Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

cchheett
Lamb Of God
Premium
join:2001-04-02
Eagle Creek, OR

[Windows] Netgear router cant login. Or see me?

I have a problem with my router. I can't login to my router at all. I hit the button for 30 seconds and reset , and i can use my laptop but its not secure. I need to use set password ect, but i cant login at all. I have tried 192.168.0.1 and 192.168.1.1. The browser just times out. I notice when i tried ipconfig I don't have a Default Gateway. Is that something i need to find out. I had a stroke, and i don't remember all this stuff. Thanks for any help

Windows 7
--
A.B.Mult.Horror

HELLFIRE
Premium
join:2009-11-25
kudos:19
Make / model of router would help...

Yes, it's helpful to know the IP address of the router in order to manage it. If it isn't handing out
an IP address / DG, sounds like it may be borked.

Regards

cchheett
Lamb Of God
Premium
join:2001-04-02
Eagle Creek, OR
Netgear wgr614 vp. I have a linksis that i tried and i get the same results. But i am using the netgear now.
--
A.B.Mult.Horror

aguen
Premium
join:2003-07-16
Grants Pass, OR
kudos:2
reply to cchheett
I'm assuming you're not using the Netgear successfully at this point?
If not, then go to this link for starters: »compnetworking.about.com/od/mode···ress.htm

On this site are instructions or links to instructions for all things Netgear router related.

HELLFIRE
Premium
join:2009-11-25
kudos:19
reply to cchheett
Is your IPCONFIG set to dynamically or statically get all the information?

It's always possible it was statically set to get one... check your Windows network adapter properties.

Regards

Fraoch

join:2003-08-01
Cambridge, ON
kudos:2
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
reply to cchheett
Yes, make sure your laptop is set to retrieve an address by DHCP (i.e. dynamic). You don't have to worry about setting the gateway, subnet mask, DNS, etc.

If that doesn't work, try these settings:

IP address: 192.168.0.2
Subnet mask: 255.255.255.0
Default gateway: 192.168.0.1

Preferred DNS server: 8.8.8.8
Alternate DNS server: 8.8.4.4