CBS Sports Network HD
ESPN Goal Line/Buzzer Beater HD
Playboy HD

some of those are already on Charter in Texas:
ThrillerMAX HD East
Epix HD East

other systems are already carrying:
ESPN Goal Line/Buzzer Beater HD

Also is Charter going to leave Malibu out in the cold for new HD adds? They are 750MHz and should be getting the same additions but are not mentioned in the press release. Seems that Charter is also leaving out the Saint Luis Obispo area as well which is 750MHz I am guessing they are still working on the logistics for the 750MHz areas.

Now the Million dollar Question is will Charter add more HD channels to the Texas systems that went all digital? I don't know but they may be wanting to sit on some of that freed up bandwidth for future services such as expanding VOD to 8 QAMs and DOCSIS to 8 QAMs. Texas has an issue where about half of the systems are 870MHz and the other half are 750MHz or below and need a lot of upgrading.

The latest Channels that the North Texas systems got was Disney Jr. HD and Disney Jr. SD and I have a feeling that Goal line/buzzer Beater SD/HD aren't too far off from being added

Right Now the Texas all digital systems have 142 HD channels not too bad

RyC

join:2007-08-18
San Luis Obispo, CA
reply to baja7475
Is the San Luis Obispo system only 750 MHz? Didn't they upgrade it in 2011/2012 and added a ton of HD channels and SDV?

And I guess San Luis Obispo isn't explicitly mentioned in the article, so are we lumped in with Charter's NorCal systems?

Os

join:2011-01-26
US
reply to baja7475
Charter in TX doesn't have ThrillerMax HD or MovieMax HD. They have the rest. All of the systems got MoreMax HD and ActionMax HD when they went SDV, and TX got Max Latino HD, OuterMax HD and 5StarMax HD.

motorola870

join:2008-12-07
Arlington, TX
kudos:4
said by Os:

Charter in TX doesn't have ThrillerMax HD or MovieMax HD. They have the rest. All of the systems got MoreMax HD and ActionMax HD when they went SDV, and TX got Max Latino HD, OuterMax HD and 5StarMax HD.

sorry about that I though they did. oops I was comparing the Texas all digital lineup to the California one and I guess I just assumed that they had those sorry about that. I have ThrillerMax HD East on TWC thanks to SDV but don't have the 4 obscure (hard to find) Cinemax channels even in SD on TWC in North Texas.

motorola870

join:2008-12-07
Arlington, TX
kudos:4
reply to RyC
said by RyC:

Is the San Luis Obispo system only 750 MHz? Didn't they upgrade it in 2011/2012 and added a ton of HD channels and SDV?

And I guess San Luis Obispo isn't explicitly mentioned in the article, so are we lumped in with Charter's NorCal systems?

I don't think charter did a full rebuild to add HD channels in your area just probably moved a lot of channels to SDV to add more HD channels. I know that the FCC database showed Malibu and San Luis Obispo as 750MHz systems as of 2007-2008. Long Beach is 870MHz according to the FCC database.

now where I live TWC did a rebuild from 750MHz to 870MHz in 2008 and then added SDV in 2010 to add more HD channels to get to a total of 144 HD channels soon to be 145 HD channels with most of them being SDV there is only 22 HD channels that are not SDV on the system that I am on.

Unknown

@charter.com
reply to baja7475
Kind of sucks I do not see BBC America HD for Doctor Who and Orphan Black fans to watch in HD but I do see some new channels looks like they will add in the Glendale area kind of excited. I hope they will add also add Fearnet, I am really into Horror movies and kind of sucks that is missing, crossing my fingers and if remember reading a article online correctly by October they are suppose to add 80 new HD channels in my location but starting August they will be moving everything to Digital. Lets wait and see this is Charter we are talking about they promise many things and it never happens such as a guide update promised two years ago, not only that we still do not get access to HBO Go on Apple TV which I am still wondering why.