Rakeesh

join:2011-10-30
Mesa, AZ
Reviews:
·Sprint Mobile Br..
·Cox HSI

4 edits
reply to Rob_

Re: [Off Topic] What is your marketing department thinking?

I just cut the cord two weeks ago myself, stopped using the services entirely a week before that. The blanket CCI flagging is what ultimately did me in, but other considerations played a role as well.

They did offer me the economy package for $17 for an entire year but I declined (I really truly don't watch cable anymore, haven't for almost 8 months, and finally weaned the rest of the people in the house off of it) so if anybody else is looking for a discount they might consider calling to cancel anyways just to fish for the discount.

I presently pay cox $32 a month for premier internet (50/10) and that's it. I'm a pretty happy camper with their services nowadays, cable tv truly was a frustrating experience compared to using Roku with Netflix/Amazon. It doesn't help that Cox uses what is arguably the worst set top box equipment in the industry, combined with the fact that Cox in the Phoenix area has extremely restrictive access controls, and doesn't even follow their own corporate policy in that regard either.

Cable TV is dying, worse is they know its dying, and the whole industry is too incompetent to do anything about it. The content providers are too restrictive with their means of distribution and far to aggressive on pricing, and the distributors (the cable company) are doing practically nothing to add any value to their services except coming up with some new cheesy DVR that ultimately doesn't do anything somebody else hasn't already done better, and usually has a lot of bugs too. They have this forced relationship with one another that is mutually destructive because the price keeps going up while nothing improves, which only succeeds in pissing off the customer.

KrK
Heavy Artillery For The Little Guy
Premium
join:2000-01-17
Tulsa, OK

Here Premier is $66 a month and you only get 25/3. For $100 a month, 3 times what you pay, we can get 50/5.

Welcome to the Duopoly.
--
"Fascism should more properly be called corporatism because it is the merger of state and corporate power." -- Benito Mussolini

ajwees41
Premium
join:2002-05-10
Omaha, NE
reply to Rakeesh

How are getting for half of the price listed on the website?

»ww2.cox.com/residential/arizona/···t_040113

Rakeesh

join:2011-10-30
Mesa, AZ
Reviews:
·Sprint Mobile Br..
·Cox HSI

said by KrK:

Here Premier is $66 a month and you only get 25/3. For $100 a month, 3 times what you pay, we can get 50/5.

Welcome to the Duopoly.

At least you have a duopoly. Here Cox is the one and only provider. Centurylink thinks they're competition but their prices are much higher, require a contract, top tiers have much slower rates (12mbit/768kbit) and high first hop latency.

said by ajwees41:

How are getting for half of the price listed on the website?

»ww2.cox.com/residential/arizona/···t_040113

Easy, I fish for discounts. I'm currently on what is by far the best discount I've ever received (50% off of the bill for an entire year.)