All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
JMJimmy
join:2008-07-23

JMJimmy

[DSL] Getting REALLY fed up with Bell

TSI has gone to the ends of the earth for me trying to get me stable internet, from personal attention from Marc, PhilR, and Andre to trying every possible fix including being put on what amounts to a beta firmware, but Bhell just keeps fucking up.

The latest is now the connection has been dropping once every 30-60 mins - I called in and, this is exciting, someone picked up right away!!! We ran through the gamut of tests and I stopped short of a 30-30-30 reset because that would lose the beta firmware. No apparent reason why it's happening. We thought it was isolated to the Sagemcom and might be a firmware issue or some such but sure enough as I'm typing this message the problem happens on the Cellpipe as well.

Even I have never seen something like this... Bhell has checked the line 3-4 times now and says there's nothing wrong (luckily no charges yet or TSI has eaten the cost). I'm just so fed up with being screwed over by Bhell's incompetence.

I really wish there was a way customers could sue Bhell over this crap. I'd do it in a heartbeat.

(note for support - I'm on the phone now no direct thread needed
34764170 (banned)
join:2007-09-06
Etobicoke, ON

34764170 (banned)

said by JMJimmy:

I really wish there was a way customers could sue Bhell over this crap. I'd do it in a heartbeat.

You can only wish. I can only imagine how many law suits there would be filed towards the incumbent carriers if there were possible.

ShawnS
Business Solutions Agent
Premium Member
join:2012-11-22
Chatham, ON

ShawnS to JMJimmy

Premium Member

to JMJimmy
said by JMJimmy:

(note for support - I'm on the phone now no direct thread needed )

Duly noted.

Thank you
TSI Shawn S

kyrio
LURK MORE
join:2010-03-24
Canada

kyrio to JMJimmy

to JMJimmy
Interesting. I had new DSL 25/10 service installed a couple of weeks ago (not TekSavvy) and I've had disconnects about as often as you have. Actually, I'm surprised that in the last 24 hours (yesterday afternoon until now) I've only been disconnected about 4 times. I'm going to replace the internal wiring to rule that out as the cause, because Bell already replaced a bunch of their own crap and there's nothing else internally that could be the issue.

On that note, there are tons of old threads about Sagecom modem users having this exact issue, even with Bell's own customers.
JMJimmy
join:2008-07-23

JMJimmy

Old threads = sync no surf. Different issue which I'm also having issues with. If you're on a Sagemcom and having issues where you can't browse but the DSL link light stays on for your modem then contact TSI Andre - they are trying to gather data on people suffering from this to send to Bhell to get them to re-patch the firmware.

Ends up it was an intermittent DSL outage in the GTA area and not unique to my line or at least thats what I was told.