tired_runner
Premium Member
join:2000-08-25
CT
·Frontier FiberOp..

tired_runner

Premium Member

Why does router keep losing its mind?

So every time I reboot my 1841 it seems to want to default to an image that was there before but it's no longer there.

I did command (Holy shit I can't believe I remember the filename)

boot system flash:c1841-advipservicesk9-124-10c.bin

.. from global config and copied the config to NVRAM but it insists to boot the other image unless I go into ROMMON and tell it where to load from.

I really... really... don't want to delete this config and start it from scratch if I could help it.

Where could it be recalling the old image from besides the running and start config?
aryoba
MVM
join:2002-08-22

aryoba

MVM

Did you save the running-config to startup-config? Also make sure the configuration registration is set at default, which is 0x2102
tired_runner
Premium Member
CT

tired_runner

Premium Member

Gonna have to check the conf reg, forgot about that.

Yea, did copy run sta the last time I played with this router. Unfortunately I reloaded remotely and I won't be able to get back in until later today. Grr!!
cramer
Premium Member
join:2007-04-10
Raleigh, NC

cramer to tired_runner

Premium Member

to tired_runner
In ROMMON, clear (or correctly set) the BOOT variable. And then save the env (sync I think.)
tired_runner
Premium Member
CT
·Frontier FiberOp..

tired_runner

Premium Member

Alright, so I'm a dumbass after all.

It was set to

boot system flash:c1841-adventerprisek9-mz.124-25b.bin

There's no such image file named like this.

I renamed the boot system statement, copied run start, reloaded, and the router comes back on its own again.

Thanks guys
HELLFIRE
MVM
join:2009-11-25

HELLFIRE to tired_runner

MVM

to tired_runner
Glad you all got it figured out tired_runner See Profile... if there was nothing screwy in the
config I would've gone with aryoba See Profile 's suggestion of next checking the config register.

Regards