uniqs
tomupnorth
join:2005-01-14
UpperMidwest

1 recommendation

tomupnorth to bobokho

to bobokho

Re: $40 Plan No Longer Listed

Well here I am early Saturday and my plan turned-over automatically as normal. So "restart plan" must be needed only for those plans that are not automatic...

WhatsayU
@spcsdns.net

WhatsayU

Anon

sounds like a trick... lol
I see what your saying up in the corner "restart plan" but what I noticed is that my current plan usually has a check marked and now its un-checked.

So I will re-check my plan instead of clicking "restart plan" as it seems like a trick and maybe loose my unlimited plan some how?

also just noticed that my $20 1GB "walmart exclusive" plan returned to my line up of choices. almost like a bait n switch tactic because if I choose it then I loose the other unlimited plan fore ever... lol

What a GB actually cost is = about 2 cents why not just give one plan @ $45 unlimited and be done with this game they are playing...

dib22
join:2002-01-27
Kansas City, MO

dib22

said by WhatsayU :

sounds like a trick... lol
I see what your saying up in the corner "restart plan" but what I noticed is that my current plan usually has a check marked and now its un-checked.

Well on the ones I have checked the current plans no longer lists the grandfathered plan... are you saying you have both the $40/Unlimited 3G option AND a restart plan link?

WhatsayU
@spcsdns.net

WhatsayU

Anon

no longer have $40 because I choose the $20 "walmart exclusive" plan once about a year ago and lost that $40 unlimited option. I'm now staying with the $50 throttled @ 2.5 Gb unlimited and not be baited out of - I will not get fooled again... lol

In my opinion They really only need 2 plans - revisited my previous post:

$10 unlimited 3 day 1 GB
$45 unlimited 30 day 5 GB throttled there after

bobokho
@spcsdns.net

bobokho to tomupnorth

Anon

to tomupnorth
Thanks laserfan for taking the time to post the results of your successful plan turn-over...I have another week and a half to go before my plan restart...and have been throttled since last week.

I have only used top-up cards with Virgin Mobile and have two accounts/devices...both are grandfathered $40 and I occasionally alternate them soas to keep them both active...both accounts had issues after the service upgrades & the issues were different...recently I realized that my current account (I’ll call it #1) shows (and I even posted it at the beginning of this thread without it sinking in) “Current Plan: Broadband2Go $40 Unlimited - Auto Renewal - Non Dual Mode Device”...this is interesting only because my account #2 shows: “Current Plan: Broadband2Go $40 Unlimited - Non Auto Renewal - Non Dual Mode Device”...the difference being Auto Renewal versus Non Auto Renewal...as best as I can determine my account #1 got changed when I first tried to restart it after the service upgrades and couldn’t...somehow my call to VM support resulted in the plan change...right now I have $$ in account #1 so the auto restart should work just fine...what I’m interested in watching will be when the $$ are used up and I decide to instead restart account #2 what will happen to my default plan with account #1 – because it won’t be able to restart with no $$ available...I suspect it will be no different than having a credit card rejected and it will just wait for me to add top-up $$ or supply a credit card number...if not I’m sure VM support will take care of it...I’ve been pleased with their support so far...perhaps it helps that I am accustomed to understanding a foreign accent...I still think that the last VM change to the online account page is confusing...4G is approaching my location from two directions...one is separated by a large mountain chain...the other shows more promise and I am estimating that it will be available to me in two years...thereafter all these current account & plan concerns will disappear as new ones take their place. Thanks, bk

dib22
Kansas City, MO

dib22

said by bobokho :

what I’m interested in watching will be when the $$ are used up and I decide to instead restart account #2 what will happen to my default plan with account #1 – because it won’t be able to restart with no $$ available...I suspect it will be no different than having a credit card rejected and it will just wait for me to add top-up $$ or supply a credit card number...

I am curious about this as well... please report back if you let it lapse so I can update the faq.
tomupnorth
UpperMidwest

tomupnorth

FAQ? What FAQ?

I haven't called VM in a couple yrs maybe but it was always about billing, the agents were always pleasant and cheerful even; I've believed they are in Mexico.

At any rate thanks bobokho for coming-back here with an update. I've no doubt but that someday VM BB2G will kill-off the initial $40/mo Unlimited 5GB plan--I see their new/comparable plan is $55 now!

Or maybe they will let us "early adopters" carry-on forever. Where I live it's unlikely I will ever see 4G (and now that I've said that out loud it will probably show-up tomorrow).

Of course, my homepage states "Service expires 3/27/2014" and maybe that will be the bitter end...

dib22
Kansas City, MO

dib22

said by tomupnorth:

FAQ? What FAQ?

This FAQ : »Virgin Mobile USA Broadband2Go
said by tomupnorth:

At any rate thanks bobokho for coming-back here with an update. I've no doubt but that someday VM BB2G will kill-off the initial $40/mo Unlimited 5GB plan--I see their new/comparable plan is $55 now!

They offer no more unlimited/throttled 3G plans, all the current plans cut off the 3G service once you hit the limit. The WiMax(4G) does still have unlimited/throttled service, but not 3G anymore
tomupnorth
UpperMidwest

tomupnorth

said by dib22:

They offer no more unlimited/throttled 3G plans, all the current plans cut off the 3G service once you hit the limit.

Cut-off? You mean it drops out of 3G altogether? One nice (amazing actually) thing about VMBB2G is that the few times I've exceeded the 5GB monthly allowance, the speeds are still comparable-if-not-faster than my Hughesnet satellite service!

dib22
Kansas City, MO

dib22

said by tomupnorth:

Cut-off? You mean it drops out of 3G altogether?

Yup once you hit the 3G allotment you need to buy a new plan to get 3G service again...harsh ehh?
tomupnorth
UpperMidwest

tomupnorth

Yikes! Well, I guess we can never know what the future might hold--when VM closed-out their MC760 and MiFi products I bought one of each dirt cheap for "backups". Probably a waste of money, albeit a relatively small one ($40 total I think)..