the Tech Support will be looking into this matter more closely. I told a separate individual over the phone why not re-escalate the issue with Bell since clearly, the customer is the one suffering (we work from home a few times a week) and slow internet is no good.

So far, Electronic Box staff have been respectful and courteous and I'm very content with their demeanor. I am not a demanding customer but 1/10 (3/0.8 profile) is totally unacceptable.

In any case, hoping that Electronix Box will give me some credit for not getting close to the advertised / subscribed internet speed. It may have been Bell's fault but then again, Electronic Box may not have given Bell and the third party (Centel I believe) detailed instructions as to what service/speed the customer had subscribed to and what profile to place him/her on.

I'm hoping this matter gets resolved soon and I'd appreciate if I can receive some credit for putting up with this terrible experience.

Thanks for hearing me out.

BingoRingo
join:2010-03-29
Gatineau, QC

BingoRingo

I know that Bell wouldn't give you any credit because the advertised speed says "up to 25/10", so technically even at 0.1/0.1 they are still respecting their terms, so I don't want you to have high hopes here.

Especially so if it's just 48 hours and you have basic internet working.
internalaudi

internalaudi

said by BingoRingo:

I know that Bell wouldn't give you any credit because the advertised speed says "up to 25/10", so technically even at 0.1/0.1 they are still respecting their terms, so I don't want you to have high hopes here.

Especially so if it's just 48 hours and you have basic internet working.

Thanks for chiming in but I'm not dealing with Bell here though. When I was at Bell, I was getting 25/7 instead of 25/10 and I never asked for my upload speed to hit 10.

Basic internet costs less over at all ISP's which is why I am raising the possibility of receiving a credit if this doesn't get resolved by late next week (close to half a month of service). Asking courteously if there's a possibility of being billed at the lower rate isn't tantamount to demanding it though. The former, I would consider civilized; the latter, I'd say obnoxious and downright despicable.

I'm not forcing the issue but just wanted to let Electronic Box know they should improve their installation and set up process to minimize these things from happening to future customers. As long as they can prove to Bell that it was its technicians that screwed up, they will not be dinged any Bell charges.

Still escalating the matter over at Bell would probably do no one harm since Electronic Box is paying Bell while I'm paying Electronic Box so Bell has the duty to provide service to Electronic Box and set me up on the right profile while EB has the responsibility to provide me with the service (or close enough) I'm paying for.

Again, I'm not insisting.

eboxnat1
join:2011-05-06
Montreal, QC

eboxnat1 to internalaudi

to internalaudi
Normally before we evaluate any credit request we ask that our client waits until the whole issue is resolved. I would suggest the same for you

But I do have a question. 2.5/0.6mbps sounds fishy, normally that is a profile reserved for "dead" loops. Is your previous subscription with bell fully finished? It is possible that it is only the inside loop that was not correctly set up on the inside jack. It is something we see often if the Telecon tech is not advised that there is currently/was previously another ADLS service, he/she simply grabs the wire pair that shows a signal.

I can take a look at the issue if you PM me your client # and give some more information, I can check if the mistake was in fact ours or from the installation/network (don't worry, I'm honest :P)... but please note that I will not be back in the office until Sunday morning.

Best of luck with the service call!!
internalaudi

2 edits

internalaudi

EDIT: Okay, you are not back until Sunday Morning Natasha. Hoping to hear back from you during the week.

=====

Hi Eboxnat,

I sent you a private message but did not hear back from you.

Have you had the chance to look into the issue?

Bell called yesterday around noon and told me they will be sending a technician to work the line Saturday morning. I was surprised they'll be dispatching a technician on a Saturday but did get confirmation that one will be coming over. The Bell representative I spoke to the phone even asked for our primary contact number just in case.

Today, I stayed at home expecting the technician but no one from Bell came by. I did receive a call at 11:30 but Bell hanged up after the third ring and didn't bother calling me again. I tried to call the number but the toll free number wasn't a direct line but the regular Bell customer call in line. I checked outside right after the call and still no sign of a Bell representative. This is getting to extremely frustrating with empty promises from Bell. Hoping your company can escalate this issue so that responsible technicians can get reprimanded or at least get some slapping on the wrist. This is very poor customer service on their part.

I am seriously expecting to pay less than $30.95/month prorated while my service is slow as .... as I'm only getting 2.5/0.5 and your lowest service is 6/0.8 in Ontario:
»www.electronicbox.net/en ··· kages-2/

Please, please resolve this issue as soon as possible.

Thank you.
internalaudi

internalaudi

Okay, so a Bell Technician, a summer hire came by late this afternoon, and was able to switch me back to the correct DSL line.

I'm getting the right speed now. I can't believe how the other two full-time Bell technicians couldn't get it right. The first technician (Monday on installation date) likely never even bother performing a sync test while the second one (Thursday morning) couldn't get me back to the right DSL line.

I'm impressed with this Bell summer hire.

Problem so far resolved.