Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Daniel8802

join:2004-07-09
Sewell, NJ

Comcast Filters

Hi Everyone,

How is the X1/AnyRoom DVR filter supposed to work? For example ...

I have 2 Main X1 DVR Units in the house (one in the bedroom, one in the family room). What I want to happen is the family room DVR to send out to the 3 companion boxes but not the second main DVR in the bedroom. Right now that is kind of happening.

There is a filter installed on the box in the bedroom, however the recorded programs are still showing up in the living room X1 DVR section but with a "!" next to the title. I do not want the programs to appear at all in the guide -- is this possible?

I want the bedroom DVR to be all by itself with the X1 features. I do not want the recored programs showing up at all on the companion boxes or on the living room dvr.

novanosis

join:2011-02-21
kudos:1
said by Daniel8802:

Hi Everyone,

How is the X1/AnyRoom DVR filter supposed to work? For example ...

I have 2 Main X1 DVR Units in the house (one in the bedroom, one in the family room). What I want to happen is the family room DVR to send out to the 3 companion boxes but not the second main DVR in the bedroom. Right now that is kind of happening.

There is a filter installed on the box in the bedroom, however the recorded programs are still showing up in the living room X1 DVR section but with a "!" next to the title. I do not want the programs to appear at all in the guide -- is this possible?

I want the bedroom DVR to be all by itself with the X1 features. I do not want the recored programs showing up at all on the companion boxes or on the living room dvr.

I'm starting to think that even though the filter is in place the info the boxes are picking up is in the cloud and not from the DVR through mocha. Only the recordings are through mocha.

Does the companion boxes have an option to chose which DVR to pick up recordings from..settings>preferences>general>default DVR ?

Daniel8802

Sewell, NJ
Yes, the companion boxes do have the option to chose where to pickup the DVR recordings from. Right now I have it set to family room (since I do not want the bedroom recordings to show up). The odd part is when I go to look at which place I want to pick up the recordings from, it has 2 options named 'living room' and I don't even have a box named 'living room.' Is there a way to resync all of this?

I guess the cloud does make sense that it would be pulling that info down. Is there anyway to turn that feature off or not since it is all on the same account?

novanosis

said by Daniel8802:

Yes, the companion boxes do have the option to chose where to pickup the DVR recordings from. Right now I have it set to family room (since I do not want the bedroom recordings to show up). The odd part is when I go to look at which place I want to pick up the recordings from, it has 2 options named 'living room' and I don't even have a box named 'living room.' Is there a way to resync all of this?

I guess the cloud does make sense that it would be pulling that info down. Is there anyway to turn that feature off or not since it is all on the same account?

Try naming both your dvrs and then reboot them from the settings page. Then reboot the companion boxes.

Right now I do not know of a work around but will try and get more info on this problem.

Daniel8802

Sewell, NJ
By reboot, do you mean access the restart option from the settings menu?
--
Rigel Astronomy

novanosis

said by Daniel8802:

Yep, after you rename all your boxes reboot them(restart)

novanosis

reply to Daniel8802
said by Daniel8802:

Also this might only work with new recordings. So check on a new recording showing up only from the main DVR. The current recordings might still show from both dvrs, but I believe any new recordings will only show from the selected DVR.

Daniel8802

Sewell, NJ

1 edit
Thanks!! One side question ... on my one companion box, the data/envelope light is on. What does that mean?
--
Rigel Astronomy

novanosis

said by Daniel8802:

Thanks!! One side question ... on my one companion box, the data/envelope light is on. What does that mean?

I'm not sure for the x1 equipment. I'm interested to find out as soon as I can.

aabaaf

join:2011-12-09
Lombard, IL
reply to Daniel8802
All according to Tier 2 techs, that take care of support tickets if you have 2 X1 DVR's at present there is no way to separate the recordings list. All recordings will be listed together, and the option is only to tell the companion boxes where to record. Again at this time you cannot seperate the boxes, and only have these 3 companion boxes talk to 1 DVR, and the rest of the companion boxes talk to another, and only show that DVR's programs. I have asked that a request to the higher ups do this, as I have 2 X1 DVR's, and 1 companion, and only want the companion to see the main DVR. Also only want the main DVR to see itself, and the seperate DVR to see itself. If you have the Anyroom feature, for the time being this his how it is, according to them across all of Comcast, for those that have X1 Anyroom.

sgc

join:2011-11-02
Naperville, IL
I like the way it is set up right now. It is like having a headless DVR for the whole house; like a true whole-home DVR, where you can access all the recordings and do all the DVR-y stuff in every room. I myself have two XG1s and two companions; I just wanted the additional XG1 so I would have more recording space and the ability to timeshift liveTV in that room.

However, I do understand and sympathize with those who would want a different setup. As long as Comcast can accommodate everyone's ideal setups, that would be great.

Daniel8802

Sewell, NJ
reply to aabaaf
Since I can't hide the programs, I guess I should just take the filter off ... No real point of it, right?
--
Rigel Astronomy
Expand your moderator at work

Sean White

@comcast.net

1 edit
reply to aabaaf

Re: Comcast Filters

said by aabaaf:

All according to Tier 2 techs, that take care of support tickets if you have 2 X1 DVR's at present there is no way to separate the recordings list. All recordings will be listed together, and the option is only to tell the companion boxes where to record. Again at this time you cannot seperate the boxes, and only have these 3 companion boxes talk to 1 DVR, and the rest of the companion boxes talk to another, and only show that DVR's programs. I have asked that a request to the higher ups do this, as I have 2 X1 DVR's, and 1 companion, and only want the companion to see the main DVR. Also only want the main DVR to see itself, and the seperate DVR to see itself. If you have the Anyroom feature, for the time being this his how it is, according to them across all of Comcast, for those that have X1 Anyroom.

Others have asked about this before on the Comcast forum and the response was they have no intention in changing this, and that the S26 boxes are still available which will keep the recording lists seperate.

sortofageek
Runs from Clowns
Premium,Mod
join:2001-08-19
kudos:23
Site Posting Rules are here: »Site FAQ »What are the Rules on Posting?

They apply to everyone.

sortofageek See Profile
Moderator, Comcast Forums
--
Join Team Helix * I am praying for these friends .

aabaaf

join:2011-12-09
Lombard, IL
reply to Sean White
The S26 boxes? Are they widely available? Are they available in the Chicago metro market?
Expand your moderator at work

Mike Wolf

join:2009-05-24
Beachwood, NJ
kudos:4
reply to aabaaf

Re: Comcast Filters

The S26 boxes as what Sean is referring to is the DVR's running the S26 I-Guide software. »forums.comcast.com/comcastsuppor···ssue.PNG

It has been said on the Comcast forums that at some point Comcast wants to move the current generation of DVR's such as the Motorola and Cisco RNG200N DVR's onto the X1 platform, however it's a little unknown as to just how they plan to do that. If you are curious about the S26 guide software update, you should check out the Comcast forum at »forums.comcast.com/t5/XfinityTV-···/1501473
and submit your question there as Ted may be able to better help you since he has better access to the schedules.
--
I'm always up for a good chat and helping with tech problems.

Mike Wolf

join:2009-05-24
Beachwood, NJ
kudos:4
reply to Daniel8802
I do hope that wouldn't be the filter at the point of entry on your line as that could cause problems with not only the quality of service of others in your area, but also yourself, which wouldn't be idealistic for anyone.
--
I'm always up for a good chat and helping with tech problems.