All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
Fervid
join:2013-02-20

Fervid

Any issues in London?

All day today I've been having issues in London (NW). I tried to run a speedtest and my DL is around 3-4Mb/s and the test gives me an error when trying to upload. I called support and there was no mention of any issues in London, only GTA.

I am suppose to be getting an upgrade to 150/10, I got the confirmation email on the 24th. Teksavvy has already charged my credit card for the service but yet to actually have any indications that my service has been actually upgraded. Power cycling the modem does not change the performance. I've also connected my computer directly to the modem with the same results.

I'm just curious if it's only me, or others are having issues as well.
tedrampart
join:2011-12-13
London, ON

tedrampart

I was slowed down yesterday to half speed download (upload remained the same).. didn't really notice it since I was mostly working through a slow VPN, but it turned out to not be the VPN after disconnecting and doing a speedtest.

I haven't checked today if it's still there, but I plan to shortly now that I'm home.

EDIT - just checked again and it's fine (bit slow on the upstream, but not an issue).. I'm in Old East Village
Fervid

Fervid

It just seems like i'm constantly getting disconnected from the internet and having to reboot the modem to do minimal tasks. I guess I'll call TekSavvy back, wait to be put on hold, have a shower, make lunch and cut the grass (not necessarily in that order lol) then wait out the remaining 15mins for someone on their end to pick up..
tedrampart
join:2011-12-13
London, ON

tedrampart to Fervid

to Fervid
Instead you could post the issue in the direct forums to get an answer.. may take just as long, but may be less annoying of a wait (though nothing more annoying that a frequently disconnecting internet signal.)

I'm sure if you leave your number and ask for a call back in the message it could also be arranged if you don't get any answers right away.
Fervid

Fervid

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll do just that.

TSI Ashleigh
Premium Member
join:2013-02-24
Chatham, ON

TSI Ashleigh to Fervid

Premium Member

to Fervid
Hello Fervid,

Sorry to hear your having a connection issue. We can certainly assist you in the Direct Forum »/fo ··· avdirect. In regards to wait times, our wait times have been decreased significantly and there isn't any wait for our agents today, and there hasn't been all day.

Thank you
Ashleigh

TypeS
join:2012-12-17
London, ON

TypeS to Fervid

to Fervid
Everything seems fine for me right now:

Fervid

Fervid

After trying about 10 times to get a speedtest to work (it kept failing at upload)

This is what was produced:

I think during my upgrade they moved the decimal point in the speed towards the wrong direction.. LOL

TypeS
London, ON

TypeS

How do your cable line stats look?
Fervid

Fervid

WOW.. So after spending almost 2 hours jumping through fiery hoops to collect all the data that the TSI reps in the Direct forums asked for.. The last step they want me to try is to do a factory reset on my modem..

I did that, and now my modem will not even come back online.. Now I have to connect using my tethered blackberry. TSI Martin said I have to wait 3 days to hear back about my ticket.. wtf??
said by TSI Andy:

I have opened a ticket on your account and we should receive a response in 72 hours time.

On the first page of my modem, it keeps getting stuck here, and then after a few minutes the entire process reboots.

PC Connectivity:
USB: N/A
Ethernet: 1G BaseT
USB VendID: N/A
MAC Address: 80:c6:ab:7f:cc:65

Cable Signal: Ready
Tuning: Complete
Ranging: Complete
Data Service: Connecting...
Connecting: Complete
Configuring: Complete
Registering: Complete

Current State: BPI initial
Highest State Obtained: Registration

Configuration Parameters:
Computers Allowed by Service Provider: 2
Computers Detected by Modem: 0

I notice that after a few minutes or so, the entire process starts up again, like this:

PC Connectivity:
USB: N/A
Ethernet: 1G BaseT
USB VendID: N/A
MAC Address: 80:c6:ab:7f:cc:65

Cable Signal: Connecting...
Tuning: In progress..... (Step 1 of 5)
Ranging:
Data Service:
Connecting:
Configuring:
Registering:

Current State: Not synchronized
Highest State Obtained: Registration

Configuration Parameters:
Computers Allowed by Service Provider: Unknown
Computers Detected by Modem: 0

While the data service is trying to connect, here are the values on the next page:

Status Code: Unknown
Software Version: STAC.02.50
Software Model: a81a
Bootloader: 2.3.1

Cable Signal Details
Forward Path:
Channel Frequency Power SNR BER Modulation
1 615.0 MHz -4.2 dBmV 40.8 dB 0.000 % 256 QAM
2 621.0 MHz -3.9 dBmV 41.3 dB 0.000 % 256 QAM
3 633.0 MHz -2.8 dBmV 41.9 dB 0.000 % 256 QAM
4 639.0 MHz -2.6 dBmV 41.9 dB 0.000 % 256 QAM
5 645.0 MHz -2.5 dBmV 41.8 dB 0.000 % 256 QAM
6 651.0 MHz -2.7 dBmV 41.8 dB 0.000 % 256 QAM
7 657.0 MHz -3.0 dBmV 41.4 dB 0.000 % 256 QAM
8 663.0 MHz -3.1 dBmV 41.3 dB 0.001 % 256 QAM
Return Path:
Channel ID Frequency Power Modulation
4 38.6 MHz 43.0 dBmV 64 QAM
1 31.3 MHz 43.0 dBmV 64 QAM
2 25.3 MHz 43.0 dBmV 64 QAM
3 22.1 MHz 41.5 dBmV 64 QAM
Data Service Details
Provisioned Address: Yes
Provisioned Time: Yes
Provisioned Configuration: Yes
BPI: Disabled
ommand
join:2013-07-19
canada

ommand to Fervid

to Fervid
Mine is currently doing the exact same thing, also in London. This new network or whatever is awesome...
The Mongoose
join:2010-01-05
Toronto, ON

The Mongoose

It's probably not related to the switch to ATPIA...otherwise everyone in London (and probably the whole network) would be experiencing it. This seems seems like the modem is on a perfectly good signal, but isn't able to get any kind of decent response from the CMTS (or some other piece of equipment). But if the modem can't even connect, the problem is on Rogers' end, which unfortunately can mean it takes longer to fix while Rogers derps around.
ommand
canada

ommand to Fervid

to Fervid
My modem just managed to get sync but I'm still experiencing extreme packet loss.
Fervid

Fervid

said by ommand:

My modem just managed to get sync but I'm still experiencing extreme packet loss.

Mine has been offline for a while now, tried rebooting it again to no avail. If you are having the same issue as me, i'm some what relieved to know it's not just me.

TekSavvy is talking about a technician coming to my residence and I only have VOIP at home.. It's going to be a huge mess, I can see it already. "Tech: I tried calling you.. derpy derp"

In any event, I hope that this issue is resolved ASAP.
ommand
canada

ommand

I should have just stayed on the 28/1 until I knew this shit was more stable. All of the complaints in this forum should have been a big red warning sign.
34764170 (banned)
join:2007-09-06
Etobicoke, ON

34764170 (banned) to Fervid

to Fervid
I see your cable segment has been upgraded to utilizing 64QAM for the upstream channels. I'm betting the cable issues you're experiencing are related to this upgrade. AFAIK switching to 64QAM unfortunately is more likely to expose issues in Rogers network just as enabling channel bonding in either direction exposed issues. Only Rogers can fix this but they need to be aware of it and what areas and customers are affected.

34764170 (banned) to ommand

to ommand
said by ommand:

I should have just stayed on the 28/1 until I knew this shit was more stable. All of the complaints in this forum should have been a big red warning sign.

If what I said in my other post is the source of the troubles then it would not matter what speed tier you were on. The 28/1 speed tier and all other speed tiers are serviced via the aggregated backhaul, but I don't think that has anything to do with the issue at hand.

Perma
join:2011-12-20

Perma

I'm in NorthWest London(Wonderland&Oxford) and I haven't experienced any problems at all today or since I've upgraded. I'm also on ATPIA 45/4.
Perma

Perma

I take my previous post back.

34764170 (banned)
Etobicoke, ON

1 edit

34764170 (banned) to Perma

to Perma
said by Perma:

I'm in NorthWest London(Wonderland&Oxford) and I haven't experienced any problems at all today or since I've upgraded. I'm also on ATPIA 45/4.

Switching to ATPIA is not the reason this is happening. Check your modem for the info regarding the downstream / upstream channel modulation. Has your node been switched to 64QAM for the upstream channels?

Okers
@teksavvy.com

Okers to Fervid

Anon

to Fervid
I'm in north east London that has the 150/10 package. Download speeds are 5 - 6, nothing close to 150 and getting 8.8 upload. Waiting for tech support to complain
rilles
join:2009-04-27
Waterloo, ON

rilles to Fervid

to Fervid
Having issues in Waterloo today. My cable (distributel is down most of today) and my DSL (Teksavvy) is having high packet loss (around 10%)
can00k
join:2003-07-05
London, ON

can00k to Fervid

to Fervid
I've noticed tonight that my speed is up and down like a yo-yo. I came here wondering if I was the only one, but this thread confirms that I'm not imagining things.

Okers
@teksavvy.com

Okers to Fervid

Anon

to Fervid
Just off the phone with Tech support. Told the guy that there has been alot of chatter on the forums about London speed issues. Didn't care, we did an hour of trouble shooting. The fool is going to send someone to my place. This is a treksavvy issue. Will not recommend anyone to take 150/10. I don't think they can handle it.

TypeS
London, ON

TypeS to Okers

to Okers
Must be cable node segment related as brad pointed out, here another speed test on my ATPIA 44/4 connection:

And modem link stats:

34764170 (banned)
Etobicoke, ON

34764170 (banned)

said by TypeS:

Must be cable node segment related as brad pointed out, here another speed test on my ATPIA 44/4 connection:

AFAIK not everyone on a node that has been upgraded will necessarily be affected. There is already a thread regarding these upgrades and issues appearing due to the upgrades.

»[rCable] RF problems lately

Another thing is that your node might not have been upgraded yet but it could also be due to changes Rogers has made in preparation for the upgrade.
Turtleman83
join:2008-04-12
London, ON

Turtleman83 to Fervid

to Fervid
It's been sort of up and down for me speedwise, but I just noticed I got my upgrade. I used testmy.net in Chrome and got this result -

I'm downtown near Harris Park
graniterock
Premium Member
join:2003-03-14
London, ON

graniterock to Fervid

Premium Member

to Fervid
Up in the NW I have also noticed slower speeds off and on lately (15 mbps rather than maxing out at 28+) but more and more frequently. I have also had start.ca users on my twitter feed occasionally complain of the same. My money is on node congestion or difficulties of some sort. For those asking about the 64 QAMs I've personally been on one for quite some time now (a year +) where as the slowdown seems to be more recent.
34764170 (banned)
Etobicoke, ON

34764170 (banned)

said by graniterock:

Up in the NW I have also noticed slower speeds off and on lately (15 mbps rather than maxing out at 28+) but more and more frequently. I have also had start.ca users on my twitter feed occasionally complain of the same. My money is on node congestion or difficulties of some sort. For those asking about the 64 QAMs I've personally been on one for quite some time now (a year +) where as the slowdown seems to be more recent.

I could be wrong but I find it too much of a coincidence that the areas affected are areas where Rogers is preparing for or have upgraded to 64QAM. Not all nodes that have been upgraded will have issues. I've heard of MSOs upgrading to 64QAM and having zero issues and others upgrading and having a lot of issues. It very much depends on quality and up keep of the cable plant. It isn't just London that has seen instability issues and performance issues with Rogers recently. In the other thread it was mentioned by TSI that the users issues were resolved by changes at Rogers end or changes to the cable infrastructure near the customer.

On another note... if there are node congestion issues (and the issues could be a mix of the above and congestion depending on the node) it wouldn't surprise me. Cable doesn't work magic. It shouldn't be a surprise when a whole lot of customers start ordering higher speed tiers and the nodes are then congested.
graniterock
Premium Member
join:2003-03-14
London, ON

graniterock

Premium Member

I've been on 64 QAM for over a year and I think that is true of most of London. So the upgrades could be causing issues other places but I don't think it applies to this situation as the issues are occurring well after the change here.