Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

WarningU2
Premium
join:2002-10-27
Burlington, ON

[TV] Cogeco HD Stations Pixelation and Audio Cut Out Sat July 27

In Burlington noted this afternoon that with a couple of exceptions nearly ALL HD stations are not watchable. REALLY Bad pixelation and audio cut outs.

Anyone else experiencing this?

On hold for 15 minutes thus far for support to try to find out what is going on. Experiencing larger than normal call volumes.

Hamilton1

join:2007-10-28
Hamilton, ON

Re: [TV] Cogeco HD Stations Pixelation and Audio Cut Out Sat Jul

I live in Hamilton west and I'm getting the same thing. I just called Cogeco Tech and the recorded message says they are aware of the problem and are working on it.

They say the wait time to speak to a rep is around 30 minutes so I'm not going to bother sitting on hold to only be told the same thing.

You would think that they would pick a better time to do this analog to digital switch and you would think they should be able to do it without screwing everybody's service.

WarningU2
Premium
Burlington, ON

I sat on hold and it is system wide according to the rep

no eta to fix. or what the issue is at this time.

Hamilton1

Hamilton, ON
reply to WarningU2

The Mod locked the other thread but again Cogeco has been changing over from analog to digital and they have been doing it for over 2 weeks now. So closing that thread and saying it was only related to his issue is incorrect IHMO.

I think we are going to continue to see pixelation and sound dropouts unit this conversion is finished, and Cogeco issn't going to let any of it's customers know when that is.

The only time frame I was given was with a note for my mothers basic cable she gets in a nursing home and it said we needed to install their digital box by "July 21st" or she would no longer be about to receive basic cable.

RogueMonk
Premium
join:2003-02-11
Stoney Creek, ON
kudos:1
reply to WarningU2

Same problems here. Gonna request a refund for each day it happens. That will add up.

MrPink

join:2003-08-15
Peterborough, ON
reply to WarningU2

Peterborough here.

Some, not all HD stations doing the same. Maybe a source issue? Just started today.

WarningU2
Premium
Burlington, ON
reply to Hamilton1

I thought we switched to digital months ago?!

WarningU2
Premium
Burlington, ON

See this thread.

»[TV] What ever happened to the Space HD channel offerings?

Comment about HD changes ... I'm wondering if this explains the service degradation right now?

lazyfox2

join:2004-05-26
Kingston, ON

Same problem in Kingston, mostly just the 'upper' channels - like 765, CBC Newsworld.

WarningU2
Premium
Burlington, ON
reply to WarningU2

Issue appears resolved today. Thanks for fixing whatever it was. Be nice if cogeco rep would update this thread as to cause.

kim
That Chick
Premium,Mod
join:2001-03-25
ON
kudos:7
Reviews:
·Cogeco Cable
reply to WarningU2

Cogeco's Reported Outage page
»www.cogeco.ca/web/on/en/resident···rlington

There's not a lot of info there though.
--
Fluent in 3 languages: English, Sarcasm and Sexual Innuendo.

lazyfox2

Kingston, ON

Still not fixed in Kingston, CBC Newsworld, anyway.

MysticGuitar

join:2012-04-12
Waterdown, ON
Reviews:
·WIND Mobile
·Cogeco Cable
reply to WarningU2

said by kim:

Cogeco's Reported Outage page
»www.cogeco.ca/web/on/en/resident···rlington

There's not a lot of info there though.

Cogeco always has some kind of outage reported on that page, though. Some regions even have reports dating back a few months.

said by WarningU2:

In Burlington noted this afternoon that with a couple of exceptions nearly ALL HD stations are not watchable. REALLY Bad pixelation and audio cut outs.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Can you give a specific channel example? I'm not noticing many problems as of this writing, but certainly had a few problems last Sunday. (The Movie Network / HBO Canada, was watching Dexter)

said by WarningU2:

See this thread.

»[TV] What ever happened to the Space HD channel offerings?

Comment about HD changes ... I'm wondering if this explains the service degradation right now?

Aaron's comment was one of the reasons I looked away when things starting acting up. I assumed that the problems I experienced last week were caused by the mentioned system changes.

WarningU2
Premium
Burlington, ON

Can you give a specific channel example? I'm not noticing many problems as of this writing, but certainly had a few problems last Sunday.

>>> All stns above 704 except the sports channels.

========

But they are fine now. I think the outage on Saturday was different from the periodic hits like CHCHTV that is mostly bad all the time and other various stns. This impacted nearly ALL HD stations.

lazyfox2

Kingston, ON

Appears fixed in Kingston too, must have been system wide. Cogeco could do a much better job of describing the incident, and also posting a resolved date/time. The incident has disappeared from their outage page.

Hamilton1

Hamilton, ON
reply to WarningU2

They have a website, Facebook and Twitter and whenever there is a problem they don't post to any of these sites to let a customer know whats going on.

I hate Cogeco's slogan "how can we help you" Well it's simple if there's a system wide problem post regular updates that inform the customer instead of just saying we are aware of the problem and are working on a solution. That line is so very old by now especially in this day and age.

kim
That Chick
Premium,Mod
join:2001-03-25
ON
kudos:7

bit of a social media strategy issue it seems.

Hamilton1

Hamilton, ON

1 edit
reply to WarningU2

Well it looks like whatever the problem is it's still around. Today I'm having the same problem on multiple HD stations again. Is anyone else having the problem?

Called Cogeco and they say the problem must be on my end even though I know that that's not the case. this Company is so frustrating to deal with.

RogueMonk
Premium
join:2003-02-11
Stoney Creek, ON
kudos:1

Yup. Not just you. Having some pixelation and pauses on some HD channels.

Jackorama

join:2008-05-23
Kingston, ON

Just got off the phone with my father, he is having the same problems with the HD stations in Kingston. He said he rebooted everything and it helped a little, but the problem would come back. I let him know that people here were having the same trouble too and that it was not his TV or receiver.