spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Booost

@optonline.net

Power outage and CV

The big thunderstorm this evening caused a power failure at about 4:45 PM. CV's batteries lasted about 2 hours, then died.

Now there's a CV truck out at the corner with an extension cord running to their power supply.

I'm running my modem and router from a "Powercup" inverter in my car - »www.powerline.com/mobile/inverte···wer-port

Meanwhile, my daughter drained the laptop battery by playing Minecraft.

JCP&L says the power should be back by 11 PM.

tmpchaos
Requiescat in pace
Co-Lead Mod
join:2000-04-28
Hoboken, NJ
Reviews:
·Optimum Online
The possibility of things like that is why I have my modem and router on a UPS- as well as a separate one for the laptop. Even 3 days after Sandy, I had power to get online for brief periods to check in.
--
***ATMFAQ***DIFAQ***Kitchen Sink***

Booost

@optonline.net
I have a UPS for the modem and router, but it only lasts about 70 minutes. My car battery lasts a lot longer.

My daughter drained the laptop battery playing Minecraft, so I hooked up the laptop to the UPS normally used with the desktop system, since its battery had about 50% charge remaining.

So I have extensions running through the basement and the kitchen. I'll probably trip and break my neck, but the laptop battery will be charged!

JCP&L has since rescinded their 11 PM estimate and are not providing any estimate.

IllIlIlllIll
EliteData
Premium
join:2003-07-06
Hampton Bays, NY
kudos:7
reply to Booost
both modem and router here operate @ 12 volts DC.
a large 12 volt DC marine battery works wonders.

kdshapiro

join:2000-03-29
Eatontown, NJ
reply to tmpchaos
Your lucky. Even with a generator all I had was lousy 3g.
--
Ken