Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Hooter

join:2009-08-17
Scarborough, ON
reply to Fed Up

Re: [TV] Rogers tries to nail me with $50 Technician Install Fee

My guess is that at some point in the future, these "free" digital adapters will no longer be free. Currently, Rogers is providing them free of charge. (Yes, we are converting our channels from analogue to digital, but we will provide a free digital adapter so that you will be able to continue watching your favourite channels.) However, I certainly remember the days when Rogers first got into the high-speed Internet market and provided Internet modems free of charge as well. We have all seen how that one turned out! So my prediction is that once they have completed the analogue to digital conversion, they will announce that there will be a nominal rental fee (say $2 or $3) or perhaps even an option to purchase!

TwiztedZero
Nine Zero Burp Nine Six
Premium
join:2011-03-31
Toronto, ON
kudos:5

I thought those DTA adaptors (if thats what we're talking about ) were free for one or two years then after that there would be a rental for them?

yyzlhr

join:2012-09-03
Scarborough, ON
kudos:4

said by TwiztedZero:

I thought those DTA adaptors (if thats what we're talking about ) were free for one or two years then after that there would be a rental for them?

Other MSOs have gone that route, Rogers has not taken this path. However, nothing is stopping them from changing their mind.