uniqs
share rss forum feed

andrewc2

join:2011-06-05
Matamoras, PA
Reviews:
·Optimum Online

DLNA + HDHR Prime setup?

So I'm considering what options I have for cablecard live tv access, not necessarily DVR at this point but being able to have a device like the HDHomeRun Prime which gives 3 cablecard tuners.

Since they have DLNA could I get another device that hooks up to a TV via HDMI and an ethernet cable has a remote that can access one of the tuners.

Has anyone looked into doing a non-media center based setup. Is it even possible yet?

Jackarino
YacCity
Premium
join:2006-12-28
Allendale, NJ
kudos:1

I have a non media center setup right now with a PS3
--
Romney - Ryan 2012
Christie 2016

ToTheMax

join:2013-07-27
Briarcliff Manor, NY
reply to andrewc2

said by andrewc2:

So I'm considering what options I have for cablecard live tv access, not necessarily DVR at this point but being able to have a device like the HDHomeRun Prime which gives 3 cablecard tuners.

Since they have DLNA could I get another device that hooks up to a TV via HDMI and an ethernet cable has a remote that can access one of the tuners.

Has anyone looked into doing a non-media center based setup. Is it even possible yet?

You would need a Dlna device on the target tv, bluray , ps3, xbox360 , smart tv, roku3,wd live

andrewc2

Matamoras, PA

Can any DLNA capable device access all channels or only unencrypted? Can only some access encrypted channels?

rtbond

join:2007-11-28
Hopatcong, NJ
reply to andrewc2

I suggest you visit the SiliconDust Project:Connect forum, where the HDHomeRun Prime CableCARD network tuner is being controlled by standalone devices, including Smart TVs.

»www.silicondust.com/forum2/viewf···f786a565

I am only using the HDHomeRun Prime in a WMC7 based DVR configuration.

--Rob

said by andrewc2:

andrewc2

Matamoras, PA

Thank's Rob that will be super helpful!