MJB

join:2012-01-29
Reviews:
·VMedia
·ACN DSL

Reason for No FTTH

Reason For NO FTTH .... In Canada

1) Companies Don't Want To Spend A Dime with Investment in FTTH
2) Make Excuses That They Can't Lay Fiber To Your House - Example Fiber Can Go Down The Road Way - Dig A Trench With A Tunnel Machine - Seen It On Youtube
3) If They Keep On Screwing People They Won't Have A Company....

High Costs = Lost of Customers = Higher Costs = More Flipping Customers Leave //// Repeat cycle until internet cost 4000 dollars a month

Finally Reason = Sheeple Are Stupid
Expand your moderator at work

LazMan
Premium
join:2003-03-26
canada

2 recommendations

reply to MJB

Re: Reason for No FTTH

Hey Mods - can this guy get an envelope or something for beating the same drum over and over in every thread he starts and/or posts in??

Guspaz
Guspaz
Premium,MVM
join:2001-11-05
Montreal, QC
kudos:23
reply to MJB
Lots of people in Canada have FTTH. Bell, for their part, is heavily investing in it. They've managed to already convert most of the maritimes to FTTH.
--
Latest version of CapSavvy systray usage checker: »CapSavvy v4.2 released!

HiVolt
Premium
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON
kudos:21
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·TekSavvy Cable
Its easier in the maritimes because the infrastructure is mostly aerial. same in Quebec.

Here in Toronto my street is all underground, i'll be lucky to get FTTH within 10 years, despite new fiber pulled on the main road 200m away.
--

Gone
Premium
join:2011-01-24
Fort Erie, ON
kudos:4
said by HiVolt:

Its easier in the maritimes because the infrastructure is mostly aerial. same in Quebec.

... and Northern Ontario, hence Sudbury, Sault Ste Marie and North Bay.

There's a chunk of FTTH in Southern Ontario, it's all just new construction.

MJB

reply to MJB
show me the proof... coaxial and copper at my house. no fiber... older neighborhood

reboot

@cgocable.net
Maybe you should move to a new sub-division if you are so eager for FTTH, lots of new builds are ussing FTTH, it just turns back to coax in the enclosure.

So whats you're complaint?

Or you can move to a tiny town like Palmerston or Hanover where you can get real FTTH, but then you will have to deal with not being remotely close to any big city.

MJB

Reviews:
·VMedia
·ACN DSL
kinda hard if your short on cash.... 100 a month max... to invest... no job...

grand total received is 900.... this amount could be invested for youtube....

parents
still trying to move out... tough..

FTTHTechie

@pathcom.com
reply to Guspaz
said by Guspaz:

Lots of people in Canada have FTTH. Bell, for their part, is heavily investing in it. They've managed to already convert most of the maritimes to FTTH.

Alberta has Telus FTTH infastructure along with Saskatchewan (2011-2017 FTTH rollout) and Manitoba in addition to the Maritimes.

MJB is correct however though in that Ontario/Quebec are lacking in scale and size of FTTH deployments compared to Bell Aliant or Sasktel's deployment.

Gone
Premium
Fort Erie, ON
Bell Canada has lots of FTTH - just not in Ontario.

It's worth noting that people who only have $100/month extra to "invest" couldn't afford to pay for any of the high-speed FTTH tiers, anyway.

LazMan
Premium
canada
reply to MJB
Can you restate that, only using full sentences, and complete thoughts?

creed3020
Premium
join:2006-04-26
Kitchener, ON
kudos:2
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
His life would be a living hell if his keyboard had no period key, otherwise how would all of his thoughts be connected?

But seriously, on topic, the incumbents balance building out new networks while trying to get every last cent out of existing investments. For example, I am on cable because my area is CO fed for DSL which results in low speeds available. Bell won't upgrade my area because that old copper still brings in $$$$ each and every month.

MJB

hell.. it would be nice if people knew the difference between megabits per second and megabytes per second
mbits = Megabits
MBs = Megabytes
8mbits = 1 MB/s

Gone
Premium
Fort Erie, ON
reply to MJB
Where's that envelope?

martyb

join:2013-05-18
Wemindji, QC
reply to MJB
said by MJB:

hell.. it would be nice if people knew the difference between reality and fiction

fixed it for you. Just reading the "review" you left for ACN makes me wonder why people bother to even reply to these unidirectional discussions...

don't subscribe to [ISP_name_Here] because Google fiber will "maybe" come to Canada?

hum.

You would think there would be a dozen reasons why to choose another ISP over ACN, none of them would be that waiting for unobtanium fiber from Google would be one of them....

MJB

i got cable now for 2 months... money... is the problem...

noneed4name

@anonymouse.org
reply to FTTHTechie
said by FTTHTechieAlberta has Telus FTTH infastructure along with Saskatchewan (2011-2017 FTTH rollout) and Manitoba in addition to the Maritimes.

[/BQUOTE :

Im in MB and have not seen or heard of any fttp/h rollouts beit shaw/mts or a mom and pop isp. Do you have a link on where these rollouts are and by who?

FTTHTechie

@pathcom.com
said by noneed4name :

said by FTTHTechieAlberta has Telus FTTH infastructure along with Saskatchewan (2011-2017 FTTH rollout) and Manitoba in addition to the Maritimes.

[/BQUOTE :

Im in MB and have not seen or heard of any fttp/h rollouts beit shaw/mts or a mom and pop isp. Do you have a link on where these rollouts are and by who?

SaskTel - Infinet FTTH (»www.sasktel.com/personal/infiNET···ity.html)
MTS - FiON (»www.mts.ca/mts/personal/mts+fibr···+network)

LazMan
Premium
canada
reply to MJB
said by MJB:

i got cable now for 2 months... money... is the problem...

I had lunch today... potato... dogs are cool...

MJB

k

yyzlhr

join:2012-09-03
Scarborough, ON
reply to MJB
said by MJB:

hell.. it would be nice if people knew the difference between megabits per second and megabytes per second
mbits = Megabits
MBs = Megabytes
8mbits = 1 MB/s

said by MJB:

parents

Maybe you can start a consulting business and educate all Canadians on the difference and become a millionaire and start rolling out FTTH for all of us?

somrandomguy

@distributel.net
reply to MJB
said by MJB:

parents

Fiber isn't free. Sorry you think you're entitled to it.

Do you know how many millions it costs to trench? Getting right of way, permissions to dig, rip up existing roads, houses, office buildings, making sure it doesnt destroy existing buried cables/gas/water pipes? Do you know how long it takes to do that? It's not like they go ok let's give FTTH and next week it's done.

Next the company has to calculate how long it will takes torealize a profit on that investment... If it's just you and 2 friends in an area that would buy it, well they won't even look at it. You need to let them know you're interested, not us.

Move out of your parents basement and learn there isn't such a thing as a free lunch.

With that said, FTTH is available in lots of places in Canada. It's easier to lay for new developments than bring it to places 50 years old.

MJB

Reviews:
·VMedia
·ACN DSL
reply to MJB
kinda hard if you are stuck with asd.... neurotypicals are hard to communicate to..
most of my family won't switch...
i'm the one that pays for my cable internet

the question is... is it possible to educate people... what about the money...
can't even get hired to make money... on odsp... i'll be willing to educate people..

mrdylanblue

join:2013-02-27
Brampton, ON
Reviews:
·Bell Fibe
·TekSavvy Cable
reply to Gone
said by Gone:

There's a chunk of FTTH in Southern Ontario, it's all just new construction.

I can confirm this. Im in Brampton in a 2 (ish) year old house, and I currently have FTTH service with bell. Although, go a couple mins down the road, and it's mostly FTTN.

zacsaunders

join:2012-05-12
reply to MJB
God everytime I read a post by this guy I want to beat my head against a wall... how is he even aloud to troll this much without a ban?

MJB

Reviews:
·VMedia
·ACN DSL
reply to mrdylanblue
why are older house's discluded.... like 10 - 50 years old or more....
how hard is it to lay fiber... i bet you can go under the street... with the fiber... god... at least cable is part fiber in my area... still have the dsl if cable is having problems
Expand your moderator at work

zacsaunders

join:2012-05-12
reply to MJB

Re: Reason for No FTTH

Because the cost? Why would they upgrade the technology when people are dishing out money for what they currently have.

NotLuke

join:2013-07-27
Saint Petersburg, FL
reply to MJB
said by MJB:

why are older house's discluded.... like 10 - 50 years old or more....
how hard is it to lay fiber... i bet you can go under the street... with the fiber... god... at least cable is part fiber in my area... still have the dsl if cable is having problems

Your face looks like a shit I just took. Gotta love that fiber diet.