spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

redfishblade

@fuse.net

fioptics sucks

i recently switched from time warner to cincinnati bell iwas told it was faster internet and better quality tv, both are false the internet is not faster .the wifi keeps disabling itself the tv video&audio keep freezing.I* don't get much help from tech support.I'm no technical whiz,I just want to use the internet and watch tv this fioptics sucks. I think I will go back to time warner

DeathK
Premium
join:2002-06-16
Cincinnati, OH
OK

Crispin

join:2003-06-04
Fairfield, OH
reply to redfishblade
That's too bad. It's been great for me. My TVs have had the freezing problem a couple of times, but it's easily fixed by resetting their router back to defaults. I think their router picks up a bad static route from my router somehow that interferes with the IPTV transmissions.

pantoni

join:2013-07-19
Cincinnati, OH
reply to redfishblade
It's been great, so far so good. It's not as robust as DirecTV, but I'm not paying $115 a month either. I'm glad I made the switch.

I'm thinking redfishblade is taxing the bandwidth with multiple TVs on, the DVR recording two shows.

Go to Time Warner and have their issues to deal with (let alone paying way too much for the service). I'm sticking with this service.

CVGNet

join:2012-04-10
Cincinnati, OH
reply to redfishblade
From the description it sounds as if the OP is an FTTN (Fiber to the node) service with copper service to the house. The direct fiber service seems very stable. On FTTH Cincinnati Bell does offer a faster download option than TWC but there are different speed tiers at different price points so the real questions are what speed is being paid for and what speed is being received?