All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs

Grimm
join:2011-05-23

Grimm to Snakeoil

to Snakeoil

Re: Batman in the Next Superman movie

I've never really been into the comics and such so I don't know the actual story. But wouldn't Superman completely destroy Batman? I mean, Superman is basically a god from another world and Batman is essentially just a playboy techy in a cape. Unless Kryptonite is the equalizer I just don't see how it's even a competition.

hitachi369
Embrace Your Rights
Premium Member
join:2001-10-03
Cincinnati, OH

hitachi369

Premium Member

Batman will always win with prep time regardless of the opponent. In the story the other posters are talking about, Batman explains that he could have killed Superman, but didn't because he wanted him to experience what it is like to be human.

Snakeoil
Ignore Button. The coward's feature.
Premium Member
join:2000-08-05
united state

Snakeoil to Grimm

Premium Member

to Grimm
In Kingdom Come, they never actually fought. They just had separate plans, with different outcomes, though similar goals.
Heck, by the time the story Kingdom come rolls around, Superman isn't that bothered with Kryptonite any longer [no matter the color]. He is basically just short of being a god.

In the comic book, I think[I didn't read the books that this took place in], Bats had a few devices made from Kryptonite.

There is an animated Justice League movie, where the JLA is having problems fighting their enemies. The root cause was because the "secrete" file Batman had on their weaknesses had been hacked. Batman collected the intel, in case one or more of the heroes decided to go villain.
So bats knows how to stop superman and the others.

TheBionic
Funkier than a mohair disco ball.
Premium Member
join:2009-07-06
united state

TheBionic to Grimm

Premium Member

to Grimm
said by Grimm:

I've never really been into the comics and such so I don't know the actual story. But wouldn't Superman completely destroy Batman? I mean, Superman is basically a god from another world and Batman is essentially just a playboy techy in a cape. Unless Kryptonite is the equalizer I just don't see how it's even a competition.

Yeah that's the argument. Almost unlimited power vs. Bats's intellect. In a straight up boxing match, of course Batman would be in trouble. But with time to form a plan it would get interesting (and I'm sure kryptonite would play a part). I tend to still lean slightly toward Superman but it would be quite a match.

Grimm
join:2011-05-23

Grimm

Interesting points TheBionic See Profile, hitachi369 See Profile, and Snakeoil See Profile

I guess I'll just have to wait and be amazed

SixOfNine
Brake In A Ladylike Manner.
Premium Member
join:2001-08-30
Sterling, VA

SixOfNine to Grimm

Premium Member

to Grimm
said by Grimm:

If it's a death match there's so much that Superman could do from a distance, such as bore a hole through Batman's skull with heat vision, drop an asteroid on him, fly right through him in less than the blink of an eye, etc., right?

If they're both following their traditional vows not to kill, it might be more interesting.

Alpha Phoenix
Premium Member
join:2001-06-15
Brooklyn, NY

Alpha Phoenix to Snakeoil

Premium Member

to Snakeoil
said by Snakeoil:

In Kingdom Come, they never actually fought. They just had separate plans, with different outcomes, though similar goals.
Heck, by the time the story Kingdom come rolls around, Superman isn't that bothered with Kryptonite any longer [no matter the color]. He is basically just short of being a god.

In the comic book, I think[I didn't read the books that this took place in], Bats had a few devices made from Kryptonite.

There is an animated Justice League movie, where the JLA is having problems fighting their enemies. The root cause was because the "secrete" file Batman had on their weaknesses had been hacked. Batman collected the intel, in case one or more of the heroes decided to go villain.
So bats knows how to stop superman and the others.

Yeah. It was Justice League: Doom. It was a great movie.

Snakeoil
Ignore Button. The coward's feature.
Premium Member
join:2000-08-05
united state

Snakeoil

Premium Member

I enjoyed, just couldn't remember the name of it. I also enjoyed the Batman year 1 videos.

Alpha Phoenix
Premium Member
join:2001-06-15
Brooklyn, NY

1 edit

Alpha Phoenix to hitachi369

Premium Member

to hitachi369
nm