join:2000-08-05
united state

1 recommendation

Snakeoil

Premium Member

"Sharknado146" to Hit Theaters in August

»fox8.com/2013/07/26/shar ··· -august/
quote:
“Sharknado” will go from the TV screen to the silver screen next month.

The Syfy TV movie about a tornado that forces sharks out of the sea and drops them in
Los Angeles premiered mid-July. The movie generated such a social media frenzy that it will hit theaters for one night only, according to the Huffington Post.

Really? That may be fun.

Though tickets are 12.50 a pop and it's a midnight showing. Though that brings me back to the midnight shows of Rocky Horror, Pink Floyd the wall, Led Zepplin's The song remains the same.

GlennLouEarl
3 brothers, 1 gone
Premium Member
join:2002-11-17
Richmond, VA

3 recommendations

GlennLouEarl

Premium Member

"...Candy-gram"

lotusracer
Premium Member
join:1999-11-26
Moline, IL

lotusracer to Snakeoil

Premium Member

to Snakeoil

Re: "Sharknado146" to Hit Theaters in August

here is where to find out if it is playing near you

»www.regmovies.com/promot ··· harknado

SixOfNine
Brake In A Ladylike Manner.
Premium Member
join:2001-08-30
Sterling, VA

SixOfNine

Premium Member

I caught the end of a rerun last night. What was funny is that they were displaying tweets from fans on suggested titles for the sequel.

lotusracer
Premium Member
Moline, IL

1 recommendation

lotusracer to Snakeoil

Premium Member

to Snakeoil
how about a Lego Sharknado ???

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium Member
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in

elwoodblues to Snakeoil

Premium Member

to Snakeoil
I have no idea what they were thinking with this "movie", It was either deliberately planned or is the biggest piece of turd known to man.

Bad editing,during the "attack" they were cutting in and out of random people screaming, none which added to the plot, REALLY BAD masking (think of closeup scenes when in the car/sea doo/surfboard).

Then we can add in the horrible acting... they spent how much on this?

Snakeoil
Ignore Button. The coward's feature.
Premium Member
join:2000-08-05
united state

Snakeoil

Premium Member

I think they spent under 5 million on it. But it was "all the rage" of the social media sites, and it did grab a few more viewers then expected.

Red_Menace
poking around since 1978
join:2001-11-03
Fruita, CO

Red_Menace to elwoodblues

to elwoodblues
I take it you've never seen "Attack of the Killer Tomatoes".

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix to Snakeoil

Premium Member

to Snakeoil

LOL

IMO this is a commentary of what people have become

lotusracer
Premium Member
Moline, IL

lotusracer

Premium Member

said by DarkLogix:

LOL

IMO this is a commentary of what people have become

oh, I don't know... this movie wasn't any worse than the cheesy sci-fi movies I saw whilst growing up back in the 50s... with 'monsters' that looked like upside down ice cream cones with teeth... monsters you could easily see strings or 2 x 4s moving them around.... or the ones that used miniatures that were so obviously little toys.

that's kind of why I like this kind of movie actually

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium Member
Somewhere in

elwoodblues

Premium Member

said by lotusracer:

oh, I don't know... this movie wasn't any worse than the cheesy sci-fi movies I saw whilst growing up back in the 50s... with 'monsters' that looked like upside down ice cream cones with teeth... monsters you could easily see strings or 2 x 4s moving them around.... or the ones that used miniatures that were so obviously little toys.

that's kind of why I like this kind of movie actually

That was the 50's that was "state of the art" at the time. Like I stated above, the biggest issue was shitty editing and production.

captokita
Premium Member
join:2005-02-22
Calabash, NC

captokita to elwoodblues

Premium Member

to elwoodblues

said by elwoodblues:

Bad editing,during the "attack" they were cutting in and out of random people screaming, none which added to the plot, REALLY BAD masking (think of closeup scenes when in the car/sea doo/surfboard).

Then we can add in the horrible acting... they spent how much on this?

Have you watched any of these dumb movies on Sy-Fy? They're loaded with bad acting, bad cuts, and horrible special effects of *insert name of giant killing animal*. For whatever reason, people made a big deal out of this one.

One of my friends saw it on that theater night. He said the showing had more people in it than most of the "Blockbusters" that he had seen in that same theater recently.

THAT ought to tell you something, when a cheesy movie like this can do so well, and the big-budget blockbusters do horribly.

I still haven't seen it, and have no desire to. I tried watching mega shark vs giant octopus once......... once.....

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium Member
Somewhere in

1 recommendation

elwoodblues

Premium Member

I can honestly say this is the first SYFY movie I've seen.
Yes you are right, the cheesy movies can do better then blockbusters (relatively speaking), but this was just plain horrible.. sorry.

Boricua
Premium Member
join:2002-01-26
Sacramuerto

Boricua

Premium Member

On Saturday nights when SYFY played these crappy movies, I found myself watching one on a rare occasion. I KNEW full well it was worse than cow dung, but I just had to waste two hours of my life pass the time watching the movie as there was nothing else to do.